Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2017, 12:06:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  First Payment, Back Pay and Beyond
| | |-+  Abnormally long wait for Back Pay?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Topic: Abnormally long wait for Back Pay?  (Read 2067 times)
Spinderella
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29:35 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that, Joshsmom896. Man, that would be beyond frustrating to not have even received an award letter yet. Have they given you any reason for the delay of the letter?

On my end, I just called the local SSA office since two weeks has past and I've heard nothing. For the first time (I'm sure it's not uncommon!) I got an extremely rude and out-of-touch rep that answered and didn't even ask for my SS # and just put me into some sort of voice mail hell.

I called back and got her again and said that I'm going in circles and was told to call back and speak to a manager/supervisor by today if nothing has changed. I told her the name of the rep that told me that and she finally asked for my SS # and then said, "Who TOLD you to ask for a manager to manager?" I say the name of the rep again and she said, "Forget about [rep's name], who told you to ask for a manager to manager?" Uh, THE REP [NAME]!

So, she started to review notes and put me on mute (not hold, because no hold music and I've worked in Customer Service on the phone before) for several minutes and then said, "Ok, hold on...you need a supervisor." I get hold music, ringing and then put into an actual person's voicemail that gives me their name and I live all my info.

I don't understand what is going on and it's freaking me out. There is no way this should be going on this long after all this time and them having notes and knowing that the payment processing center is just sitting on their thumbs. I really hope there is some headway with these managers and I get this money released soon.

We have to move next month to a cheaper place because we can't afford staying where we are any longer. Not having my back pay to cover all my medical bills that have gone into collections or are looming over my head is so scary. We've been able to pay a few things, but there are some big ones and it's making it harder and harder to get back into the black since I still need and receive medical care.

I sincerely hope I don't get a call that says I'm getting nothing for some unknown or bizarre reason. Not that it should, but I worry about my luck. Sad
Age at Application: 35
Disability: CIDP, Fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy
Date Applied: March 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: July 2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Sept 2013
Date Hearing Notice Received: May 2014
Hearing Date: Sept 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Sept 2016
Date Award Letter Received: Oct 2016
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nov 2016
Additional Info: EOD: Mar 2011 - 8 cancelled hearings from previous judges
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195724
  • Total Topics: 19068
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc