Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 07:14:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  How long did your full medical CDR (Continuing Disability Review) take?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: How long did your full medical CDR (Continuing Disability Review) take?  (Read 7781 times)
silent_one
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:53:19 PM »

If anyone here has experienced a full medical CDR (the long form):

How long did it take to complete?

Did they send you to their Doctor(s), even if you have an on-going long-term relationship with your own Doctor.

Did they phone you?

Did they send you more than the initial CDR letter?

I'm sure it varies, depending on the medical evidence required, but I am just curious to hear what others have experienced.

Thanks
Pamela
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:44 AM »

From what I've read on a few ssd forums, it can vary....Though I just got my first one. I got the long form. I was approved for disability 5 years ago, was supposed to be reviewed 2 years after that, so I guess it means they are about 3  years back logged.

Though, it can be very un-nerving to have to go through all that again. I had to fight to get approved and now here we go again...Though things have not improved for me, I cannot imagine them removing my benefits especially after I am currently under going testing...
xnidra
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »

That would be great news if they are really 3 years behind in reviews.I wonder if there is any way to find out how back logged they are?I have read a lot on this forum about people waiting for their reviews and how they are behind schedule but I didn't realize it was that far behind.
Kittyholic
~ Platinum ~

People helped 23

The Catwhisperer

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:51 AM »

There are several publications at the SSA website that report a decrease in CDR completions of 60-65% for the years 2004 – 2008. This would indicate a three-year backlog is plausible.

In the recently released FY 2009 (10/1/2008 - 9/30/2009) Performance & Accountability Report, the SSA estimates a backlog of 1.4 million CDRs:

SSA is also facing a large backlog of full medical continuing disability reviews (CDR). Between FYs 2004 and 2008, the number of full medical CDRs conducted by SSA decreased by approximately 65 percent. At the end of FY 2009, SSA had a backlog of approximately 1.4 million CDRs that were due but were not released to the DDSs for processing, and this number is estimated to increase in FY 2010.

In its FY 2011 Budget & Appropriations Request, additional funds were requested to reduce the backlog. The target for CDRs was increased from 954,000 in FY 2010 to 1,388,000 in FY 2011.

As justification for the increase in appropriations, a recent Office of Inspector General (OIG) report was referenced:

The OIG has issued a report on overpayments in SSA’s disability programs, estimating that SSA had not detected about $3.2 billion in overpayments; we also estimated that SSA paid about $2.1 billion in benefits annually to potentially ineligible beneficiaries. Although SSA tries to achieve a balance between stewardship and service, it is a challenge due to the funding needed for the agency to conduct an adequate number of both medical and work-related Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs). Although the agency had special funding for CDRs from FYs 1996 through 2002, and SSA’s data shows that CDRs save about $10 for every $1 spent, the agency has cut back on this workload…

…Along with the increased receipts, some DDSs are facing high attrition rates, hiring freezes, and employee furloughs, all of which affect SSA’s ability to process the disability workload. SSA is also facing a large backlog of full medical continuing disability reviews (CDRs). From FY 2003 to FY 2008, the number of full medical CDRs conducted by SSA decreased by 60 percent. The backlog of CDRs means that beneficiaries who no longer qualify for disability are receiving payments improperly.

The plan to reduce the backlog is use of the new “Short” CDR (SSA-454-ICR) that was submitted for approval in July 2009.

We are also implementing an electronic CDR process, which increases our speed and productivity compared to a paper  CDR process. In FY 2010 and FY 2011, we plan to increase the volume of periodic medical CDRs, helping us continue to reverse a trend in declining CDRs.

The use of SSA-454-ICR began in 2010, with an estimated roll-out of 18 months. Use of SSA-454-ICR is dependent on software upgrades at the state DDS offices. Once all the DDS offices have implemented the upgrades, the SSA-454-BK (Long) will become obsolete.

References:

Budget – Justification of Estimates for Appropriations Committee
http://www.ssa.gov/budget/
Performance & Accountability Report
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/finance/
Annual Performance Plan
http://www.socialsecurity.gov/performance/

The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it. (Richard Bach)
Name: Pati
Age at Application: 53
Disability: Small Fiber & Autonomic Neuropathy; Sjogren's Syndrome; DJD
Date Applied: 02/19/2009
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 10/26/2009
Date Award Letter Received: 11/17/2009
Date Back Pay Received: 10/25/2009
Additional Info: Assigned to DQB on 10/5/09. Approved.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:10:16 AM by plgerrard »
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 163327
  • Total Topics: 15531
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 60
Total: 61

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc