Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Financial Assistance Prescription Drugs, Health Care, Housing and More
| |-+  Prescription Drug Assistance Programs offered by Pharmaceutical Companies
| | |-+  presciptions
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: presciptions  (Read 12300 times)
lisalisa
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: June 06, 2015, 06:04:59 AM »

hi I am new to this site and I love it. thanx for all the information.  On june first 2015 I guess my Medicaid kicked in. I was on masshealth standard. I see a couple different doctors and I am on a couple medications one which is suboxone.. the pharmacy says that they cant fill them because I don't have a plan. mass health says I am still covered , why cant they pay?
 Main02
Different Perspective
~ Platinum ~

People helped 534

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »

the pharmacy says that they cant fill [my prescriptions] because I don't have a plan...

Did you ask the pharmacy which plan they tried to access?

mass health says I am still covered , why cant they pay?

Did you ask MassHealth why they can't pay?

Did you ask Medicare why they cannot pay?
Additional Info: My Different Perspective comes from a lifetime of being near, working with and for those with disabilities, working for the Easter Seal Society, working for the Disability Determination Services (20+ years) and working as a case assistant to an attorney who, until he retired, worked on SSA disability cases exclusively and have attended approximately 185 Hearings. I have great empathy for the truly disabled and greater antipathy for those who try to game or scam the system. With my background, I quickly make distinctions between the two. I am ready to admit my error as soon as the evidence proves me wrong. Any posts I make are based on my experience, memory and current research. Anything, particularly opinions, I post should be verified by someone who has access to the entire case record and not just selected shorts offered by those seeking information, preferably by a competent attorney or non-attorney representative who thoroughly understands SSA law.
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 204

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »

Based upon your earlier post and that you were approved for SSDI, are you now on Medicare or did you truly mean Medicaid?  You would need to pick a Part D plan for Medicare and pay for it.  Some Advantage plans also include drug plans as well.  

Part A is to cover hospitalization. = usually no cost.
Part B is health insurance. = $104 per month. (this is optional, mine is $104)
Part D is drug plans. = $10-100+ per month.  (mine is $90 per month.)
Advantage plans can include B & D. = no cost-varies.  
Supplements cover the cost of copays. = varies (mine is $280 per month but I have a very good plan)

As you can see my total cost for insurance is almost $500 per month.  

Depending on your total income, there are some state programs that can subsidize some of the costs or even offer Medicaid.

It's possible your approval makes you ineligible for your old plan and until you clear up the WC confusion, you won't have the income to pay for new coverage.

hi I am new to this site and I love it. thanx for all the information.  On june first 2015 I guess my Medicaid kicked in. I was on masshealth standard. I see a couple different doctors and I am on a couple medications one which is suboxone.. the pharmacy says that they cant fill them because I don't have a plan. mass health says I am still covered , why cant they pay?
 Main02

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:35:10 AM by Lit Love »
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 8959
  • Latest: Arshyou
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195557
  • Total Topics: 19045
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 44
Total: 48

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc