Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 09:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Administrative Law Judge Hearings
| | |-+  What did you bring to the hearing?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: What did you bring to the hearing?  (Read 621 times)
Mjwhite1
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« on: April 13, 2017, 11:53:57 PM »

I have everything on hand, RFCs, emails from the EDD, my own timeline of how everything went down, medication lists, workers comp files, and some medical records printed (although my main medical file is over 2000 pages)

I found out this week that they hadn't received updated medical records and I had ordered a copy so I was able to submit the 2000 page file for the judge to see this years records, so that came in handy.

Did you bring anything with you as a backup or go empty handed?
Name: Melanie
Age at Application: 33
Disability: Bi-Lateral DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis (possible misdiagnosis for chronic wrist and hand pain in both hands), depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 10/02/13
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 1/14/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied 4/10/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 12/05/2016
Hearing Date: 4/17/17
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied 5/5/17 (told by phone 5/10/17)
Additional Info: Appealed with Appeals council 7/21/17 -
SFVLance
~ Platinum ~

People helped 14

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 12:02:44 AM »

I went basically empty-handed to my first hearing, there were a couple of documents and photos I brought that weren't needed. I had already verified that all my medical and relevant employment records, plus any correspondence with SSDI was already scanned and on file.

Second hearing, my lawyer had everything including any docs from SSDI/ODAR up through that morning.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 32

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:26:42 AM »

I went pretty much went empty handed except for my journal that I started using on a daily basis so I had with me if needed.  Good luck to you.

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
LNR
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:59:44 PM »

I had a full file with all of my records just in case, but the most important piece for me was a summary I had put together with the following: List of medications, work history for the last 15-20 years, major job responsibilities, and history of illness before and after stopping work. My brain felt like it turned to mush once I was in front of the judge, so I was happy to have the summary with all the important dates, etc. to keep me on track, especially since I was going back over a number of years.
Age at Application: 58
Date Applied: October 2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied: December 2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied: February 2015
Date Hearing Notice Received: December 2016
Hearing Date: January 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Approved: February 2017
Date Award Letter Received: March 2017
Date Back Pay Received: February 2017
Additional Info: First Monthly Payment: March 2017
Mjwhite1
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 10:43:49 PM »

I had a full file with all of my records just in case, but the most important piece for me was a summary I had put together with the following: List of medications, work history for the last 15-20 years, major job responsibilities, and history of illness before and after stopping work. My brain felt like it turned to mush once I was in front of the judge, so I was happy to have the summary with all the important dates, etc. to keep me on track, especially since I was going back over a number of years.

That is helpful. Thanks! I guess I will leave the records to the attorney and judge and I will do the same, bring a summary in case I forget everything.
Name: Melanie
Age at Application: 33
Disability: Bi-Lateral DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis (possible misdiagnosis for chronic wrist and hand pain in both hands), depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 10/02/13
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 1/14/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied 4/10/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 12/05/2016
Hearing Date: 4/17/17
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied 5/5/17 (told by phone 5/10/17)
Additional Info: Appealed with Appeals council 7/21/17 -
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »

That is helpful. Thanks! I guess I will leave the records to the attorney and judge and I will do the same, bring a summary in case I forget everything.

If you have an attorney, ask him her if you should bring a summary or not. 
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 600

Nice Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »

The ALJ will make his,decision based on medical and non medical evidence and SSA Laws. Anything you say. forms you fill out, etc is non medical evidence.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
Howudoinralphie
~ Bronze ~

People helped 6

"Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »

Well, The first ALJ hearing I went in with almost 20 lbs of medical documents that spanned almost 20 yrs and a non attorney representative that was put in charge of presenting a case to the judge. I had that and the naive belief that once anyone hears this testimony or reads the reports that It should be a slam dunk....... 

HOLY CHRIST WAS I WRONG

Two more hearings and 2 federal remands I was granted one more ALJ hearing 7 yrs later.

THIS TIME I WENT IN WITH THE CHECHEN ARMY and RUSSIAN armed MILITIA  (its how i felt anyway) AND my Treating psychologist who offered to testify in live open court and give her expert diagnosis to my conditions & evidence to why I do in fact qualify and meet the requirements for SSDI in the 7 yrs she has been treating me.
That , and was ready to answer any question the judge asked. It turns out I could barely speak a word in between my emotional breakdowns and 2 10 minute breaks to try and compose myself enough not to pass out while telling my story....This was my last chance and I wasn't going out without a bloodbath.........I broke down instead....
the ALJ's compassion and ability to look at the evidence in the case and not his own opinions......NEVER GIVE UP ......

"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's
Name: Howudoinralphie
Age at Application: 39 yrs at app & 47 now
Disability: Shot in the Chest in the line of Duty, P.T.S.D. Right Center Lobectomy (Removal of right Lung) Chronic Depression, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
Date Applied: 8/13/2010
First Approval/Denial Date: 1-26-11 hearing
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 4-13-11 denial letter
Date OTR requested: appeal 5-11-12 federal remand
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: ANOTHER ALJ HEARING WITH SAME JUDGE ...Denied again by same judge
Date Hearing Notice Received: ANOTHER FEDERAL REMAND AND GRANTED A NEW JUDGE
Hearing Date: DECEMBER 7th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: APPROVED December 7th 2016 (bench decision in open court) received signed letter by judge (January 5th 2017)
Date Award Letter Received: Received letter 4/24/17 Info on amounts and attorneys fees inaccurate of mammoth proportions
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING DONT HAVE A DIME YET NOT EVEN FIRST MONTH
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nothing yet not ONE DIME no first month no backpay no gas money
Additional Info: 2 federal appeals with 2 remands and 3 times in front of 2 different judges. Finally given and granted an onset date of 1997
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200524
  • Total Topics: 19656
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 64
Total: 68

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc