Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 09:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  The Psychological side of Disability
| |-+  The Comfort Zone
| | |-+  Help; need somewhere to go
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Help; need somewhere to go  (Read 896 times)
jessidarklighter
~ Copper ~

People helped 4

« on: January 02, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »

Hopefully by posting under this topic people will understand this message. I suffer from several psychological disorders including Major Depressive Disorder. I am fully aware that I am becoming more and more unstable by the day, but none of my coping habits are working anymore. My last option is to get somewhere where I can stretch out, sleep, and not be disturbed by other people. I can not begin to relate how important this is. If I can't use this last chance remedy, it is very likely I will have to admit myself to a hospital. I have no money, so no can do a hotel. Last time I did this, I went camping, but the weather is shifting mildly through chilly to freezing and also damp to hail, so staying in a tent is out as well. I have no family or friends nearby I can go to. So does anyone have any ideas where I can go?
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:20:29 PM »

Try a church near you.
Age at Application: 52, Turned 53 the next day
Disability: Injuries to Cervical/Lumbar/Shoulders/Hip/Elbows/Wrist/Coccyx. (being referred to neuro to try and rule out MS)
Date Applied: First application 9/1/15, Second application 9/12/16
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied -on first application 12/11/15 Denied-on second application 12/12/16
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied on first application 4/9/16 , Appeal started on second application 12/15/16, submission on 12/18/16
Date Dependent Benefits Received: N/A
Additional Info: Frist application was lost somewhere in the shuffle and time ran out for appeal to ALJ.
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 600

Nice Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »

Have you talked to your doctor ? A church could tell you where homeless shelters are and free/sliding scale clinics and teaching hospitals.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:51:15 PM »

How long do you need to be by yourself?  Can your husband take the children out for the day & have it be enough?  Or does it need to be multiple days?
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

.... My last option is to get somewhere where I can stretch out, sleep, and not be disturbed by other people.... I have no money, so no can do a hotel.
I was suggesting the church because, sometimes, they are able to help with a place or maybe a little money to get a motel room.
I know they help with food and have heard they help with rides to doctors. I've also heard of them helping people find some shelter and helping people to keep their lights on. I was thinking, maybe, they could rent you a room for a 'night or two'?
Age at Application: 52, Turned 53 the next day
Disability: Injuries to Cervical/Lumbar/Shoulders/Hip/Elbows/Wrist/Coccyx. (being referred to neuro to try and rule out MS)
Date Applied: First application 9/1/15, Second application 9/12/16
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied -on first application 12/11/15 Denied-on second application 12/12/16
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied on first application 4/9/16 , Appeal started on second application 12/15/16, submission on 12/18/16
Date Dependent Benefits Received: N/A
Additional Info: Frist application was lost somewhere in the shuffle and time ran out for appeal to ALJ.
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 600

Nice Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

blgreens, under the circumstances a church or any place is going to refer the OP to their doctor or hospital. It is also a matter of liability.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
joejoe1
~ Platinum ~

People helped 42

winners learn from another

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 03:33:16 PM »

Your city should have a womens shelter,call there and ask to stay.

the sun always shines at noon.
Name: Joe
Age at Application: 53
Disability: degenerative arthritis(hip.knee and spine),chronic pain and inability to stand for any set time
Date Applied: 12/21/12
Hearing Date: 08/27/14
Additional Info: 3/11/15favorable3/18/15notice of decision
jessidarklighter
~ Copper ~

People helped 4

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 05:41:51 PM »

My mental state is such that I've been afraid to reply to the kind suggestions here, but a day of fruitless searching has me frustrated enough to want to share my situation.

After I wrote this thread, I had a very long discussion with my husband. I had been trying to protect him from the truth of just how fractured I'd become, but his behavior eventually made me break down and tell him all of it. From there I crammed a camp mattress into the back of his car, and set up a small sanctuary in a parking lot. A few hours later I realized that my husband was going back to work today (tomorrow at the time) and as there is only one car, I would have to return home and stay there to be on hand for the care of the children. I pushed this realization to the side and intended to stay out as long as possible, until I began to recognize the progression of physical symptoms that was unfolding...the bronchitis is back, and can well unfold into pneumonia. At that point I gave up and returned home where I did my best to shut myself in my bathroom with steam to help my breathing and a tv show to distract my thoughts.

Today, after a long discussion with my therapist, I gave in to the long standing battle and agreed I should seek medication management. (The reason for abstaining was not an ethical one, it was driven entirely by the fact that during my last treatment with medications, family services threatened to take my children on grounds of "overly medicated parent" who was unfit.) However despite the therapist sending an email advising the need for immediate treatment, family services was unwilling to pay for me to attend medication assessment. So I started looking for other resources.

Which leads me back to the suggestions people have made. I live in the middle of nowhere, next to a small slice of southern traditionalist christians that are stuck in a previous time. As I am a younger than middle aged woman with multiple visible tattoos and unnaturally colored hair, a good portion of even the most well intentioned church administrations nearby will turn up their nose at any conversation past the extent of making sure I love god and jesus. The few that provide services to all despite any cultural boundaries are so overloaded with needy people the best they can offer me is help with a meal here and there. I did at one point investigate the idea of going to a woman's shelter, but was told at that point that I would have to cease all contact with my family while staying there, so that option was out.

So I am now stuck in the same conundrum with my failing mental health as I had with my physical health. As a wife with private insurance, I don't qualify for assistance available for the uninsured, and a visit to an official facility cost a co-pay up to 100 dollars per provider. The only way to get immediate assistance is to go to the hospital...which has several complications. First, I'm fairly sure family services would use it as an excuse to call me unfit again. Second, the obvious backfire of costs that will show up eventually. Third, the last time I went to the hospital asking for medication for mental issues, I was sent to a nearby branch of the local mental health providers, who then came to the sudden realization of how unstable I was and immediately booked me into the nearest psychriatic hospital, which unfortunately is 2 hours away.

Guys, I'm just screwed. Just shoot me and get it over with.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200523
  • Total Topics: 19656
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 69
Total: 72

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc