Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2017, 06:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  First Payment, Back Pay and Beyond
| | |-+  How long will it take to get my back pay
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: How long will it take to get my back pay  (Read 11607 times)
gotenks1982
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

My claim was finalized on 3/11 and cent to the payment center in Baltimore on 3/12/15. Myssa account updated yesterday morning with all my info including payment amount and next payment date also gave me a date of 3/23/15 as a "one time payment" day which is my back pay. So, if that date is correct then I will have been sent to the payment center and have back pay within 11 days..
Name: Wayne
Age at Application: 27 and 30
Disability: Schizophrenia, Psychosis, OCD, Dillusional Disorder, Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features, Agrophobia, Social Anxiety, Health Anxiety
Date Applied: 1/2011 and 3/2014
First Approval/Denial Date: 3/2011(Denial) and 6/2014 (Denial)
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 6/2011 (Denial) and 1/2015 (Approved)
Date Award Letter Received: still waiting
Date Back Pay Received: Released on March 23. Received paper check 3/25.
Additional Info: On 1/25/15 it was nabbed up by quality control and on 3/3/15 it was back to local ssa for final processing and was sent to payment center 3/12/15. Myssa updated on 3/21/2015 with monthly date, amounts, and one time payment amount and date (3/23/2015) Very quick processing. Established Onset Date 6/28/2011 Date of Entitlement 12/28/2011
madmike
~ Silver ~

People helped 13

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »

My claim was finalized on 3/11 and cent to the payment center in Baltimore on 3/12/15. Myssa account updated yesterday morning with all my info including payment amount and next payment date also gave me a date of 3/23/15 as a "one time payment" day which is my back pay. So, if that date is correct then I will have been sent to the payment center and have back pay within 11 days..

They list the one time payment as 3/23/15.  This means this is when they have issued the backpay.  If  you have direct deposit if will likely be in there on 3/24 or 3/25 and if they are mailing a check then it will likely take at most 7 business days so before 3/31 and likely much sooner..
winnafred
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 01:55:31 PM »

I received 2 letters 1 saying monthly payments will start April 3. 2 saying amount of back pay. I called 800# and was told money was waiting to be disbursed. What does that mean and how long will that take?
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 583

Nice Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »

winnafred, usually you receive your backpay after you begin to receive your monthly benefits, but there are exceptions. There is really no way of knowing how long it will take. If the amount of backpay is a large amount, it can take a while because more people have to sign of on it.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
Sjcme
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »

Hi I talk to Social Security today and found out that my back pay was at the payment center and was wondering what if any timeframe someone could help me With? I am getting my first payment on October 28th I am getting SSDI only if that's good news. I of course, like everyone else really really need the money. I need to be out of my apartment by November 21st and need that money to move.
Jmiron25
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »

I am in the same boat as you,I won full favorable Aug 4th and it will be two months Sunday and I have not received a thing other than on myssd account it says I will get a monthly payment.. The amount shown for the monthly is way less than what I received almost ten yrs ago but I am glad to get anything... I can tell you this that it does you more harm than good to call them and ask for any news they are so back logged that your file gets pushed to the side if you keep calling... I have had no income in a few yrs and I can relate to how hard it is with not even having in change to buy milk.. Hang in there and it will soon be over and then we can MOVE FORWARD
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Four titanium cages s1/l5 and L4/L5 bad knee replacement
Date Applied: March 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied summer 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied spring 2013
Date OTR requested: Denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: Denied summer 2013
Date Hearing Notice Received: august 2014
Hearing Date: First hearing denied September 2014
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Two days before second hearing full favarable August 4 th 2015
Date Award Letter Received: October 14 2015
Date Back Pay Received: October 8 2015
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Not yet
Additional Info: It takes no less than 2 months receive any money
Emminence Front
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 08:16:32 PM »

I was officially awarded ssdi on May 20, 2015. I have not yet received my letter concerning my back pay. In September, I was told that my back pay claim was in the processing center, but it did not show a release date. I was also told that I should receive my letter concerning the amount of back pay within a few days of my phone call.

Well, it has now been a month since the phone call, and I have yet to receive the letter or the back pay. How long does it take for these folks to process it at the processing center? I first started all of this 4 and a half years ago. I have lived like a second rate citizen for a long time now. It's a very humiliating and exhausting process.
newdawn
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 75

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »

I was officially awarded ssdi on May 20, 2015. I have not yet received my letter concerning my back pay. In September, I was told that my back pay claim was in the processing center, but it did not show a release date. I was also told that I should receive my letter concerning the amount of back pay within a few days of my phone call.

Well, it has now been a month since the phone call, and I have yet to receive the letter or the back pay. How long does it take for these folks to process it at the processing center? I first started all of this 4 and a half years ago. I have lived like a second rate citizen for a long time now. It's a very humiliating and exhausting process.

If you haven't already, I would contact your local/state congressperson and see if they can look into what the hold up is on your backpay. From what I read in your post, it's been over 5 months since you received your approval letter.
Name: Dawn
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 11/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 03/2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 11/2014
Hearing Date: 11/13/2015 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 01/15/2016 Fully Favorable (rec'd 01/21)
Date Award Letter Received: 02/17/2016 (rec'd 02/20)
Date Back Pay Received: 02/13/2016 (paper check)
Additional Info: 02/09/16 mySSA account updated with approval info. 02/22 rec'd medicare card in mail. Hired lawyer after reconsideration denial. Requested an in-person hearing.
virgnnat
~ Copper ~

People helped 3

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »

Award letter was August 3rd, 2015, first SSDI check was 4th Wed of Sept.  Have received for Oct and Nov and still no back pay.  I contacted Oklahoma congressman and they have submitted requests to see what the hold up is and they have not even had a response.  Our attorney has not yet been paid either.  Slow damn process....grrrrrr
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 214

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »

Issues like WC offsets will delay the process.  Large amounts of backpay need 2 or 3 signatures.  Many employees take vacation time at the holidays.
Emminence Front
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 11:10:59 PM »

I've been waiting since May 20. Every time I call I get a little more details which I think are excuses they read from a piece of paper of instructions. My last call in mid November, I was told it landed in the payment center at beginning of November. I was told the same thing in September, so they don't agree on when it hit the payment center. I was told about the multiple signatures. That should take about 10 seconds per signature. My attorney was paid days after I was awarded benefits. He was paid as much as I have received thus far. My last call, I was basically asked how I was getting along financially. I didn't want to reveal many details because I feel it is none of their business. I just said that I was surviving. She is sitting there with my records right in front of her. I was out of work for 4 straight years without an income for crying out loud. At lot of things got neglected. Must I beg them to send my money? I thought waiting for the damn hearing was a long drawn out and stress inducing process, but nothing compared to this wait.
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 185

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »

I've been waiting since May 20. Every time I call I get a little more details which I think are excuses they read from a piece of paper of instructions. My last call in mid November, I was told it landed in the payment center at beginning of November. I was told the same thing in September, so they don't agree on when it hit the payment center. I was told about the multiple signatures. That should take about 10 seconds per signature. My attorney was paid days after I was awarded benefits. He was paid as much as I have received thus far. My last call, I was basically asked how I was getting along financially. I didn't want to reveal many details because I feel it is none of their business. I just said that I was surviving. She is sitting there with my records right in front of her. I was out of work for 4 straight years without an income for crying out loud. At lot of things got neglected. Must I beg them to send my money? I thought waiting for the damn hearing was a long drawn out and stress inducing process, but nothing compared to this wait.

She was not asking how you were doing financially to be curious or get into your personal business.  She was trying to determine if you said anything that would qualify for a dire need request (like about to be evicted or utilities shut off or unable to get food).
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 214

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 07:38:09 AM »

And requiring multiple signatures is more involved than taking 10 seconds. 

It took me an abnormally long time to get paid my backpay, and even after I had the intervention of senior staff, it still took 2 or 3 weeks. 
mobiledoc66
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

"All I've Loved, I've Loved Alone"

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2017, 05:48:09 PM »

Hi, um in the same boat! After receiving my approval letter and first 2 months of monthly benefits, i was told i would receive my backpay in 60 days, then 45 days then ANOTHER 45 DAYS, which im 3 days past now NOT counting all the holidays and am listening to the beautiful hold music now waiting to speak to someone at payment ctr expectung to hear another 45 day wait! I never get any info, no questions as to how im doing financially, which as of now, i have no way to cook food as my stove has gine out and cars on the death list. Im at tge end of my rope and the rope has been lit on fire at the bottom!! All together ive waited since August. Senator has questioned but no answer, lol.. anyway, ive vented, thx for listening and good luck to you guys!!👍👍
Name: Mobiledoc66
Age at Application: 48
Disability: Chronic Meningitis, Seizures, Personality Disorder secondary to Encephalitis, Chronic Ptsd/Military Combatant, Chronic Bilateral Pulmonary/Right int-ext Jugular Embolism S, Chronic use of Anticoagulants, Bilateral Internal Hemorrhagic Renal Cysts, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, DJD of Bilateral Knees, Shoulders, Ankles and Elbows.., 2nd Degree Spondylosis, Glaucoma, 60%Hearing loss due to Jugular Embolism, Loss of Taste, Smell, Neuroscience Deficits, Memory Impairment, and Distal Neuropathy and weaknesses on right side due to mild stroke. I can continue but I wont
Date Applied: Oct 2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Oct 2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Oct 2014- Denied
Date OTR requested: Oct 2014
Date Hearing Notice Received: Aug 2016
Hearing Date: Oct 8th, 2016-Bench Decision-Fully Favorable
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: On or about Sep 23, 2016- Fully Favorable
Date Award Letter Received: Pending
Date Back Pay Received: REALLY PENDING, LOL
Date Dependent Benefits Received: N/A
Additional Info: Start of timeline may be slightly off but the court dates and ALJ letter dates are correct
CFH
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:29 PM »

are you still waiting for backpay, my dates and yours about same
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 9330
  • Latest: Mandrew
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197292
  • Total Topics: 19271
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc