Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2017, 10:50:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  Huge Differences in CDR-approval rates by states
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Huge Differences in CDR-approval rates by states  (Read 789 times)
tennis
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« on: February 14, 2017, 12:32:36 PM »

Hello
      I have been studying the interesting statistics on this site, here on this link......
     http://www.ssdfacts.com/dds#Approval
         As you can see from this link, there appear to be huge discrepancies in the CDR approval rate by state.  For example, Arizona has a relatively low CDR approval rate of only 78% (and also a low initial approval rate of only 28%, which I am assuming is relevant since the same people who make the initial decisions in the state are presumably the same who make the CDR decisions).
           So if you contrast this with Wyoming, you will see that Wyoming has a whopping 97.5% CDR approval rate (and a 53.6 initial approval rate).
             Considering how dependent my survival on SSD is, do you feel it would be a much "safer, more secure" decision to therefore move to a state like Wyoming because of their comparably higher CDR approval rates instead of a "riskier"(?) state like Arizona that has a much lower CDR approval rate?
              What could account for such big differences between the states? Even Arizona's neighbor (New Mexico) has a much higher CDR approval rate than does AZ. I was actually thinking about moving to Arizona because its climate appeals to me. But reading the statistics on this link makes me worried that it would be a risky choice to do so. So I'm eager to get your brutally candid thoughts on this. Thank you.

newdawn
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 84

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »

I've thought about this before. It could be a lot of things. For instance, it could be the population on disability in certain states tends to be older and thus more likelihood that their conditions won't improve. Also, certain states may have a higher proportion of people on SSDI-only vs SSI or SSDI/SSI concurrent.

Keep in mind I don't think those CDR stats take into account people who appeal their cessation of benefits and who end up keeping their benefits in the end.

Personally, I wouldn't move based on these stats because your condition remains the same no matter what state you live in. And I believe quality review is supposed to ensure that the state DDS offices are all applying the law the same nationwide.
Name: Dawn
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 11/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 03/2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 11/2014
Hearing Date: 11/13/2015 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 01/15/2016 Fully Favorable (rec'd 01/21)
Date Award Letter Received: 02/17/2016 (rec'd 02/20)
Date Back Pay Received: 02/13/2016 (paper check)
Additional Info: 02/09/16 mySSA account updated with approval info. 02/22 rec'd medicare card in mail. Hired lawyer after reconsideration denial. Requested an in-person hearing.
DisabledVetUSAF
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

If lost ask for directions or continue to be lost!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »

I agree, but think the sample size needs to be evaluated.

Smaller samples may have more variance than the statistically larger counterparts.

Like NewDawn said I am sure the demographics play a part in it too. 

I do not know everything, and if I did my brain would probably explode from intellectual overload.  That being said, I am always up for continued growth in relation to knowledge on many topics.  I believe knowledge is power, but such power is attained through exploration and in depth objectivity.
Name: Jon
Location: New Jersey (Not as bad as it sounds or is portrayed on T.V.)
Age at Application: 29
Disability: Bipolar I Disorder w/ Anxious Distress Severe, Obsessive Compulsivity, and PTSD
Date Applied: June 2009
First Approval/Denial Date: December 2010
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: n/a
Date OTR requested: n/a
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: n/a
Date Sent to VSU: n/a
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: n/a
Date Hearing Notice Received: n/a
Hearing Date: No Hearing
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: No ALJ
Date Award Letter Received: Jan 2011
Date Back Pay Received: Jan 2011
Date Dependent Benefits Received: First Payment Feb 2011
Additional Info: "Passed" on first try, attribute this to good doctors at the VA and an in depth Medical Record from Military Service as well as the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. I did hire an attorney, I probably did not need one but the peace of mind they offered was worth every cent paid -- Which I believe they deserved all of.
steve
~ Silver ~

People helped 4

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »

In my honest opinion I don't think where you live carry's that much weight as far as CDR,s are concerned..AS long as your still disabled,not working,and continuing to see your doctors for treatment you should be good to go regardless of what state your in....
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 32

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »

I agree with Newdawn I would never move to a different state due to statistics.  Now for me my condition won't have improvement except maybe if I was in a much warmer climate for the arthritic issues.

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 9904
  • Latest: mudjazz
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200481
  • Total Topics: 19650
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 54
Total: 58

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc