Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 25, 2017, 02:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Letters from Social Security Disability
| |-+  Initial Filing Letters
| | |-+  Earnings - Weird
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Earnings - Weird  (Read 460 times)
Atticus
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »

I used to work for the government. I stopped working in 11/14. I show earnings for 2015, and $60.00 in 2016! What the heck? I guess some of the earnings in 2015 could have been residual payments from vacation and stuff like (but i didn't have any vacation time left, i exhausted it) , but the 2016 earnings in 2016 are weird. The lady at the SSA office was pretty confused, but she let me slide. What if my case goes before a judge, isn't that going to cause my problems?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:47:56 AM by Atticus »
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 180

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »

Didn't  you try a job in July 2016 for like a day?  Maybe dog walking or dog daycare or sonething?  Is the the $60 from that?

My guess is the 2015 earnings is from residual vacation & if you tried any jobs in 2015.  Unless someone has stolen your social security number to use for their employment (like if they do not have one).  You could check your 2015 taxes to see what you actually received from employers.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Atticus
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 10:48:41 AM »

Oh yeah! Thanks! My memory is shot to hell.

Thanks Helper!
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 180

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »

To answer the ALJ question:

The 2016 earnings are not an issue.  It was only $80 & can be considered an Unsuccessful Work  Attempt.

I don't know how much the 2015 earning were.  My recommendation is to get a copy of your paycheck stub from your employer for the 2015 paychecks (if you don't already have it).  The paycheck stubs should shoe the breakdown of vacation, sick time, personal time, vs actual hours worked.  If the earnings are questioned, you will be able to show that you were not actually working to receive the money (since vacstion/sick/personal time etc does not count as actual work for SGA).  Otherwise, they might want to change your onset date to when you stopped receiving payments...not when you stopped work.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Atticus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »

I will see what i can get. it's kind of pain dealing with the government. And i had a nice contact person at my workplace, but i don't know if she is still there. I will contact HR to see what they can do. I don't really want to contact my local employer office because i don't want them in my business. I will try to get the number for Sacramento HR instead.

I do have a State service retirement award/certificate which shows my retirement date of 12/1/15. Do you think that should work?
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 207

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:23 AM »

If you are denied at Reconsideration, then speak with your rep about it.  Without knowing the amounts reported earned in 2015, it's impossible to say if it needs to be addressed or not.  If the adjudicator has questions s/he will ask you.  You would have received a W2 for both, correct?  Have you asked wife if she has copies?

How exactly did this come up, anyway? 
Atticus
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »

If you are denied at Reconsideration, then speak with your rep about it.  Without knowing the amounts reported earned in 2015, it's impossible to say if it needs to be addressed or not.  If the adjudicator has questions s/he will ask you.  You would have received a W2 for both, correct?  Have you asked wife if she has copies?

How exactly did this come up, anyway? 

I think i remember what happened now. I stopped working 11/14, but i was on SDI for a year. So they gave me my State service retirement award that has a retirement date of 12/1/15. Even though i was on SDI, I was still considered an employee. I think the State reported that i earned around $5,000.00 in 2015. So, i guess i don't know specifically what the 5k was for. I guess i can just tell them it was a payout for vacation or such. I didn't remember I had a little one day job at at Doggy Daycare center, i worked 4hours.

I will see if my wife can dig out the W-2. Thanks for your comments, and Helper too! I have bad memory problems, so i cam trying to get stuff ready in advance. I pray for a miracle that i am approved at the initial stage, but i am probably deluding myself. But, you never know, miracles do happen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196414
  • Total Topics: 19153
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 48
Total: 52

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc