Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2017, 04:18:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  The Physical Side of Disability
| |-+  Pain Management Forum
| | |-+  Hey!! I'm a new be! CDR and pain meds.
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Hey!! I'm a new be! CDR and pain meds.  (Read 1550 times)
TamTam
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: February 05, 2017, 02:28:58 AM »

I have been one several many drugs over a 10+ yrs period. Have been times 12 at a time. 2016 I decided with the help of family to go to rehab. I went to doc 3 months then checked myself in. I saw a psychiatrist while I was there and had therapy also. I stayed with family when I got out but my insurance didn't have docs in the area and no new medicare pat. Either  I moved to Texas with my daughter cause she would be able to get me where I need to go and help take care of me. Same problem here with ins. Got new insurance and inside Co found Dr to see me the day it took affect. I have been on my depression meds all along but not pain meds.   How will this affect my cdr. Driving myself crazy. Please help! Sorry so long
Disability: Neck back depression carpal tunnel
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Wesson
Additional Info: Can't remember alot and records in ms.
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 191

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:09 AM »

How long were you without pain meds?  Are you back on pain meds now?  You were still receiving care for the depression throughout the entire time period? 

Was the rehab for your use of pain medication? Or for another substance?  Or physical therapy rehab?

Have you received a CDR?  Or are you just expecting one?

If you received one, did you get the short 6 question form?  Or did get get a full long CDR form?
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:57:18 AM by Helper »
TamTam
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »

Haven't been on them in about 8 months. Waiting to see pm doc. Seen Dr once to continue depression meds. Rehab was only for opioids.  Received long cdr.
Different Perspective
~ Platinum ~

People helped 541

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »

"How will this affect my cdr."  Original post this thread.

On what basis were you declared "disabled" based on SSA rules?  Have the Medically Determinable Impairments that prevented your ability to perform Significant Gainful Activity at the most recent Comparison Point Decision improved?  If so, have other conditions developed that would prevent SGA?   
Additional Info: My Different Perspective comes from a lifetime of being near, working with and for those with disabilities, working for the Easter Seal Society, working for the Disability Determination Services (20+ years) and working as a case assistant to an attorney who, until he retired, worked on SSA disability cases exclusively and have attended approximately 185 Hearings. I have great empathy for the truly disabled and greater antipathy for those who try to game or scam the system. With my background, I quickly make distinctions between the two. I am ready to admit my error as soon as the evidence proves me wrong. Any posts I make are based on my experience, memory and current research. Anything, particularly opinions, I post should be verified by someone who has access to the entire case record and not just selected shorts offered by those seeking information, preferably by a competent attorney or non-attorney representative who thoroughly understands SSA law.
TamTam
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »

Approved on neck back depression carpal tunnel... have had 2 more neck surgeries which makes it 5 all together lower back surgery carpal tunnel on both hands joint replacement in one hand. Said would need the other hand done as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197977
  • Total Topics: 19372
  • Online Today: 107
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 57
Total: 59

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc