Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2014, 02:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  The Winners Circle
| | |-+  Payment Processing Center
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Topic: Payment Processing Center  (Read 13695 times)
msquita79
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

I was just curious because I had my hearing the 19th of January but was given a two week extension because a important medical record of mine wasn't in yet so my lawyer received and submitted that record like the 11th and I received a call from my attorney the 23rd of February that I had a fully favorable decision. I got the letter in the mail the 24th. I have yet to receive anything else but I went to the local office to update info and they said my cases was at the Baltimore Payment Processing Center. What do you think?

Msquita
Name: Chicquita
Age at Application: 28
Disability: severe depression,anxiety with panic attacks, agoraphobia,seizures,and asthma
Date Applied: July 3, 2007
First Approval/Denial Date: December 2007
Hearing Date: January 19, 2011
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: February 16, 2011
Additional Info: Approval letter received February 24
SSDAdmin
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 339

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »

Hi,
     Sounds like an approval.  If they said it was in the payment processing center, then they are working on getting your payment to you.  If you set up direct deposit, check your account daily.  It just tends to show up. 
      I would not worry, you have had your hearing, submitted the files needed, got your approval and now they are processing your payment.  All is good.
Marci

I speak from experience not expertise.
Name: Marci
Age at Application: 35
Disability: Arthritis, Degenerative Disc, Migraines, Foot Injury
Date Applied: September 2005
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 2006
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied October 2006
Date Hearing Notice Received: October 2008 two weeks before hearing
Hearing Date: October 2008
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Letter Received December 2008
Date Award Letter Received: January 2009
Date Back Pay Received: February 2009
Additional Info: Approved at hearing, no Attorney
Dragon Fly
Glitter Queen SSDFacts Doughnator
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

Mood Swing Goddess of the West Tinfoil Crinkle

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:20:05 AM »

Thank you for posting this question!! I knew Marci would have an answer. Smiley It sounds like you are headed towards the positive end of this finish line. Please keep up posted of what happens next!!
>;<
Dragon Fly

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche
Name: >;<
Age at Application: 37
Disability: Complex PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder
Date Applied: October 8, 2010
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved verbally March 15th, 2011. Approval letter dated April 5, 2011
Additional Info: 2 weeks in QR, Received backpay April 4th, 2011
Christine
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 3

Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:34:09 AM »

YAY!! sounds like a approval for sure!! Keep your eye on your bank account and we are wishing the best for you!!

"Failure isn't in Falling down, but in staying down"
Name: C
Age at Application: 37 filed, 39 approved
Disability: 3 back surgeries,spinal stenosis, DDD,Cervial Dystonia,Tarlov Cyst Disease,Neuuropathy, due to the Tarlov Cyst Disease, early MS, Chronic Pain
Date Applied: Sept 2008/onset date 10/20/06
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied Nov 2008..sent reconsideration in immediately.
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied April 09..asked for hearing April 24, 09 retained attorney.
Date Hearing Notice Received: December 2011
Hearing Date: January 11, 2011..Approved OTR right before hearing.Never saw judge
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: January 11,2011.Approved OTR..Approval notice 1/22/2011
Date Back Pay Received: Feb.2011
Date Dependent Benefits Received: March and May 2011
Additional Info: Took exactly 21 months to get my hearing date.Backpay in 20days!!
sandyb
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »

Same problem here when I call SSA....always told it's at the payment center in Baltimore, Maryland. It has been there since April 5,2011 and my Fully Favorable ALJ Bench Decision was on March 25, 2011.

I have not received my backpay or monthly payment....have not received one cent and have not receive my Award letter.

I will be contacting my Ohio Senator after the 60th day of waiting which will be on May 25th 2011.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my money?

I feel like my case is stalled at the payment center and my attorney has not been paid either.

Everyday I look in my checking account only to be disappointed not seeing my ssdi money.
prince1969
~ Platinum ~

People helped 3

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:30 AM »

There is really no rhyme or reason when it comes to backpay but you had to go to a hearing and your case was approved, sometimes those judges don't get the cases wrote up for months and that holds up the process. People that get approve before then seem to get theirs faster.
sandyb
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:58 AM »

There is really no rhyme or reason when it comes to backpay but you had to go to a hearing and your case was approved, sometimes those judges don't get the cases wrote up for months and that holds up the process. People that get approve before then seem to get theirs faster.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I did receive the ALJ written decision in the mail dated March 25 2011 same day as my hearing.
McNana99
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 0

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »

msquita79 and sandyb,
Did either of you apply for SSI in addition to your SSDI?
I was under the impression that they get your SSI payments to you pretty quickly, if you had qualified for that while you were in this process.
Our state senator DID work with the Baltimore office, in my husband's case, and get the back pay released fairly quickly.
...gotta go. Endeavor is launching and I am in a position to see it maybe.... Cheesy

"...I hope you dance..."
Name: ***
Age at Application: 58 then, 60 now
Disability: COPD; Degenerative Disc Disease; Arthritis; Depression
Date Applied: 6/8/2010 (my credits ran out in 3/2008!)
First Approval/Denial Date: 7/9/2010 (denial)
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 8/16/2010(denial)
Hearing Date: January 9th, 2012(or so I was told by phone) 12/12/2011-I was notified by mail that this is a video hearing. My rep. says "NO"...Update-12/30/2011 -Date will stay the same. Jan 9th,2012
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Approved Jan. 29th, 2012, but my back pay showed up in the bank around 18 days after my hearing!
Additional Info: Case transferred to VSU on 4/11/2011, and put back in line for a hearing 4/25/2011. As of Nov.10, 2011 my State Senator is involved.
sandyb
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »

msquita79 and sandyb,
Did either of you apply for SSI in addition to your SSDI?
I was under the impression that they get your SSI payments to you pretty quickly, if you had qualified for that while you were in this process.
Our state senator DID work with the Baltimore office, in my husband's case, and get the back pay released fairly quickly.
...gotta go. Endeavor is launching and I am in a position to see it maybe.... Cheesy

No, I did not apply for SSI.....only SSDI. You would think since I only applied for SSDI that they would process quickly...but in my case they are dragging their feet. My SSDI backpay is going to be large as I think they will pay me back to 2004, as the ALJ amended my onset date to 2004.
SSDAdmin
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 339

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »

Sandy,
      Welcome to the site.  My backpay took 60 days from my bench decision and 30 days from my decision letter.  If you do not get it, your senator is your best bet.  They must answer to them and give them specific information that others cannot get.  I would also suggest you have your attorney call the payment processing number as only attorneys and authorized reps are allowed to call for information.  Here is that number:  http://www.ssa.gov/representation/pct_contact_info.htm
     The other thing you mentioned about onset date may not be what you think.  What is the date of your initial application?  The reason I ask is even if the Judge modified your onset date to 2004, they will only pay you for a year prior to the date of your application.  The only exception to that is if you had a prior application from that time period.  I would clear this up with your attorney so you have a clear understanding of what to expect.  You should get an award letter that will spell this all out but that is often received after the back pay so it may not help in this case.  Please let us know what you find out.
Marci

I speak from experience not expertise.
Name: Marci
Age at Application: 35
Disability: Arthritis, Degenerative Disc, Migraines, Foot Injury
Date Applied: September 2005
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 2006
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied October 2006
Date Hearing Notice Received: October 2008 two weeks before hearing
Hearing Date: October 2008
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Letter Received December 2008
Date Award Letter Received: January 2009
Date Back Pay Received: February 2009
Additional Info: Approved at hearing, no Attorney
Dragon Fly
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »

Welcome to the site, Sandy!! Congrats on your approval yet I am sorry you areonce again in the wait game!!!!

I hope you get your backpay without having to escalate it. Crossing all fingers that you hear something before the 25th!!!

>;<
Dragon Fly

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved verbally March 15th, 2011. Approval letter dated April 5, 2011
sandyb
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 01:31:41 AM »

Thank you Marci for welcoming here. Nice to meet all you nice people and we do have lots in common with SSA problems. Glad to be here.

It seems I filed three different times prior to 2004 and maybe on 2004...I have been so sick since then that I can't remember the exact dates and times. This time though I had filed back in 2009. I am hoping they received and used my SSA file from another state, Texas...I am in Ohio right now.

Thanks for the SSA number for attorneys to call. I will copy it and see if my attorney will call it.

I called the national SSA toll free number today and they tell me it's still at the payment center and to give it until June 4th. If I haven't received it by then they say they will send a memo off to the payment center. I think by then I will get my Senator involved. I don't want to do too much because that might slow the process down. I know I mentioned earlier that I was going to get my Senator involved by May 25th but I think I will wait on that until June 4th. 
sandyb
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »

Welcome to the site, Sandy!! Congrats on your approval yet I am sorry you areonce again in the wait game!!!!

I hope you get your backpay without having to escalate it. Crossing all fingers that you hear something before the 25th!!!

>;<
Dragon Fly

Thanks for welcoming me here Dragonfly....nice to meet you too. Hope I get my backpay and monthly payment soon too.
Dragon Fly
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »

Ok so the "drop dead date" is now June 4th....but we are still hoping for sooner!!

Keep us posted. Smiley
>;<
Dragon Fly

Fused_Abused-Amused
~ Platinum ~

People helped 3

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 04:28:26 PM »

Sandy
 Welcome to the site and conrats on the approval, even though your back pay is testing your patience. I would just like to add that getting your Senator involved WILL NOT slow things down in any way.
Fused
Age at Application: 42 APPROVED 47
Disability: 4 level spinal fusion T-9 - L-2, DDD Lumbar, Radiculopathy left leg/foot, Absent Deep Tendon Reflex in both lower extremites, onset RSD left knee/ankle, C-spine bulging disk C-5 - C-7, T-spine bulging disk T-7 - T-9
Date Applied: June-20-2006
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied Sept-18-2006
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied Dec-10-2006
Hearing Date: August-1-2008
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied Jan-30-2009 Apr-29-2010, ALJ hearing set for Mar-16-2011 APPROVED AT HEARING
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 7852
  • Latest: LPrior
Stats
  • Total Posts: 160819
  • Total Topics: 15189
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc