Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 07:34:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Administrative Law Judge Hearings
| | |-+  Orlando, Florida Waiting Period...
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Orlando, Florida Waiting Period...  (Read 1025 times)
HusbandStillWaiting
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: March 24, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »

I have been searching on this website for years and never came across anyone that was from the Orlando area. I'd like to offer some info....since my husband filed on 6/1/14..he just had his ALJ hearing last week (3/2017). He was 1st denied, then denied at the reconsideration stage. Then he hired an attorney for help, since Orlando is soooooo backed up with cases, he was transferred to Tampa. He had his hearing in another county in north Florida, no where near Tampa. This is how backed up social security is with there hearing case load.

If you just filed and got denied...plan on waiting about 3+ years for resolution in this area. I can only hope this will all come to an end very soon for us as being out of work with no income from him, has been a struggle.

I hope this message reaches those in this area and helps you understand the true wait times. The times posted on the websites are out of date. It's not 24 or 28 months...it's more like 36 months +  

Good luck to you all SSA03

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:51:53 PM by Just Me »
mduncan12088
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

I desire to LIVE !!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 09:40:19 AM »

Hey there I can definitely feel your frustration. I'm in Broward county FL very close to you all. Has he received his decision as of yet ? I'm actually at the next step I'm fully favorable but now waiting for award letter. As of today its been 21 days at some processing center in Baltimore and they love to remind you it can take up to 60 DAYS .

Live like never before !!!!!
Name: Mduncan
Age at Application: 26
Disability: Multiple issues with Right Knee........Right Knee High grade chrondal loss in lateral femoral condyle and subchondral cystic changes Extensive high chondral loss along the patella and trochlear dyplasia Suprapatellar effusion with synovitis and probable loose intra articular debris Mild Pes Anserinus Bursitis
Date Applied: 01/29/2014
Hearing Date: 4/13/16 rescheduled, 9/29/2016 rescheduled, 1/11/2017 postponed, 2/6/2017 finally hearing for 15min approved ,
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved 3/15/17
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

Hey there I can definitely feel your frustration. I'm in Broward county FL very close to you all. Has he received his decision as of yet ? I'm actually at the next step I'm fully favorable but now waiting for award letter. As of today its been 21 days at some processing center in Baltimore and they love to remind you it can take up to 60 DAYS .

There is no reason to contact them before 60 or even 90 days.  Why are they needing to remind you of this?  You are just creating more work for an already overwhelmed system.
HusbandStillWaiting
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

No, no decision yet. 30 days from the hearing will be this week.
mduncan12088
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

I desire to LIVE !!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »

Hey there hows it going any update Huh?? I'm now seeing on my ssa web page that I am active and receiving but NO $$$amounts

Live like never before !!!!!
Name: Mduncan
Age at Application: 26
Disability: Multiple issues with Right Knee........Right Knee High grade chrondal loss in lateral femoral condyle and subchondral cystic changes Extensive high chondral loss along the patella and trochlear dyplasia Suprapatellar effusion with synovitis and probable loose intra articular debris Mild Pes Anserinus Bursitis
Date Applied: 01/29/2014
Hearing Date: 4/13/16 rescheduled, 9/29/2016 rescheduled, 1/11/2017 postponed, 2/6/2017 finally hearing for 15min approved ,
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved 3/15/17
HusbandStillWaiting
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »

No, no new update. Called ODAR the other day and was told it hasn't even been assigned to the Judge's team to look over yet. That's the next stage after the hearing. Then when the team looks it over, the Judge signs it if he approves.

I wonder if the person who answers the phone at Social Security ever needed to apply themselves, if they could wait 3+ years without any pay. When you call & ask them a question it's like they are doing you a favor to do their job which is to answer the phone and help us.

It's pathetic to have 100 Doc's state you are disabled and cannot work, yet...you have to prove you can't work in less than an hour in a stressful meeting (you waited years for) and hope the Judge is having a "good" day. I'm over this whole thing.

Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »

SS has tried to keep claimants better informed with access online, but it seems to have backfired and made claimants even less patient.  There is a hiring freeze. They were already understaffed. By the time a staff member can tell you anything, the website will be updated within a day or two anyway. You are creating more unnecessary work for a system that is already stressed.  60-90 days to receive a decision is not unusual.

I hope you're not serious about having evidence from 100 docs.  Approval requires quality of evidence, not quantity.  Having a doctor state you're disabled and can't work is not the info that SS needs to approve a claimant.

Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »

SS has tried to keep claimants better informed with access online, but it seems to have backfired and made claimants even less patient.  There is a hiring freeze. They were already understaffed. By the time a staff member can tell you anything, the website will be updated within a day or two anyway. You are creating more unnecessary work for a system that is already stressed.  60-90 days to receive a decision is not unusual.

I hope you're not serious about having evidence from 100 docs.  Approval requires quality of evidence, not quantity.  Having a doctor state you're disabled and can't work is not the info that SS needs to approve a claimant.

The President's Federal Hiring freeze was actually lifted on Wednesday.  However, some Federal agencies are still not hiring because they may have to cut their staff over the next 2 years & until the budget is approved & plans on how to reduce staff are complete this summer, they can't hire new employees.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:41:08 AM by Helper »
RNyorkiemom
~ Titanium ~

People helped 11

Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »

My understanding from my rep was ODAR and VA will be able to add people to their staff.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂
Name: Dee I
Age at Application: 40
Disability: Juvenal diabetes, scoliosis, chronic pain, kyphosis, spondolosis, tremors, muscle weaklness, anemia, contracture in hands feet, Hammer toe, acquired deformity ankle after surgery to remove necrotic tissue, peripheral neuropathy, h/o MRSA, recurrent cellulitis, ADHD, Depression, effective mood disorder, PTSD, anxiety, sever insomnia, charcot's arthopathy, pathological fractures in feet,
Date Applied: April 20, 14
First Approval/Denial Date: Initial denial 11/1/201 Hired a local attorney 12/6/14
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied June 6, 2015 only a 1/3 of medical obtained.
Date OTR requested: My first OTR request Sept 2015 denied and second OTR request in Sept 2016 after vision deminised to 140/20 L & 120/20 denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: very senator & congressman in my district. Senator Tom Tillis of NC office requestedDire Need status and it was excepted
Date Sent to VSU: NO
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: NO
Date Hearing Notice Received: Dire need status granted 10/28//16 hearing Feb 6, 2016
Hearing Date: February 6, 17 judge has 87% approval so keeping my fingers crossed.
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Medical Decison Made 4/10/17 ( 60 days post hearing was 4/8/17) awaiting award/denial letter and hoping to get befor my Bday!!
Date Award Letter Received: NA
Date Back Pay Received: NA
Date Dependent Benefits Received: No
Additional Info: My diabetes was stable until my auto accident that caused 3 puncture wounds that took 8 months to heal. I had surgery, 6 weeks of home IV therapy and 5 months of wound care and hyperbaric treatments.
Howudoinralphie
~ Bronze ~

People helped 6

"Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 10:49:48 PM »

I have been searching on this website for years and never came across anyone that was from the Orlando area. I'd like to offer some info....since my husband filed on 6/1/14..he just had his ALJ hearing last week (3/2017). He was 1st denied, then denied at the reconsideration stage. Then he hired an attorney for help, since Orlando is soooooo backed up with cases, he was transferred to Tampa. He had his hearing in another county in north Florida, no where near Tampa. This is how backed up social security is with there hearing case load.

If you just filed and got denied...plan on waiting about 3+ years for resolution in this area. I can only hope this will all come to an end very soon for us as being out of work with no income from him, has been a struggle.

I hope this message reaches those in this area and helps you understand the true wait times. The times posted on the websites are out of date. It's not 24 or 28 months...it's more like 36 months +  

Good luck to you all SSA03

Hey you have a new friend south of you in Broward/Palm Beach county....Any thing I can do to help you and your family just let me know. just PM me and I will give you my cell # to answer any questions about what my 7 yr experience was if it helps.

I just ended a 7 YR battle with the SSDI journey. 3 hearings with 2 different judges and 2 federal remands, I will back you up when you tell it like it is and that it is going to be a longer fight than expected. Some much quicker than others because every case is unique and you might get a compassionate ALJ who goes by the factual information and can understand real life issues and how to apply it to your case.

Fully favorable bench decision after 7yrs ......Grateful to the degree In which I will never take for granted...............

"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's
Name: Howudoinralphie
Age at Application: 39 yrs at app & 47 now
Disability: Shot in the Chest in the line of Duty, P.T.S.D. Right Center Lobectomy (Removal of right Lung) Chronic Depression, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
Date Applied: 8/13/2010
First Approval/Denial Date: 1-26-11 hearing
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 4-13-11 denial letter
Date OTR requested: appeal 5-11-12 federal remand
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: ANOTHER ALJ HEARING WITH SAME JUDGE ...Denied again by same judge
Date Hearing Notice Received: ANOTHER FEDERAL REMAND AND GRANTED A NEW JUDGE
Hearing Date: DECEMBER 7th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: APPROVED December 7th 2016 (bench decision in open court) received signed letter by judge (January 5th 2017)
Date Award Letter Received: Received letter 4/24/17 Info on amounts and attorneys fees inaccurate of mammoth proportions
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING DONT HAVE A DIME YET NOT EVEN FIRST MONTH
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nothing yet not ONE DIME no first month no backpay no gas money
Additional Info: 2 federal appeals with 2 remands and 3 times in front of 2 different judges. Finally given and granted an onset date of 1997
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200522
  • Total Topics: 19656
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 57
Total: 59

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc