Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2017, 07:13:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Reconsideration Requests
| | |-+  Received Message Online About My Reconsideration
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Received Message Online About My Reconsideration  (Read 1404 times)
mrh1958
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: January 05, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »

Just received a message on my SS page today 01-05 online about my reconsideration it says:  "A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information."

I would guess that this means the decision could go either way, just was curious if others here have received a message like this and what the outcome was.
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

Just received a message on my SS page today 01-05 online about my reconsideration it says:  "A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information."

I would guess that this means the decision could go either way, just was curious if others here have received a message like this and what the outcome was.
Got this same message on my initial application. Mine was denied but, I have read where others had received this same message and were approved.
Like you said, could go either way.
Age at Application: 52, Turned 53 the next day
Disability: Injuries to Cervical/Lumbar/Shoulders/Hip/Elbows/Wrist/Coccyx. (being referred to neuro to try and rule out MS)
Date Applied: First application 9/1/15, Second application 9/12/16
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied -on first application 12/11/15 Denied-on second application 12/12/16
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied on first application 4/9/16 , Appeal started on second application 12/15/16, submission on 12/18/16
Date Dependent Benefits Received: N/A
Additional Info: Frist application was lost somewhere in the shuffle and time ran out for appeal to ALJ.
Jill0613
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »

I got the message, I hearing level, 12 27 16, it was approval. I if it relates to SSI you still have to be non medically approved local field office.  My message for ssd changed yesterday when the payment center of approved and posted the award. Your notice of decision should arrive soon.

Jill
Name: Jill
Age at Application: 45
Disability: Cervical & Lumber hernatiated disks, dextroscoliosis, chronic pain,, spinal cord and nerve root compression, heart attack, Angina (unstable), carpal Tunnel nerve damage in arms and legs, bunions, adhd, anxiety.
Date Applied: 4/23/14
First Approval/Denial Date: 8/9/14 Denial
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 10/16/14 Denial
Date OTR requested: N/a
Date Hearing Notice Received: 7/25/16
Hearing Date: 9/1/16 pp 11/1/16
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 12/27/16 per call atty; Call to SSA
Date Award Letter Received: 01/13/17 SSDI 1/17/17.SSI Backpay. Medicare Card,Extra Help paper.
Date Back Pay Received: SSI payback welfare then backpay figured.1 time pymt posted on MySSA website 1/27/17. Pymt received 1/31/17. SSDI pymt posted 2/2/17.
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Daughter will recieve them now bc she is over 19 if she follows up with SSA
Additional Info: Fully Favorable back to June 4, 2013. Paid back welfare $12,300 out of backpay before the checks were issued.
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:03 PM »

Like Jill said...a decision should arrive soon. My message was received on a Friday and my decision was posted the following Monday.
Disability: Injuries to Cervical/Lumbar/Shoulders/Hip/Elbows/Wrist/Coccyx. (being referred to neuro to try and rule out MS)
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied -on first application 12/11/15 Denied-on second application 12/12/16
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied on first application 4/9/16 , Appeal started on second application 12/15/16, submission on 12/18/16
Additional Info: Frist application was lost somewhere in the shuffle and time ran out for appeal to ALJ.
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »

I got the same message and the next day (TODAY) they called me and said I was approved
Name: Bobby
Age at Application: 51
Disability: Polyneuropathy - Depression - RA -OA
Date Applied: 7-12-2016
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 1-6-2017
TraceyJuliet
~ Platinum ~

People helped 37

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »

I got the same message on 12/23. I called my attorney and they said the notification arrived with approved. It truly can go either way.

I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.
Name: Tracey
Age at Application: 51
Disability: F31.32 Moderate Bipolar 1 Disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADD, Anxiety
Date Applied: 9/22/2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: 2/06/2015
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Reconsideration Denied 4/18/2015
Date OTR requested: Hired Attorney 5/13/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 9/2/2016
Hearing Date: 11/28/2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 12/23/2016 Fully Favorable, thank God!!!
Date Award Letter Received: 01/10/2017
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING
mrh1958
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:35:27 AM »

Received the decision, I was denied, lawyer filed appeal same day I am also filing paperwork for dire need
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »

Received the decision, I was denied, lawyer filed appeal same day I am also filing paperwork for dire need
I am sorry to hear that. Glad you have a lawyer on top of things. I am preparing for when I have to get one.

Good Luck to you.
jessidarklighter
~ Copper ~

People helped 4

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »

I got the same status, posted Friday. I was real excited because I hoped this meant I would be able to find out. However, the decision wasn't in the mail, the website hasn't changed again, and when I called my attorney his assistant practically shouted at me (because she has already said this on multiple occasions) that there is no way of finding out until the decision comes in the mail.

Did anyone else have to wait this status out? How long until it came in the mail or the website changed?
blgreens
~ Silver ~

People helped 2

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »

I got the same status, posted Friday. I was real excited because I hoped this meant I would be able to find out. However, the decision wasn't in the mail, the website hasn't changed again, and when I called my attorney his assistant practically shouted at me (because she has already said this on multiple occasions) that there is no way of finding out until the decision comes in the mail.

Did anyone else have to wait this status out? How long until it came in the mail or the website changed?
Got the message on Friday(12/9/16) and the following Monday (12/12/16) there were three different posts. I had to log on for three different reasons. Each time I logged on, there was a different message. I got my answer by the end of the day.

Addendum: I did not get the letter until the 14th.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198826
  • Total Topics: 19478
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 68
Total: 70

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc