Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2017, 04:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  My SSA Journey
| |-+  The Path to my Approval
| | |-+  Wheeled Waker
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Wheeled Waker  (Read 1004 times)
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »

I just came back from my doctor and he gave me a prescription for a wheel walker and a shower chair because of the week ness in my legs and falls I do use a cane but he told me to start using the walker all the time for my gait instability. do you think this can help with my ssdi ?
Name: Bobby
Age at Application: 51
Disability: Polyneuropathy - Depression - RA -OA
Date Applied: 7-12-2016
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 1-6-2017
SFVLance
~ Titanium ~

People helped 5

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »

Honestly -- and this is just speculation -- it will probably help, but only a tiny bit.

Although it supports claim of weakness in your legs, an ALJ and Vocational Expert *might* find that you can seek out a different type of labor/assembly job that allows you to work sitting down all of the time.

Maybe someone else will correct me if that would not happen at your age.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing Pending
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again--now set for Spring 2017.
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

I have polyneuropathy in my hands & feet. my hands & fingers are numb all the time cant hold on to things
joejoe1
~ Platinum ~

People helped 42

winners learn from another

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »

O.D.A.R. will need your info about age ,work history and education.Are you,or were you a skilled laborer?Did you  graduate,and did you attendany college training?Your age is considered approaching advanced age.You have mobility problems,which cause use of assitance,walker.You do not need to answer this,only a few points that are being evaluated,O.D.A.R.

the sun always shines at noon.
Name: Joe
Age at Application: 53
Disability: degenerative arthritis(hip.knee and spine),chronic pain and inability to stand for any set time
Date Applied: 12/21/12
Hearing Date: 08/27/14
Additional Info: 3/11/15favorable3/18/15notice of decision
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 176

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »

O.D.A.R. will need your info about age ,work history and education.Are you,or were you a skilled laborer?Did you  graduate,and did you attendany college training?Your age is considered approaching advanced age.You have mobility problems,which cause use of assitance,walker.You do not need to answer this,only a few points that are being evaluated,O.D.A.R.

I believe Bobby111 is still waiting for an initial decision.  So, he needs to provide DDS with a copy of the prescription.

Bobby111  - I know you had previously said you were losing insurance as of January 1.  Make sure you look into whether there is a medical equipment loan closet near you.  It is often run by the Lions Club or Rotary Club (& they might be able to tell you who does it in your area if they do not).  There is a good chance you can borrow the rolling walker & shower chair from a medical equipment loan closet for no cost.  Most allow you to keep the equipment  for as long as you need it.  Many people donate equipment yo the loan closet that they no longer need due to having it for a short term need or progressing yo different equipment (or an elderly relative passing away).
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »

Oh thank you so much Helper I will do that
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 204

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:15:13 PM »

Honestly -- and this is just speculation -- it will probably help, but only a tiny bit.

Although it supports claim of weakness in your legs, an ALJ and Vocational Expert *might* find that you can seek out a different type of labor/assembly job that allows you to work sitting down all of the time.

Maybe someone else will correct me if that would not happen at your age.

Actually, he seems to meet the requirements of Listing 11.14 A and have the evidence required under 11.00 B and satisfy 11.00 D.  (The OP should read 11.00 and 11.14 if he hasn't already.)  https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/11.00-Neurological-Adult.htm

When a claimant meets a Listing the 5 Step Sequential Evaluation Process stops at Step 3.  Age is not a factor until step 5. 

This doesn't mean every applicant with a script for a walker will meet a Listing...
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 1

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »

I believe Bobby111 is still waiting for an initial decision.  So, he needs to provide DDS with a copy of the prescription.

Bobby111  - I know you had previously said you were losing insurance as of January 1.  Make sure you look into whether there is a medical equipment loan closet near you.  It is often run by the Lions Club or Rotary Club (& they might be able to tell you who does it in your area if they do not).  There is a good chance you can borrow the rolling walker & shower chair from a medical equipment loan closet for no cost.  Most allow you to keep the equipment  for as long as you need it.  Many people donate equipment yo the loan closet that they no longer need due to having it for a short term need or progressing yo different equipment (or an elderly relative passing away).
And, if you are a vet, the VA usually has a room full of medical appliances you can use until you no longer need it. Our local VA has one. We donated to it and used it.
Age at Application: 52, Turned 53 the next day
Disability: Injuries to Cervical/Lumbar/Shoulders/Hip/Elbows/Wrist/Coccyx. (being referred to neuro to try and rule out MS)
Date Applied: First application 9/1/15, Second application 9/12/16
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied -on first application 12/11/15 Denied-on second application 12/12/16
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied on first application 4/9/16 , Appeal started on second application 12/15/16, submission on 12/18/16
Date Dependent Benefits Received: N/A
Additional Info: Frist application was lost somewhere in the shuffle and time ran out for appeal to ALJ.
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:55:23 PM »

I got Approved today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 27

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 03:45:05 AM »

Kudos03 Celebrate06 Celebrate05 Celebrate08

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
bigbabie55
SSDFacts Supporter
~ Platinum ~

People helped 79

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »

Kudos04 Kudos04 Kudos04 Kudos03 Kudos01

Blessings! heart
Bigbabie
Age at Application: 53/59 now
Disability: Multiple Sclerosis, Scoliosis, Carpal Tunnel Degenerative Disc
Date Applied: March 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: April 2011
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Michigan currently has no Reconsideration
Hearing Date: March 12 2012
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: March 12 2012 (Bench Approval)
Date Award Letter Received: April 4,2012
Date Back Pay Received: April 4,2012
Additional Info: Award Letter/Explanation of Benefits/Back Pay all received in the mail on the same day
miller
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:07 AM »

Kudos03 Kudos03 Kudos03 Kudos03 Kudos03 Celebrate08 Celebrate08 Celebrate08

Congratulations!!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 8983
  • Latest: mika
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195695
  • Total Topics: 19063
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc