Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2017, 07:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  General Discussion Lounge
| | |-+  Bad birthday
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Bad birthday  (Read 869 times)
Atticus
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »

Today is my birthday. Having a bad day though. I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. It's for the best, she was in pain. Main17
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 583

Nice Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »

Atticus, I am so sorry about your dog. I lost a dog I had for over 16 yrs in 2015 and I am still not over it. I got another one, but it isn't the same. Our pets are also our family.

I know this birthday is not a happy one and I am so sorry.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
bobby111
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »

So sorry there family
Name: Bobby
Age at Application: 51
Disability: Polyneuropathy - Depression - RA -OA
Date Applied: 7-12-2016
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 1-6-2017
angrenae
SSDFacts VIP
~ Silver ~

People helped 4

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »

So sorry to hear this. Take care.
Name: Angie
Age at Application: 42
Disability: Chronic migraines, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, IBS, ADHD, Fibromyalgia, Schwannoma (brain tumor) removed 1991, Carotid Artery Dissection, Reynaud's, Horner's Syndrome, Vasovagal Syncope.
Date Applied: 5/18/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 11/2016
Hearing Date: 1/12/17
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied 3/28/2017
Additional Info: Date of Onset 10/26/2013, DLI 12/31/2014. This is my second hearing before an ALJ. My first one was denied for a 2012 application and the Judge was later removed from the bench because of her tendency to "cherry pick" information at cases.
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 187

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
TraceyJuliet
~ Platinum ~

People helped 35

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:23:18 AM »

Oh Atticus, that sucks - I am so sorry. My dog, Juliet, is literally my lifeline. I'd be lost without her. I love dogs and help with rescues. I'm also a dog sitter and walker. I hope you heal quickly, my friend. JM is right - they stay in our hearts forever and we never get "completely" over it.  Main17

I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.
Name: Tracey
Age at Application: 51
Disability: F31.32 Moderate Bipolar 1 Disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADD, Anxiety
Date Applied: 9/22/2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: 2/06/2015
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Reconsideration Denied 4/18/2015
Date OTR requested: Hired Attorney 5/13/2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: 9/2/2016
Hearing Date: 11/28/2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 12/23/2016 Fully Favorable, thank God!!!
Date Award Letter Received: 01/10/2017
Atticus
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »

Oh Atticus, that sucks - I am so sorry. My dog, Juliet, is literally my lifeline. I'd be lost without her. I love dogs and help with rescues. I'm also a dog sitter and walker. I hope you heal quickly, my friend. JM is right - they stay in our hearts forever and we never get "completely" over it.  Main17

Thank you Tracey. My dog Lulu was an ex "bait" dog. It took many months of patience, love and caring to bring her out of her shell due to the traumas she suffered. But eventually, she came out of her shell, and she turned in to a normal dog that loved sleeping in our bed, and playing with her toys. She actually lived a long life, because she was already four or five when we adopted her, and we had her for almost 11 years! She was an American bulldog (different than an American Pit Bull Terrier). Unfortunately, the house seems really quite, and I can't seem to sleep with out her. Basically, she was like my therapy dog.

My remaining dog is old and full of grey hair now. He seems to be unsettled, and looks around for Lulu. I kind of suspect he figured out that she is not coming back. I do feel good because she passed away very peacefully. The doc gave her a sedative to relax her, then very slowly gave her the lethal injection. They allowed me in the room so i could be there with Lulu and gently stroke her fur so she wouldn't be scared. Right before she passed, she reached up and licked my nose! I guess she was feeling pretty good! :smile"
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 27

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 05:56:30 AM »

So sorry.  I know how it is with the older dog since I have one with health problems now.  In fact he can't make it up the stairs so I sleep down on the couch otherwise he starts pacing without me.   You have to think of all the love and joy we got from them for many years.  I would not trade that time in for anything.  They become so much of our lives.  Happy Birthday anyway!

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
RNyorkiemom
~ Titanium ~

People helped 9

Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »

I lost my Little Miss Mollie in 2015 on Good Friday.  I had her since she was 4 months. She was fine one day she stoped eating.  Then we got her to eat baby food.  She was so pitaful then she stated making theses terrible noises.  It turned out she had kidney failure. I didn't want to put her to sleep and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  It was a really hard time because I was waiting to her back on my recon and my marriage was falling apart. It was so lonely, but my parents adopted a shelter dog who had been abused and we bond and we have been great therapy for each other.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂
Name: Dee I
Age at Application: 40
Disability: Juvenal diabetes, scoliosis, chronic pain, kyphosis, spondolosis, tremors, muscle weaklness, anemia, contracture in hands feet, Hammer toe, acquired deformity ankle after surgery to remove necrotic tissue, peripheral neuropathy, h/o MRSA, recurrent cellulitis, ADHD, Depression, effective mood disorder, PTSD, anxiety, sever insomnia, charcot's arthopathy, pathological fractures in feet,
Date Applied: April 20, 14
First Approval/Denial Date: Initial denial 11/1/201 Hired a local attorney 12/6/14
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied June 6, 2015 only a 1/3 of medical obtained.
Date OTR requested: My first OTR request Sept 2015 denied and second OTR request in Sept 2016 after vision deminised to 140/20 L & 120/20 denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: very senator & congressman in my district. Senator Tom Tillis of NC office requestedDire Need status and it was excepted
Date Sent to VSU: NO
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: NO
Date Hearing Notice Received: Dire need status granted 10/28//16 hearing Feb 6, 2016
Hearing Date: February 6, 17 judge has 87% approval so keeping my fingers crossed.
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Medical Decison Made 4/10/17 ( 60 days post hearing was 4/8/17) awaiting award/denial letter and hoping to get befor my Bday!!
Date Award Letter Received: NA
Date Back Pay Received: NA
Date Dependent Benefits Received: No
Additional Info: My diabetes was stable until my auto accident that caused 3 puncture wounds that took 8 months to heal. I had surgery, 6 weeks of home IV therapy and 5 months of wound care and hyperbaric treatments.
Atticus
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate it. I still haven't been able to sleep or relax since my dog passed away. I just lay there, and no matter how hard i try, i cannot relax! Damn! My remaining dog Ace is very unsettled, and keeps looking around for his companion. He can't seem to sit still either.

Well, I guess eventually, i should be able to sleep from exhaustion I guess. I did go out for my belated birthday today with my family, so at least i got my mind off of it for a while.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 9337
  • Latest: Troop51
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197349
  • Total Topics: 19275
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 40
Total: 44

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc