Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 24, 2017, 08:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  The Physical Side of Disability
| |-+  The Physical Side of Disability
| | |-+  Discouraged
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Discouraged  (Read 1484 times)
Kafkasrecruit
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« on: December 19, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »

Medicaid (private option) restrictions on how frequently and what pain management treatments I can have. Stuck taking increased strength and dosages of medications for six more months...... and still waiting on hearing. Seems quite counter-productive to me. I feel like a revenue generating machine for providers. Stigmatized by the system. Forgotten by my country.

This is feeling quite like a conspiracy. Solient Greenish. Unfair.
Name: Kafkasrecruit
Age at Application: 50, 53
Disability: Arthrodesis (Fusion L2-S1 in 2005 and 2016); post-laminectomy syndrome; spinal canal and foraminal stenoses w/ neurogenic claudication; severe lumbar and thoracic spondylosis; moderate cervical osteoarthritis/spondylosis; chronic lumbar radiculopathy since 2005; osteoporosis (hip); severe osteoarthritis since 1997; coccydynia; (adult) scoliosis; adjustment disorder; mood disorder b/c of health condition; persistent depression.
Date Applied: 3/9/2012 (1st), 10/15/2015 (2nd)
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: 5/2012 (1st); 1/7/2015 (2nd)
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 6/16/2016 - Denied
Date OTR requested: Oct 2016
Additional Info: Hearing requested July 2016
Atticus
SSDFacts VIP
~ Platinum ~

People helped 11

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »

Medicaid (private option) restrictions on how frequently and what pain management treatments I can have. Stuck taking increased strength and dosages of medications for six more months...... and still waiting on hearing. Seems quite counter-productive to me. I feel like a revenue generating machine for providers. Stigmatized by the system. Forgotten by my country.

This is feeling quite like a conspiracy. Solient Greenish. Unfair.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My therapist wants me to have extra therapy because i am such a bad case, but that costs money! I am going to talk to my shrink about that, because it is adding up!
Age at Application: 50
Disability: Mental issues
Date Applied: 9/7/16
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 577

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 03:13:04 PM »

Medicaid pays providers very little. That is why there are restrictions and limitations on the care they will provide.

Be thankful Arkansas Medicaid pays for Pain Management, Louisiana Medicaid does not. If someone has Louisiana Medicaid and they need Pain Management, they either have to pay for it out of pocket, which is $150-$250 a month or do without.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
wornoutworker
~ Gold ~

People helped 13

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:00:41 PM »

My first year of Obama Care was Medicaid (Washington State Apple Health).I was new in town, no MD was going to just prescribe pain meds, they didn't care about my thick stack of medical records, referrals from major Southern California Pain Management hospital/surgeons.
 Finally after 10 months my primary care took pity and found a pain management group that accepted Medicaid....  361 miles away.
Age at Application: 55
Disability: Lower spine
Date Applied: 1/14
First Approval/Denial Date: 7/14
Date Award Letter Received: 7/14
Date Back Pay Received: 7/14
Kafkasrecruit
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »

I hear you, Just Me. I was in Louisiana for about 4 years.
Arkansas is still better than Florida or Louisiana, I think.
It took about six hours, but I've calmed down a bit now -- adjusting to the reality ... the tragedy.

On a positive note - my core abdominal muscles are rock-hard, cut and pretty darn strong these days. Two or three years of focusing on tightening my core any time I sit, walk, and sometimes when I lie down -- gave me a 54-year-old sixpack. LOL
Disability: Arthrodesis (Fusion L2-S1 in 2005 and 2016); post-laminectomy syndrome; spinal canal and foraminal stenoses w/ neurogenic claudication; severe lumbar and thoracic spondylosis; moderate cervical osteoarthritis/spondylosis; chronic lumbar radiculopathy since 2005; osteoporosis (hip); severe osteoarthritis since 1997; coccydynia; (adult) scoliosis; adjustment disorder; mood disorder b/c of health condition; persistent depression.
Kafkasrecruit
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 08:23:27 PM »

I hear you, Just Me. I was in Louisiana for about 4 years.
Arkansas is still better than Florida or Louisiana, I think.
It took about six hours, but I've calmed down a bit now -- adjusting to the reality ... the tragedy.

On a positive note - my core abdominal muscles are rock-hard, cut and pretty darn strong these days. Two or three years of focusing on tightening my core any time I sit, walk, and sometimes when I lie down -- gave me a 54-year-old sixpack. LOL
Or, maybe it's just malnourished ...... ugh.....

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:27:08 PM by Kafkasrecruit »
Kafkasrecruit
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:37:49 AM »

It's the.... limbic system talking.... but the whole process..... is a death sentence.  SSDI. How awful it is.

I feel so hopeless, you know?

Forgotten. Alienated from the world. Mistreated by "the system."  Stupid for thinking that if you were honest, hard-working, polite, patient, harmed no one, followed the rules you'd be rewarded in the end. That was not true. There are no rewards for following the rules except being able to sleep at night (provided you are not in pain and can sleep at night.)

:-(

The SSDI or SSA rules -- I get it. It's not only about providing insurance benefits back to those of us who worked and became disabled before the natural end to our careers and working life. It's also about managing the funds available. Maybe it's ALL about that... the money.

Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 577

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:06:50 PM »

Aren't things better in Ark than they were in Fl living conditions wise ?

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
Kafkasrecruit
~ Platinum ~

People helped 13

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »

Aren't things better in Ark than they were in Fl living conditions wise ?

Yes, in a lot of ways much better.
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 27

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 01:39:27 AM »

I'm having one of these days myself since I was calculating how much medical has cost me this year with being on medicare, Medicare B. Medicare D 4750.00 my then the cost of the drugs, I need to research not taking the escalating hit of costs.  This is my life with drugs and I'm sure more will be added.  Wonder what feeling healthy and working how things would be going.  Just wondering about if I was healthyhi much money I would have to have before being completely broke.

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 176

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 05:17:42 AM »

I'm having one of these days myself since I was calculating how much medical has cost me this year with being on medicare, Medicare B. Medicare D 4750.00 my then the cost of the drugs, I need to research not taking the escalating hit of costs.  This is my life with drugs and I'm sure more will be added.  Wonder what feeling healthy and working how things would be going.  Just wondering about if I was healthyhi much money I would have to have before being completely broke.

At least you will be ready to file your taxes & deduct your medical expenses since you already figured out the totals? 

I have not added up the total yet for 2016 but I know my total is going to be high.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195679
  • Total Topics: 19062
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 68
Total: 71

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc