Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 07:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  Annual earnings limit that triggers a flag for CDRs?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Annual earnings limit that triggers a flag for CDRs?  (Read 772 times)
tennis
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« on: April 05, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »

Just wondering if there is any truth to the rumors I've heard that there is some kind of annual earnings limit that, if exceeded, may trigger a flag for a CDR? I seem to recall hearing that if you earning more than say 6-8K a year, that it may trigger something to happen? I'm not talking about the monthly earnings for TWP and SGA. I remember this was specifically about annual earnings. Is this a problem only if you fail to report earnings (say you make $600 a month for 12 months and thus accumulate $7200 in annual earnings even though you never complete 1 TWP) and then SSA discovers the unreported earnings at some point the following year due to IRS matching records?
    And speaking of CDRs, is it true that you won't get the short-form mailer if your earnings exceed a certain threshold? If so, what's that limit? I am wondering what factors cause them to decide who gets a short form CDR mailer and who gets a full-blown medical CDR without first getting the short-form mailer? If wages are part of the factors they use in making this determination, what's the limit of the monthly and annual wages that could cause someone to get flagged for a full medical CDR who otherwise would only have gotten a short form mailer?
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »

If you work, even part time, you may receive a CDR.  You are required to report your wages, and not doing so may cause more serious problems than a CDR.

I personally think it is inappropriate to list exact amounts of earnings to help beneficiaries avoid CDR triggers. 
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »

Even 1 hour of work for minimum wage per month should be reported to SSA.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
tennis
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »

I think perhaps I did not explain my question clearly based on the 2 responses so far. So to clarify, I of course fully understand the necessity of wage reporting. I was simply asking out of curiosity if there is an amount of wages that would trigger a CDR or make a person more likely to get a full medical CDR as opposed to a work CDR? I did not even know whether or not there exists such a numerical threshold , which when exceeded, would cause such things to happen. But when you wrote that that it is inappropriate to "list exact amounts", are you suggesting that there is indeed such an exact amount which would have such an impact? If so, where can one find such an amount? I am not asking to try to avoid CDRs - I am asking out of curiosity. Obviously, there is no secret to what the amount of money is that triggers TWPs and SGA. So I am curious to know why there appears to be less transparency for the amount of this issue (if in fact such a dollar amount even exists, which I'm still not sure if it does or not).
BRBB
~ Platinum ~

People helped 64

When life gives you minnows - be a Walleye

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »

To answer your specific question: No, there are not specific amounts that can be applied to all ssdi recipients which will automatically trigger a cdr.

There are generalizations around income amounts that will trigger a cdr. However, there are many other contributing factors that are considered along with income.

Take my example. I've been working part time for 3+ years, earning close to SGA. I've used up all my twp months. I was approved initially for cardiovascular issues. They will never improve. The best I can hope for is that the heart issues stays static, and doesn't worsen. SSA takes that fact into consideration.....along with my age (turn 63 in Oct).....and......all the other health issues I face.
Now.....someone who is much younger, with the possibility of improvement, is going to be looked at with a much more powerful microscope than I am looked at with. Just a fact.

As most people on ssdi have learned, it is not a "one size fits all" program. That is why there is not a benchmark dollar figure out there.

Best of luck,

Philip
Name: Philip
Age at Application: 58 when applied / 62 now
Disability: heart attack, coronary artery disease, sensory stroke, knee damage, hypertension, high cholesterol, insomnia, depression, bone spurs in heels, arthritis in both hands
Date Applied: May, 2013
First Approval/Denial Date: Approved 10/11/2013
Date Award Letter Received: 11/2013
Date Back Pay Received: All back pay received 11/2013
Additional Info: Applied without using an attorney or an advocate
steve
~ Silver ~

People helped 4

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »

Hi Tennis,The short forms that you are reffering to are usually sent to people who's disabling condition isn't likely to Improve...If social Security sends you a short form to fill out they are not expecting any medical improvement in your case..I just completed another short form review...I sent it in in October and just received a letter today from social security that they don't need to review my case and will not contact my doctor now...This is the standard letter that most people receive after they have sent in there short form mailer....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200522
  • Total Topics: 19656
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 60
Total: 62

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc