Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 07:31:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Announcements from the Administrators
| |-+  Social Security News and Information
| | |-+  Government Shutdown & SSA shutdown policy
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Topic: Government Shutdown & SSA shutdown policy  (Read 10234 times)
patsy12
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 04:49:59 PM »

Im sorry,but you are worried about back pay, and I might not even get a court day with this shut down, ughhhhh walks away

patty
Name: patricia
Age at Application: 49 now 50 now 51
Disability: very high bp,diabetes,arthritis in all parts of my body,diabetic retinopathy ,sleep apena,cannot walk,sit,or stand to long, tremors ,can barely walk,etc..and just found out i got peripheral neuropathy..
Date Applied: 09/11/2012
First Approval/Denial Date: 01/31/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: appeal for reconsideration 02/05/2013--Denied 03/14/13
Date OTR requested: got a lawyer and is appealing 03/27/2013
Hearing Date: october 6th 2014
juliemama1
~ Gold ~

People helped 0

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 05:08:54 PM »

First off..I say this with all do respect: But I am not "worried" about my back pay. I only asked the question because I have never gotten this far in the six years of fighting for benefits. And I was asking if someone could shed some light on what I was told when i called my local office. A lot of others have been down the road I am currently on,and hearing from their experience helps. As for those who are freaking out about hearings and other things...Keep your head up. You've made it this far!!!! Whatever someone throws at you,keep going. I will pray for you all.
Name: Julie
Age at Application: 25
Disability: Bipolr 2,PTSD,Anxitey,depression,panic attacks, degenerated disk diease.
Date Applied: April 27 2007
First Approval/Denial Date: October 27th 2008 denial
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: September 20th 2012 won federal case for remanded.
Hearing Date: July 1st 2013
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: August 23rd 2013 Approval.
Date Award Letter Received: August 28th 2013
Date Back Pay Received: awaiting
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Awaiting.
jsm
~ Platinum ~

People helped 184

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

So I called my local office and was told my back pay is with someone there..but could not tell me when I would receive my first installment of back pay. Does anyone hae any info as to what exactly this means?

I think it means exactly what you were told. The first installment has not yet been paid so there is no date to give you.
C00kie
~ Titanium ~

People helped 24

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

This info was on SSA.gov if anyone needs the additional info.

Important Information About the Federal Government Shutdown

In the event of a Federal Government Shutdown October 1st, Social Security field offices will remain open with limited services. Hearings offices will remain open to conduct hearings before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). Social Security card centers will be closed.

Social Security and Supplemental Security Income payments to beneficiaries will continue with no change in payment dates.

Due to Congressional inaction to prevent a Government shutdown, we will only provide the following services at Social Security field offices:

Help you apply for benefits
Assist you in requesting an appeal
Change your address or direct deposit information
Accept reports of death
Verify or change your citizenship status
Replace a lost or missing Social Security payment
Issue a critical payment
Change a representative payee
Process a change in your living arrangement or income (SSI recipients only)
We cannot provide the following services:

Issue new or replacement Social Security cards
Replace your Medicare card
Issue a proof of income letter
If your visit involves any Social Security-related service not listed above, we regret we are unable to assist you. We regret any inconvenience. Our Online Services will remain open.

Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you.
Age at Application: 48
Disability: Medical
Date Applied: 05/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved on intial application 07/2013 / no rep , no lawyer just my sweet doctors blessing!
Date Award Letter Received: 8 / 2013
Date Back Pay Received: 8 / 2013
Additional Info: Once claim was off DDS claims examiner desk it was picked up for Quality Review where it remained three weeks.
disaster
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 11:23:13 PM »

Patricia and Julie, We are all stressed and with reason to worry.  Patricia you will have your day in court but the decision will be delayed.  Julie unfortunately, your back pay may also be delayed.  Someone posted earlier on the history of the shutdown.  The time period was usually resolved in a short time.  This is a tactical movement from our dear politicians  and our wonderful president.  Take a deep breath  and hold on.  Hopefully, this is a short ride with a favorable  outcome.  If you think you have it rough  what about those who will out of any paycheck while this goes on.  Julie you will still get your monthly check and Patricia you will have your day in court.  For this be grateful and please don't stress out and attack each other.  We are here to support each other and we are all affected in one way or another.
HamBone
~ Platinum ~

People helped 61

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

If you think you have it rough  what about those who will out of any paycheck while this goes on. 

While I do understand your reasoning for this statement, this is really not a good place to express it (in my opinion).

Even though those of us that have been approved will be receiving our benefits, we have (in many cases) gone for months or years without a 'check' just to get to this point in our lives where we have to find a way to survive on meager fare. I really don't have a lot of sympathy for those that will go without pay for a few days because of the situation.

I don't mean to come across as uncaring, but it is what it is.

Cheers!

- Phil -
disaster
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:27 PM »

My apologies if my statement offended you.  My wife is on your list.  She is affected as well has a hearing coming up in two weeks after years of waiting.  We  are all affected.  But I did not mean to cause you undue stress.  I only wanted us not to attack each other because we are all worried.  I only wanted to keep our family here from turning on each other because we all need each other.  Our experiences and knowledge are shared as well as our struggles.  Again my apology if I made you feel I took this struggle lightly.   
clairefran
~ Titanium ~

People helped 7

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »

ODAR  WILL continue to hear and decide cases.  There is a misstatement in an earlier post that ODAR will discontinue Hearings. 

ODAR will discontinue writing decisions among many other things, but Hearings will continue.

Continued ODAR Activities
 Hearing cases
 Deciding cases

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it is all about?
Name: Claire
Age at Application: 58 - Now 60
Disability: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, High Blood pressure, depression, chronic fatigue, fybromialgia, retinal defect,CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDER, UNDIFFERENTIATED, ARTHRALGIA OF MULTIPLE JOINTS
Date Applied: 01/12
First Approval/Denial Date: DENIED 8/20/12
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: DENIAL 3/25/2013
Date Hearing Notice Received: August 11, 2013
Hearing Date: October 7, 2013
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: October 25, 2013
Date Award Letter Received: November 6, 2013
Date Back Pay Received: November 7, 2013
HamBone
~ Platinum ~

People helped 61

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »

I was not offended by any means, however there are those here that are really running on a short fuse right now due to recent claim denials. As I said, I do understand your reasoning.

Cheers!

- Phil -
johnwilliams112
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 04:33:12 PM »

we world still get our beniefts regardless what happen im thinking this is the last check im getting for awhile
Name: john
Age at Application: 20
Disability: scitzophernia/anxiety disorder/ocd
Date Applied: 2006
First Approval/Denial Date: approved 2006
juliemama1
~ Gold ~

People helped 0

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »

I am not offended in any way. And I do not want to come off cross to anyone. I only try to ask questions in general to see if anyone who has been in my shoes can shed light on the matters. I love getting peoples advice as well as reading comments. It keeps us all sane and feel like we can still win the fight for our benefits. And to those still waiting, keep your heads up. Keep on fighting for your benefits. I am on here once a day if you ever want to talk,or vent about going through all of this. I have been there and if any of my advice is useful to anyone I am glad. And to those who have helped me...thank you a 100 times.
Name: Julie
Age at Application: 25
Disability: Bipolr 2,PTSD,Anxitey,depression,panic attacks, degenerated disk diease.
Date Applied: April 27 2007
First Approval/Denial Date: October 27th 2008 denial
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: September 20th 2012 won federal case for remanded.
Hearing Date: July 1st 2013
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: August 23rd 2013 Approval.
Date Award Letter Received: August 28th 2013
Date Back Pay Received: awaiting
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Awaiting.
dbaker
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

college girl

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 12:50:21 AM »

Field office personnel are considered essential. ODAR personnel not. Checks will go out.

it all depends on just how many people are left to work on sending the checks out...

it could be a delay (i get direct deposit and my check has not been sent to my bank for deposit yet...and today's the 2nd and i usually get paid on the 3rd!!) Main08 Main08

Name: dawn
Disability: schizophrenia
Date Applied: april 1981
First Approval/Denial Date: denied in 1981 i believe in november
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: november 1981 denied in jan of 1982
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved in april 1982
Date Award Letter Received: june 1982
Date Back Pay Received: june 1982
HamBone
~ Platinum ~

People helped 61

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »

Field office personnel are considered essential. ODAR personnel not. Checks will go out.

it all depends on just how many people are left to work on sending the checks out...

it could be a delay (i get direct deposit and my check has not been sent to my bank for deposit yet...and today's the 2nd and i usually get paid on the 3rd!!) Main08 Main08

If you get paid on the third, then it will not be sent until the third. Why would you expect to see it on the second??
dbaker
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

college girl

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 01:02:57 AM »

If you get paid on the third, then it will not be sent until the third. Why would you expect to see it on the second??

my bank usually gets it 2 days before it is deposited into my account.  i called the bank and found out that as of today (oct. 2) it has not arrived in the system yet.

just wondering what the holdup is....
Name: dawn
Disability: schizophrenia
Date Applied: april 1981
First Approval/Denial Date: denied in 1981 i believe in november
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: november 1981 denied in jan of 1982
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved in april 1982
Date Award Letter Received: june 1982
Date Back Pay Received: june 1982
blackriverbassbaritone
~ Platinum ~

People helped 15

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 01:04:37 AM »

Oh well. I guess I will be stuck on step 5 until they cease their terminal cases of assphasia in D.C.
Name: Philip
Age at Application: 58 / 59 now
Disability: heart attack, coronary artery disease, sensory stroke, knee damage, hypertension, high cholesterol, insomnia, depression, bone spurs in heels, arthritis in both hands
Date Applied: May, 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 10/11/2013
Date Award Letter Received: 11/2013
Date Back Pay Received: All back pay received 11/2013
Additional Info: Applied without using an attorney or an advocate
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 157087
  • Total Topics: 14799
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc