Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  Disability Update Report, second request
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Disability Update Report, second request  (Read 757 times)
peacepilgrim
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: July 12, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »

Feel free to insert comments into my text:

I went on SSDI many years ago for what was then called Organic Brain Syndrome.  I had a Brain Spect exam from UCLA and it showed abnormalities and that's how I got SSDI.

I've done too many things over the years to even recount here, some of them natural "alternative" and some of them conventional. 

Ii'm improved, but not ready to lose SDDI unless I can first start to generate some income. 

I have Not seen a doctor since the last time the 2011 date that they mention in the letter:

"Have you seen a doctor since 2011" 
Did he tell you you could go back to work, etc.

Medicines were not what helped me improve and I'm not on any now.

I did nothing with the first letter dated 6/7/13 and now I just got another one.

Do I need to go find a doctor who will work with me?  I still  have my Brain Spect diagnosis from the early 90's.

If I do nothing, how long do I have before they will make an appointment for me with one of their doctors?  Or what will they do?

What's my best course of action?

It also asked if I worked for someone or been self employed.  I tried some internet work on my own, but wasn't able to stick with it and didn't make any money.  But I'm afraid if I mention this, that alone could work against me.

I wonder how long I have before I could be back struggling with SSA to keep my benefits?

Thanks for any advice

tammymc
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »

I really do not want to sound rude but your post really upsets me and I sincerely hope I am reading it wrong and if I am I do apologize.
  According to you you have been on SSDi for several, several years for which I am assuming on medicare also, by your own admission have not been treated by Dr. or on meds since 2011, and that you are greatly improved. Again by your post you state you do not want to loose your benefits till you can generate income, and should you try to find a Dr. to help you with 20 plus year old medical records!!!
 I find this post very offensive as to the fact, most of us here would love, to have medicare to be treated by Dr's, not to mention to be able to get our meds..Most of us here have been fighting an uphill battle just to get approved for our benefits with years of medical evidence and scrimping just to pay them, not to mention not being able to afford the meds because of NOT being able to work.
 I cannot get past asking if your best recourse was to find a Dr. to work with you I find highly repulsive. Sounds like to me you have had a free ride for over 2 years and I for one hope it come to an end soon.
 Again I do apologize if I misunderstood what you wrote.

GlassRose
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 64

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »

If you are disabled and unable to work, you are eligible for ssdi benefits.  If you are able to perform substantial work, you are not eligible for ssdi. 

Course of action?  Utilize the ticket to work program to safely enter the work force.  That's what it's designed for.  It supports you as you go back to work, and protects your benefits in the event you are unsuccessful at your work attempts.

Here's more information:  http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10061.pdf

Good Luck! GR
Age at Application: 44
Disability: Autonomic Dysfunction from TBI including POTS / Syncope, NMH, Peripheral Neuropathy, Involuntary Movement and GI Dysmotility; Arrhythmias; Migraines; Major Joint Dysfunction Knee and Ankle, Three Lumbar Disk Hernias w Nerve Root Compression and Sciatica, MDD
Date Applied: Started it March 2012, finished it Sept 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/02/12 Denied
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 05/01/13 Denied
Date OTR requested: 05/03/13
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: 06/27/13 Review Initiated by ODAR, Approved with modified onset date
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 06/27/13
bigbabie55
SSDFacts Supporter
~ Platinum ~

People helped 71

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »

Feel free to insert comments into my text:

I went on SSDI many years ago for what was then called Organic Brain Syndrome.  I had a Brain Spect exam from UCLA and it showed abnormalities and that's how I got SSDI.

I've done too many things over the years to even recount here, some of them natural "alternative" and some of them conventional. 

Ii'm improved, but not ready to lose SDDI unless I can first start to generate some income. 

I have Not seen a doctor since the last time the 2011 date that they mention in the letter:

"Have you seen a doctor since 2011" 
Did he tell you you could go back to work, etc.

Medicines were not what helped me improve and I'm not on any now.

I did nothing with the first letter dated 6/7/13 and now I just got another one.

Do I need to go find a doctor who will work with me?  I still  have my Brain Spect diagnosis from the early 90's.

If I do nothing, how long do I have before they will make an appointment for me with one of their doctors?  Or what will they do?

What's my best course of action?

It also asked if I worked for someone or been self employed.  I tried some internet work on my own, but wasn't able to stick with it and didn't make any money.  But I'm afraid if I mention this, that alone could work against me.

I wonder how long I have before I could be back struggling with SSA to keep my benefits?

Thanks for any advice

I must admit that my first reaction after reading this post was  Other56   Surprise03 Confused24 but upon consideration I will concede that GR 's post was gracious , knowledgeable and informative.
If you are disabled and unable to work, you are eligible for ssdi benefits.  If you are able to perform substantial work, you are not eligible for ssdi. 

Course of action?  Utilize the ticket to work program to safely enter the work force.  That's what it's designed for.  It supports you as you go back to work, and protects your benefits in the event you are unsuccessful at your work attempts.

Here's more information:  http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10061.pdf

Good Luck! GR
  Forum13 Forum14

Blessings! heart
Bigbabie
Age at Application: 53/57 now
Disability: Multiple Sclerosis, Scoliosis, Carpal Tunnel Degenerative Disc
Date Applied: March 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: April 2011
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Michigan currently has no Reconsideration
Hearing Date: March 12 2012
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: March 12 2012 (Bench Approval)
Date Award Letter Received: April 4,2012
Date Back Pay Received: April 4,2012
Additional Info: Award Letter/Explanation of Benefits/Back Pay all received in the mail on the same day
Misses Me
~ Platinum ~

People helped 97

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »

I would suggest a visit with your doctor for a check up.   Because two years without a check up and not being on meds...  Well I really would love to hear your doctor say you have improved.

Then yes, as Glass Rose suggested, apply for the ticket to work program.  And definitely give working a try.

I have read numerous of posts from people that thought they could work, and make it one day.. or a week... or a month.. and are unable to do it.

With the ticket to work program, your ssdi is still waiting, if you can't.

If you drop your benefits entirely,  and you try working, and it doesn't work out, you might find that your work credits have long since expired and you are no longer eligible for ssdi.

Of all the things I miss
I miss my mind the most

Age at Application: 53
Disability: mental and physical
Date Applied: 6/2012
First Approval/Denial Date: denied 7/2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Approved 6/3/13 cleared QR 6/19/13, seemed like quality review took months.. very stressful
Date Award Letter Received: July 11, 2013
Date Back Pay Received: July 5, 2013 via paper check
jsm
~ Platinum ~

People helped 200

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »

If you continue to ignore the request for information (short version of a CDR) your case will eventually be ceased for failure to cooperate. Checks will stop.  SSA will have to divert employees from processing new claims (lots of the members here) to nagging you to complete forms and provide information that is necessary for your to prove that you are still eligible for benefits.

You sound afraid that you no longer meet the criteria and perhaps you are right. You have no proof that you currently (2013) have a severe impairment. You are not the same person that you were in the 1990's. Life goes on.

You may be able to keep your payments going for a while by dragging your feet and forcing SSA to jump through hoops to terminate you. Probably don't want to bring that up on this forum though.

If you have worked in self-employment, you are obligated to report it. If you were unable to work, you would not have been able to work. Of course returning to work is an issue. The only way you can prevent that from being an issue is to not return to work. It may not be substantial gainful activity, but without the details, no one can answer that.

I agree that the best course of action is to return to work if you are able to do so.
Best in the world
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »

I am enrolled in a workmplan with a state agency I am in grad school. Since I am in that plan I don't plan to be on benefits forever. Maybe you should look into ticket to work or working with a state agency.
Name: William
Disability: PDD form of autism. NF1 and learning disability
Date Applied: March 2006
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved Feb of 2011 Federal court awarded me benefits
Additional Info: Got a work CDR in Dec of 2012 came back Jan 17th 2013 everything was fine.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 162937
  • Total Topics: 15478
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 51
Total: 53

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc