Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 02:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Helpful SSDI and SSI Topics
| |-+  General Disability Discussion
| | |-+  What attracts you to the forum SSD Facts.
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: What attracts you to the forum SSD Facts.  (Read 1156 times)
joejoe1
~ Platinum ~

People helped 42

winners learn from another

« on: November 12, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »

This topic is started from curiosity,There are many members,some join,some stay,others leave.I joined when going through the dis.process.,when I was in the recon stage,by scrolling through google looking for answers of SSA hearing procedure.I think site is helpful and informative.                                                                                          You can list what does and the good points of forum.Also,ther should,nt be many,dislikes or improvements needed.                                                                                                As topic goes,if it does,I ,ll post in ,too. Thanks forum members.

the sun always shines at noon.
Name: Joe
Age at Application: 53
Disability: degenerative arthritis(hip.knee and spine),chronic pain and inability to stand for any set time
Date Applied: 12/21/12
Hearing Date: 08/27/14
Additional Info: 3/11/15favorable3/18/15notice of decision
Leasy
~ Silver ~

People helped 6

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »

I came here looking for answers and found that I like reading other peoples questions too. I'm amazed at the knowledge that is shown here among the post. I still am learning things and I find myself wanting to know more.
Name: Lisa (Leasy)
Age at Application: 49 (51 now)
Hearing Date: September 16th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Approval October 27th, 2016
Atticus
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »

I feel a sense of connection to the outside world. I mostly live in solitude and rarely leave the house. To be honest, it gets very lonely. This forum not only give me a chance to reach out to people, but it gives me hope and a lot knowledge.
wornoutworker
~ Gold ~

People helped 13

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »

I spent months on the internet researching SSDI before I filed. Came across this site.
 I bought and read Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability-Getting & Keeping Your Benefits.
 Kept coming back to SSDFACTS.COM. This site is really a one stop /shop for getting and keeping your benefits. There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to applying for disability benefits, and a lot of what we think is relevant to the process, isn't.
 This site is # 3 in my favorites, part of where I go on the internet when I am feeling well enough to be on-line reading.
Age at Application: 55
Disability: Lower spine
Date Applied: 1/14
First Approval/Denial Date: 7/14
Date Award Letter Received: 7/14
Date Back Pay Received: 7/14
Glyn
~ Platinum ~

People helped 16

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:49:06 AM »

i enjoy reading this forum. i came here not long after applying for benefits on 02/12/13. i am still fighting SSA. the admins here are VERY helpful!
Name: G R
Age at Application: 43
Disability: Neuropathy, Diabeties, Depression
Date Applied: 02/13/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 04/18/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied
Date Hearing Notice Received: 09/10/2014
Hearing Date: 11/12/2014
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied 03/25/15
Additional Info: Was sent to a PSDY doctor on 3/25/13 Appealed to Appeals Counsel 05/2015 sitll waiting......Got notice 7/2016 that my case is being remanded. Hearing is set for 10/18/16
Bonzai
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 382

Technical Support

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 03:41:35 AM »

What attracts me to SSDFacts can be summed up in two words "the members".

In this day and age, where people have become absorbed in their own lives, it is refreshing to be a part of a site where the members help one another.  This is why I always say SSDFacts is built out of, and based on "Love".

"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White
Name: Bonzai
Age at Application: 47
Disability: BP 1, OSA, HTN, DM II, Arthritis Knee
Date Applied: Feb 08
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied Dec 08
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied Mar 09
Hearing Date: second hearing June 2012
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Approval - Aug 2012
Date Award Letter Received: Oct 2012
Date Back Pay Received: Late Sept 2012
Additional Info: remanded

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:35:39 AM by Bonzai »
bean4432
~ Bronze ~

People helped 3

waiting in vain

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:26:29 AM »

I came to this site after filing for disability,the info that this site was real valuable that not only helped me succeed in a approval, but also where others have the same disabling condition as you have and let you know how they go about treating theirs, you don't get the constant eye rolling or " not the I'm in pain speech again",just always words of encouragement on this site. I will be glad when my payment comes through so I can make a donation to this site. SSD facts forum ,I Never would have made it with out you. I was ready to give up on life and yall responded quickly .though we may never meet one another in person,yall are all still in my heart,again, thank all of you
Name: russell
Age at Application: 45
Disability: stroke,oteoarthritis in both knees,complex meniscus tear of knee,arthritis of hips and lower lumbar spine,hbp,pre type 2 diabetes and gout
Date Applied: may 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: dec. 2013. denied
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: aug. 2014. denied
Date OTR requested: oct.2014
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: waiting
Date Hearing Notice Received: Sep 7 2016
Hearing Date: Oct 14,2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Approved at hearing
Date Award Letter Received: Waiting
Cka0728
~ Copper ~

People helped 3

Left eye blind

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »

The SSDI "process" is complicated. It varies somewhat state to state. I found it helpful to learn from the People on this site that went Thru it. Face it lawyers are expensive, sometimes you CAN file yourself and with help of the folks here and family....you will have greater success at securing you Ssdi ins.
Also People come here for support, advice, and strength, it can only serve as a helpful solution to the problems they are experiencing in their life.
Name: Mike K
Age at Application: 59, now 60.
Disability: Detached retina, blind left eye, bilateral hearing loss, tinnitus, sleep apnea , pain rotor cuff injury, hip, lower back pain, depression/anxiety.
Date Applied: Nov. 8, 2015
Date Award Letter Received: March 9, 2016
joejoe1
~ Platinum ~

People helped 42

winners learn from another

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »

Great answer Mike.This site interacts with each other,to solve everyday problems,just ask and answer is the key.Thank the mods,too for running posts smoothly.What would be nice would be a change of ''picture layout'',you know,when we log-in,there,s the same SSD Facts lay-out,o well,just a suggestion,thanks to you all.

the sun always shines at noon.
Name: Joe
Disability: degenerative arthritis(hip.knee and spine),chronic pain and inability to stand for any set time
Date Applied: 12/21/12
Hearing Date: 08/27/14
Additional Info: 3/11/15favorable3/18/15notice of decision
TraceyJuliet
~ Platinum ~

People helped 34

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »

I came to ask questions. This is the only source of correct informations AND fellow comrades, on the planet. I can not imagine traversing the SSDI journey without the members. Who else are you going to talk to about function reports, SGA, and illness, LOL. I grin but it's the darn truth. No one but us can relate to us.

I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.
Name: Tracey
Age at Application: 51
Disability: F31.32 Moderate Bipolar 1 Disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADD, Anxiety
Date Applied: 9/22/2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: 2/06/2015
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Reconsideration Denied 4/18/2015
Date OTR requested: Hired Attorney 5/13/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 9/2/2016
Hearing Date: 11/28/2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 12/23/2016 Fully Favorable, thank God!!!
Date Award Letter Received: 01/10/2017
cynderella
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 54

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »

First I want to say Congratulations to TraceyJuliet for your approval!!!!  I have been a member here since 2012 when filing for disability. Anxiety and Depression as some of you know can put you in a very dark place that some do not return from. This group gave me strength, hope, understanding, love and a wealth of answers to questions during my two year struggle. Since winning my case I stop by periodically to check on some old friends and to see if there is anything I can do to help others. Giving back what was given to me. I can say that there are many people here that saved my life and will forever be greatful.  The dark places still come but with the fight for disability over a weight was lifted. I love this group and the people here. I stop by from time to time but unless I have something to say I do not sign in. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Name: Cyndi
Disability: Spinal stenosis, R. Hip/leg pain, Agoraphobia, Panic/Anxiety disorder, Depression
Date Applied: 04/2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied 12/12/12
Hearing Date: 12/18/2013
Date Award Letter Received: 2/28/14 Fully Approved
TraceyJuliet
~ Platinum ~

People helped 34

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »

First I want to say Congratulations to TraceyJuliet for your approval!!!!  I have been a member here since 2012 when filing for disability. Anxiety and Depression as some of you know can put you in a very dark place that some do not return from. This group gave me strength, hope, understanding, love and a wealth of answers to questions during my two year struggle. Since winning my case I stop by periodically to check on some old friends and to see if there is anything I can do to help others. Giving back what was given to me. I can say that there are many people here that saved my life and will forever be greatful.  The dark places still come but with the fight for disability over a weight was lifted. I love this group and the people here. I stop by from time to time but unless I have something to say I do not sign in. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Cynderella! I too, love this place  Main18

I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.
Name: Tracey
Age at Application: 51
Disability: F31.32 Moderate Bipolar 1 Disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADD, Anxiety
Date Applied: 9/22/2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: 2/06/2015
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Reconsideration Denied 4/18/2015
Date OTR requested: Hired Attorney 5/13/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 9/2/2016
Hearing Date: 11/28/2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 12/23/2016 Fully Favorable, thank God!!!
Date Award Letter Received: 01/10/2017
chiarigal
~ Silver ~

People helped 6

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »

I have been lurking forever it seems. I have enjoyed reading here because A) I have learnt a lot about the process. People outside of here tell you so many things and most of the time its not correct information. And B) no one in our personal lives can really relate to what it is that we endure.

People in our personal lives sometimes say things that are really cruel, I have noticed that does not happen here. People who are not in this situation just do not understand.
Age at Application: 37
Disability: ACM, PTSD, ADD, Carpal Tunnel, Occipital Neuralgia, spinal stenosis, degenerative disk disease of cervical spine, migraine, chronic widespread pain.
Date Applied: June 7th, 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 10/08/2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Filed appeal 10/10/2014 hired lawyer
Date OTR requested: 10/23/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 11/08/2016
Hearing Date: 01/09/2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 01/23/2017 Appeal Under Review A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you or your appointed representative directly if we need any additional documents or information.
Date Award Letter Received: 01/27/2017 FULLY FAVORABLE 2/11/2017 Letter on SSA account confirming approval
Date Back Pay Received: 02/14/2017 Happy Valentines day to me. 02/13/2017 SSA page showing one time deposit for 02/14
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196414
  • Total Topics: 19153
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 35
Total: 37

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc