Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  The Winners Circle
| | |-+  Hey there all !!! Approved 3/15/17 and now waiting
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Hey there all !!! Approved 3/15/17 and now waiting  (Read 1140 times)
mduncan12088
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

I desire to LIVE !!!!!!

« on: April 07, 2017, 09:51:03 AM »

I was approved 3/15/17 I was informed that my case was electronic so a lot of these different departments get your info the very next day, for e.g. My approval letter stated 3/15/17 and I called local SSA office and they said my case was at processing center since 3/16/17 this was interesting!

Anywho I'm located in South Florida and I'm wondering has anyone been approved in 2017 and received any cash? if so what stage were you at  initial app, reconsideration, or hearing ? Bless us with a time line please !!!!! Check out my introduction I have full timeline there of my case . God Bless!!! Main05

Live like never before !!!!!
Name: Mduncan
Age at Application: 26
Disability: Multiple issues with Right Knee........Right Knee High grade chrondal loss in lateral femoral condyle and subchondral cystic changes Extensive high chondral loss along the patella and trochlear dyplasia Suprapatellar effusion with synovitis and probable loose intra articular debris Mild Pes Anserinus Bursitis
Date Applied: 01/29/2014
Hearing Date: 4/13/16 rescheduled, 9/29/2016 rescheduled, 1/11/2017 postponed, 2/6/2017 finally hearing for 15min approved ,
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved 3/15/17
emto3
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »

I was approved Feb 24th after my hearing in Oct 25th 2016. I received my decision letter March 4th.  March 17th the website finally updated with my approval.  March 18 the website had my back pay amounts and it was deposited into my account March 21.  I applied for my kids benefits this past Monday and on Tuesday their backpay was deposited.
Age at Application: 35.
Disability: Sjögrens, Lupus, RA, Renal Tubular Acidosis, Medullary Sponge Kidney. Basically I am in pain daily from passing 25+ kidney stones a month, on top of the chronic fatigue and brain fog
Date Applied: April 2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Oct 2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied Dec 2014
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: Jen 2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: July 2016
Hearing Date: Oct 25 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Feb. 24th 2017. Received decision letter March 4th.
Date Award Letter Received: March 28, 2017- received 8 days after backpay.
Date Back Pay Received: March 20th
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Appointment at my local SSA April 3rd 2017, backpay deposited the next day.
Additional Info: I waited 4 months from my hearing to my decision, but I got my backpay 16 days after my decision letter. I also signed my kids up for their benefits and the next day their backpay was deposited. I am floored at the speed of that.
joneyrd0114
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:29:57 PM »

Emto3, I hope i'm not overstepping my boundaries or being too nosey but I do have a question. I was approved verbally by the judge during my hearing on March 14 and as of now, my claim is in editing. I too have kids that will get back pay and I know that I have to go and complete an auxiliary claim for them but was your children's back pay half of yours or was it based on their eligible amount? I've heard so many tales of how back pay for kids is calculated and just wanted to know. Also, did you already have direct deposit set up or did you get you pack pay on Direct Express? Do they even allow back pay to go on Direct Express. I don't have anything in place yet and was wondering if I should go ahead and open an account or wait for them to contact me about it. Any advice would be greatly accepted.  Happy21
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 198

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:46:53 PM »

Emto3, I hope i'm not overstepping my boundaries or being too nosey but I do have a question. I was approved verbally by the judge during my hearing on March 14 and as of now, my claim is in editing. I too have kids that will get back pay and I know that I have to go and complete an auxiliary claim for them but was your children's back pay half of yours or was it based on their eligible amount? I've heard so many tales of how back pay for kids is calculated and just wanted to know. Also, did you already have direct deposit set up or did you get you pack pay on Direct Express? Do they even allow back pay to go on Direct Express. I don't have anything in place yet and was wondering if I should go ahead and open an account or wait for them to contact me about it. Any advice would be greatly accepted.  Happy21

Your children's payment is 50% of your payment, divided between all eligible children.  So, if your monthly payment is $1,000, then 1 child would get $500 but 2 kids would get $250/each.  However, there is also a family maximum; particularly if you have low earnings or are very young, your children may get less than 50%.  https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/familymax.html
Make sure you read the special rules for disabled worker's https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/dibfamilymax.html
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Howudoinralphie
~ Bronze ~

People helped 6

"Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »

I was approved 3/15/17 I was informed that my case was electronic so a lot of these different departments get your info the very next day, for e.g. My approval letter stated 3/15/17 and I called local SSA office and they said my case was at processing center since 3/16/17 this was interesting!

Anywho I'm located in South Florida and I'm wondering has anyone been approved in 2017 and received any cash? if so what stage were you at  initial app, reconsideration, or hearing ? Bless us with a time line please !!!!! Check out my introduction I have full timeline there of my case . God Bless!!! Main05

YEP, HELLO FROM BROWARD COUNTY

APPROVED JANUARY 5th STILL WAITING FOR DIME ONE. Its 7yrs worth of back pay, I understand anything over 40,000$ requires 3 signatures and i know its going to take 3 or 4 months....My concern is I still haven't received my monthly payment....Nothing! at least my online SSA profile did update and say finally that I'm receiving disability but no payment dates yet...Im out of the money I borrowed to survive and getting worried....

"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's
Name: Howudoinralphie
Age at Application: 39 yrs at app & 47 now
Disability: Shot in the Chest in the line of Duty, P.T.S.D. Right Center Lobectomy (Removal of right Lung) Chronic Depression, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
Date Applied: 8/13/2010
First Approval/Denial Date: 1-26-11 hearing
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 4-13-11 denial letter
Date OTR requested: appeal 5-11-12 federal remand
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: ANOTHER ALJ HEARING WITH SAME JUDGE ...Denied again by same judge
Date Hearing Notice Received: ANOTHER FEDERAL REMAND AND GRANTED A NEW JUDGE
Hearing Date: DECEMBER 7th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: APPROVED December 7th 2016 (bench decision in open court) received signed letter by judge (January 5th 2017)
Date Award Letter Received: Received letter 4/24/17 Info on amounts and attorneys fees inaccurate of mammoth proportions
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING DONT HAVE A DIME YET NOT EVEN FIRST MONTH
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nothing yet not ONE DIME no first month no backpay no gas money
Additional Info: 2 federal appeals with 2 remands and 3 times in front of 2 different judges. Finally given and granted an onset date of 1997
mduncan12088
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

I desire to LIVE !!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »

*Update * 

I received my sons back pay ( April 18 )  but not mine !!!!  .

My lawyer has been paid since April 11 and my first payment is May 17 but no back pay .  Main02

Live like never before !!!!!
Name: Mduncan
Age at Application: 26
Disability: Multiple issues with Right Knee........Right Knee High grade chrondal loss in lateral femoral condyle and subchondral cystic changes Extensive high chondral loss along the patella and trochlear dyplasia Suprapatellar effusion with synovitis and probable loose intra articular debris Mild Pes Anserinus Bursitis
Date Applied: 01/29/2014
Hearing Date: 4/13/16 rescheduled, 9/29/2016 rescheduled, 1/11/2017 postponed, 2/6/2017 finally hearing for 15min approved ,
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: approved 3/15/17
RNyorkiemom
~ Titanium ~

People helped 11

Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 09:48:20 AM »

That seems like a really long wait miy back pay was issued in a little under 30 days of my decision. Letter and my first payment will be starting in May.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂
Name: Dee I
Age at Application: 40
Disability: Juvenal diabetes, scoliosis, chronic pain, kyphosis, spondolosis, tremors, muscle weaklness, anemia, contracture in hands feet, Hammer toe, acquired deformity ankle after surgery to remove necrotic tissue, peripheral neuropathy, h/o MRSA, recurrent cellulitis, ADHD, Depression, effective mood disorder, PTSD, anxiety, sever insomnia, charcot's arthopathy, pathological fractures in feet,
Date Applied: April 20, 14
First Approval/Denial Date: Initial denial 11/1/201 Hired a local attorney 12/6/14
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied June 6, 2015 only a 1/3 of medical obtained.
Date OTR requested: My first OTR request Sept 2015 denied and second OTR request in Sept 2016 after vision deminised to 140/20 L & 120/20 denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: very senator & congressman in my district. Senator Tom Tillis of NC office requestedDire Need status and it was excepted
Date Sent to VSU: NO
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: NO
Date Hearing Notice Received: Dire need status granted 10/28//16 hearing Feb 6, 2016
Hearing Date: February 6, 17 judge has 87% approval so keeping my fingers crossed.
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Medical Decison Made 4/10/17 ( 60 days post hearing was 4/8/17) awaiting award/denial letter and hoping to get befor my Bday!!
Date Award Letter Received: NA
Date Back Pay Received: NA
Date Dependent Benefits Received: No
Additional Info: My diabetes was stable until my auto accident that caused 3 puncture wounds that took 8 months to heal. I had surgery, 6 weeks of home IV therapy and 5 months of wound care and hyperbaric treatments.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 9612
  • Latest: lorlugo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198765
  • Total Topics: 19471
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 51
Total: 56

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc