Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2017, 07:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  First Payment, Back Pay and Beyond
| | |-+  Anyone familiar with manager (local office) to manager (payroll office)?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Anyone familiar with manager (local office) to manager (payroll office)?  (Read 520 times)
Dwilson3315
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« on: January 09, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »

So I've been waiting on the paymenet center since October. I was told December 29th since they already sent over soone kind of email/fax correspondence  that the local office manager would contact the manager at the payment office to God out what was going on since I've yet to receive ssdi back pay and having my Medicare turned back on and my case is dire need. Wondering if anyone had a tone line in which after the manager calls. I did call today and they did tell me the manager did call so .... just frustrated at this point. Bleh.  😠
Different Perspective
~ Platinum ~

People helped 551

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:41:29 AM »

?? ??
Additional Info: My Different Perspective comes from a lifetime of being near, working with and for those with disabilities, working for the Easter Seal Society, working for the Disability Determination Services (20+ years) and working as a case assistant to an attorney who, until he retired, worked on SSA disability cases exclusively and have attended approximately 185 Hearings. I have great empathy for the truly disabled and greater antipathy for those who try to game or scam the system. With my background, I quickly make distinctions between the two. I am ready to admit my error as soon as the evidence proves me wrong. Any posts I make are based on my experience, memory and current research. Anything, particularly opinions, I post should be verified by someone who has access to the entire case record and not just selected shorts offered by those seeking information, preferably by a competent attorney or non-attorney representative who thoroughly understands SSA law.
Dwilson3315
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:33:39 AM »

Sorry what was confusing about my question. It's really asking once a manager to manager is performed if anyone had a timeline on getting the back pay etc started. Sorry my phone auto corrected 2 works. God equal talks and tone wouod be time.
Spinderella
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

I'm in a similar boat as you.

The judge signed and approved my case as Fully Favorable on September 6th, 2016 and I received my reward letter in mid/late October 2016. To date, I've received only November & December's monthly payments and NOTHING else about my back pay.

I've been on the phone with my local office and in person with them and not much is happening. They finally told me about the manager to manager process and I call them today about it. Apparently, it's supposed to be going to a manager with the local office and I never heard anything from yesterday or today. I've been bounced around from voice mail box to voice mail box of various supervisors/managers and it's very discouraging.

I don't know about a timeline, but my guess is that there is a protocol in place for timelines and they always seem to quote two weeks for everything. Hopefully, if you called today or this week, you'll get an answer this week, too.

The rep I talked to originally about the manager to manager was very kind and expressed that we have a right to know exactly what is happening, especially at this point. We have the right to know why there is such a delay, why things aren't even progressing and if and when I receive my back pay.

I hope you get news soon, as do I.
Age at Application: 35
Disability: CIDP, Fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy
Date Applied: March 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: July 2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Sept 2013
Date Hearing Notice Received: May 2014
Hearing Date: Sept 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Sept 2016
Date Award Letter Received: Oct 2016
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nov 2016
Additional Info: EOD: Mar 2011 - 8 cancelled hearings from previous judges
Dwilson3315
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »

Yeah that's so funny I don't know what it is with them when they want to tell you everything is two weeks I've gotten the same issue time and time again. Everytime I call I will get different people giving me different answers, it's kind of interesting when you think about all the information each individual give you it's almost like they just don't understand the whole process. From my understanding about a month ago they had sent apparently more than 8emails and or phone calls or fax it over to the payment center and we're trying to figure out what was going on since my back pay is not a large amount by any means then I was told that on December 29th I believe that they would do a manager to manager and to call back in 2 weeks. So I called back in 2 weeks and the woman whom I spoke to was very nice and she had asked me my information and I gave it to her and then she proceeded to look at my information and said oh I see here that the manager to manager had gone through and you should be hearing something soon call back in 2 weeks. So it's extremely frustrating when you owe rent and your cases is dire needs. I really don't know what else to say about it except obviously to call back I mean yes but frustration is real. It does make me happy though to read all the stories of people getting accepted that's probably my favorite part of reading these forums there's a lot of people still that absolutely deserve this help and have been denied time and time again we all have our own demons, unfortunately they definitely don't help at the local office 50% of the time I feel like. Thanks for the support
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198826
  • Total Topics: 19478
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 63
Total: 65

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc