Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 04:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Helpful SSDI and SSI Topics
| |-+  Disability Files and Topics
| | |-+  Online Status shows: Proof of Number Holder Name Change?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Online Status shows: Proof of Number Holder Name Change?  (Read 4700 times)
AJSAMQ
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

The following statements are informational only. They are current as of today. You will receive the official notice of any decision made on your claim by U.S. mail.
As of today's date, a decision has not been made on your application. We requested that you send the following documents to the office that is processing your application:
Proof of Number Holder Name Change. We requested this document on 04/07/2011.
Your application is being processed. You may bring or mail your original documents to your local Social Security Office.

What does this mean? I filed an appeal for reconsideration after being denied and can now access my online status; however, they said that they requested this document today and it is probably in the mail right now. I guess i can wait for it to come in the mail to find out but was wanting to know what to expect. I called social security today through the toll-free number and surprisingly waited a very short time. However, their employees were the rudest I have ever seen to date. What's with today? In any event, has anyone ever had this happen to them, searched online and came up with nothing. I never changed my name and I don't think I accidentally marked something through the online filing for reconsideration. Sigh.

In any event, what it sounds like is that they think my name has changed when it hasn't. How odd. What do you think about it?

Going through all this hell and trouble for a disability that they won't verify as needing of their support is quite saddening. I almost wish I never filed the reconsideration or there was a way to forgo it and take my chances that a miracle will happen. Sigh. They make you feel like a criminal. Anyways, enough of the babbling.

If you have any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:04:33 PM by AJSAMQ »
Dragon Fly
Glitter Queen SSDFacts Doughnator
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

Mood Swing Goddess of the West Tinfoil Crinkle

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »

Hi AJSAMQ,

Do you have a local rep at the SSA that you can contact instead of the 800#? When I first filed, I walked my stuff in there and got the name, number and extension of the human being who actually took my paper work. That has proven to be invaluable as I can not stand calling the 800#. In any event, when I first applied (which I did online BTW, then went in with back up papers the next day) there was some weird thing just like that on my online status. It was there forever...and I asked the rep what it meant and she just said ignore it.

So, I hope it means nothing for you as well. But if need be, walk in to your local SSA office and ask someone eyeball to eyeball. We can't take the chance of you missing your reconsideration window over some technicality!!

Let us know what happens...
>;<
Dragon Fly

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche
Name: >;<
Age at Application: 37
Disability: Complex PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder
Date Applied: October 8, 2010
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved verbally March 15th, 2011. Approval letter dated April 5, 2011
Additional Info: 2 weeks in QR, Received backpay April 4th, 2011
AJSAMQ
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:19:29 PM »

For me, I can't simply walk in and talk with my case worker because it is too far to walk to. Also, just my luck, in front of the social security building there is construction being done on the road for a couple miles- so bus access is a no too. I would of called them today but they were closed so early- 4 pm.

I hate the 1-800 number as well, I sometimes wonder how they hired their workers- it is almost a pointless number to call I have recently discovered. In any event, I might just wait until tomorrow for a call or for the mail to arrive, if there is any. To be honest, I am really regretting doing the reconsideration. Even though, I did it because they didn't even obtain all my worker comp medical documentation and I can't do any work. But besides all that, I felt relief that a decision was made and I can finally try something else. Relief that it was over, even if the result wasn't what I hoped for or needed. But I couldn't accept a decision that wasn't even based on all my medical data and what I know I cant do. I can't go another 4 or 5 months without any income and think of myself as a man. Without worrying about being homeless or in a home I hated. Social security really makes you feel like a criminal like worker comp (which took me 5 years to get little in the end). Now I have to go through this process, while my life goes on by. Sometimes, I think I prefer my body slowly deteriorating while I try to work, at least I am doing something that I am in control of. Sometimes I think about why I even reconsidered the decision. Perhaps, my life would be better if I just said forget it to the whole government help.

Kinda went on a ramble again. Regardless, thanks for the information. It probably is nothing. I checked the status on my claim and I have two buttons now- one for the old one which says no information, and one for the reconsideration which states nonsense, how funny. lol. I never talked with my case worker because she never knew anything to begin with. Talked through the 800 number, DDS number...but, almost never the local branch. The people that work their aren't the best people to ask about anything.

Thanks, take care,

P.S. Ironically the work they claim I can do (sales associate- which I had to quit, anyways) was a job that lasted 5 months that I got because I needed income to survive. Little did I know, that trying to work at a job I should of never did, would result in the only job they claim I can do. lol.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:25:37 PM by AJSAMQ »
Dragon Fly
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »

I must be forgetting some of your story...why are you regretting filing for the reconsideration? Are you planning on taking this process the whole way to an ALJ if that reconsideration gets denied?

I guess I am confused about whether you can or can't work...it will send a red flag to the SSA if you work, as you've learned. It is a crappy  situation all around. Damned if you do or if you don't. But I do wish you the best in whatever you decide.

>;<
Dragon Fly

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved verbally March 15th, 2011. Approval letter dated April 5, 2011
AJSAMQ
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »

It's alright if you don't understand. I can't work and I didn't work while applying for benefits. It doesn't matter, I was just rambling. Take care-
Dragon Fly
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 21

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:50:52 PM »

Hopefully your reconsideration will be assigned to a responsive and DDS examiner who can help answer specific information about what was and wasn't used in considering your case. I suspect that those form letters are just some old DOS format thing that someone types pieces of info in and the rest is scripted. It would be helpful to know exactly what files they do and do not have, so that you can at least request and submit whatever they don't have. It helps to be your own advocate. In fact it is imperative.

Can you remind us what the particulars of your case are? What are your disabilities?? Your age? That might help answer your questions a little better.
>;<

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:31:53 AM by Dragon Fly »
SSDAdmin
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 342

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »

AJSAMQ,
     The letter you receive will have contact information for your case worker.  There has been a mistake made and you can call them and clear it up.  this form is used for legal name changes, marriages, reversions to maiden name, etc.  None of which seem to apply to you.
Marci

I speak from experience not expertise.
Name: Marci
Age at Application: 35
Disability: Arthritis, Degenerative Disc, Migraines, Foot Injury
Date Applied: September 2005
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 2006
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied October 2006
Date Hearing Notice Received: October 2008 two weeks before hearing
Hearing Date: October 2008
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Letter Received December 2008
Date Award Letter Received: January 2009
Date Back Pay Received: February 2009
Additional Info: Approved at hearing, no Attorney
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 7757
  • Latest: Carolee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 162636
  • Total Topics: 15441
  • Online Today: 123
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc