Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2017, 10:21:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  The Winners Circle
| | |-+  12 PLUS YEARS OF FIGHTING. FULLY FAVORABLE !!!!!!
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: 12 PLUS YEARS OF FIGHTING. FULLY FAVORABLE !!!!!!  (Read 899 times)
sodone
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« on: April 15, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »

Finally
 Filed 11/2004.   8 hearings, 7 appeal court remands 1 federal court remand, all on the initial case. fully favorable.
hearing 12/2016.
            2/2017 judge offered change of onset date.   agreed  (lost 2 years of back pay)
             4/17  fully favorable letter received.

10 years of back pay.

so for all of you out there don't ever give up. 

i will update more later.

im sure I will be waiting a long time for back pay but thats ok. just glad its over.

good luck to all !!!!!!

Name: chris
Age at Application: 34 (age now 45)
Disability: fibromyalgia,chronic lyme,.chronic fatigue,polyarthritis,apnea, hypertension,anxiety,vertigo,depression,torn hip labrum(from arthritis)
Date Applied: nov 2004 10 years this nov
First Approval/Denial Date: 2005
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: went to quality review, denied 2006
Date OTR requested: 6/2006 hearing,12/06 remand-2nd hearing 4/07
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: remand 4/208 3rd hearing 7/08-remand
Date Sent to VSU: 4th hearing 6/11 remand 1/2013
Date Hearing Notice Received: april 2013
Hearing Date: 5 hearing and 4 remands in 10 years
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: denied 5th hearing 5/13,1/14 denied in ac
Date Award Letter Received: 5/14 federal ct/ 8/14 remand from federal ct
Additional Info: remanded by appeals council 4x had 3 different judges
SFVLance
~ Titanium ~

People helped 6

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:58:48 AM »

That is GREAT NEWS!!!

Celebrate13 Celebrate13 Celebrate13

Of course I'm sorry it took so long, that is a shame.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.
RNyorkiemom
~ Titanium ~

People helped 9

Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »

Cheers!!   I will celebrate with you I received my written decision in the mail today. Mine was fully favorable going back to 10/2013.  I agree you can never give up.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂
Name: Dee I
Age at Application: 40
Disability: Juvenal diabetes, scoliosis, chronic pain, kyphosis, spondolosis, tremors, muscle weaklness, anemia, contracture in hands feet, Hammer toe, acquired deformity ankle after surgery to remove necrotic tissue, peripheral neuropathy, h/o MRSA, recurrent cellulitis, ADHD, Depression, effective mood disorder, PTSD, anxiety, sever insomnia, charcot's arthopathy, pathological fractures in feet,
Date Applied: April 20, 14
First Approval/Denial Date: Initial denial 11/1/201 Hired a local attorney 12/6/14
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied June 6, 2015 only a 1/3 of medical obtained.
Date OTR requested: My first OTR request Sept 2015 denied and second OTR request in Sept 2016 after vision deminised to 140/20 L & 120/20 denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: very senator & congressman in my district. Senator Tom Tillis of NC office requestedDire Need status and it was excepted
Date Sent to VSU: NO
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: NO
Date Hearing Notice Received: Dire need status granted 10/28//16 hearing Feb 6, 2016
Hearing Date: February 6, 17 judge has 87% approval so keeping my fingers crossed.
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Medical Decison Made 4/10/17 ( 60 days post hearing was 4/8/17) awaiting award/denial letter and hoping to get befor my Bday!!
Date Award Letter Received: NA
Date Back Pay Received: NA
Date Dependent Benefits Received: No
Additional Info: My diabetes was stable until my auto accident that caused 3 puncture wounds that took 8 months to heal. I had surgery, 6 weeks of home IV therapy and 5 months of wound care and hyperbaric treatments.
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 27

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »

Congrat sodone I'm sure this story will be helpful to many. Hopefully Glyn read this one.

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
anxiety45
SSDFacts Supporter
~ Gold ~

People helped 11

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 10:23:52 AM »

Chris,

Wow, I am amazed that you stuck it out as long as you did, Congrats!!!
 Kudos03 Kudos04 Kudos02
Name: anxiety45
Date Applied: 4/2016
First Approval/Denial Date: 7/2016 - Approved
Howudoinralphie
~ Bronze ~

People helped 5

"Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:31:08 PM »

Finally
 Filed 11/2004.   8 hearings, 7 appeal court remands 1 federal court remand, all on the initial case. fully favorable.
hearing 12/2016.
            2/2017 judge offered change of onset date.   agreed  (lost 2 years of back pay)
             4/17  fully favorable letter received.

10 years of back pay.

so for all of you out there don't ever give up. 

i will update more later.

I'm sure I will be waiting a long time for back pay but that's OK. just glad its over.

good luck to all !!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR POST THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT MY FRIEND!!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP......JUST DO IT!!!!!! WOW I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

You and I have something in common.

....WE NEVER GAVE UP after My 7 yr fight I had gone through multiple process denials and 3 ALJ hearings with 2 different judges. 2 federal remands YEP I SAID 2.....I finally found an ALJ that APPLIED  the FACTS of the case and not cherry pick what he liked and didn't. The federal remand #2 judicial findings stated that "there was an obvious lack of UNDERSTANDING OF criteria and ability to apply factual evidence" .... received a new judge with my 3rd hearing....My god he gave me a FULLY FAVORABLE bench decision and they had to carry me out of the hearing room because I had a complete emotional meltdown right there in the courtroom...I HAD TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE SECURITY OFFICERS .....I let out 7+years of EMOTIONAL hell and I had every right to in my book! I was told that the occupational assessment person stationed in that hearing was crying as well. I was then told by my attorney and my Psychiatrist (who testified in open court for me) that the judge himself said that there was "no reason in god's name to have put this man through this".  THEN HE GAVE ME AN ONSET DATE OF 1997 ......19 yrs! Of Course we all know that the back pay for me only goes to one year prior to the filing date, but that is almost 8 yrs of backpay that I didn't expect and am eternally grateful for and will never take this experience for granted .....NEVER EVER ..... Main16 DONT EVER GIVE UP

"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's
Name: Howudoinralphie
Age at Application: 39 yrs at app & 47 now
Disability: Shot in the Chest in the line of Duty, P.T.S.D. Right Center Lobectomy (Removal of right Lung) Chronic Depression, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
Date Applied: 8/13/2010
First Approval/Denial Date: 1-26-11 hearing
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 4-13-11 denial letter
Date OTR requested: appeal 5-11-12 federal remand
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: ANOTHER ALJ HEARING WITH SAME JUDGE ...Denied again by same judge
Date Hearing Notice Received: ANOTHER FEDERAL REMAND AND GRANTED A NEW JUDGE
Hearing Date: DECEMBER 7th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: APPROVED December 7th 2016 (bench decision in open court) received signed letter by judge (January 5th 2017)
Date Award Letter Received: Received letter 4/24/17 Info on amounts and attorneys fees inaccurate of mammoth proportions
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING DONT HAVE A DIME YET NOT EVEN FIRST MONTH
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nothing yet not ONE DIME no first month no backpay no gas money
Additional Info: 2 federal appeals with 2 remands and 3 times in front of 2 different judges. Finally given and granted an onset date of 1997
katsmith
~ Titanium ~

People helped 7

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:07:26 PM »

Hate me if you want but this seems so wrong. If it took 12 plus years to find you disabled, how disabled could you have been? I don't get it, I really don't. I also think back pay should be limited so windfalls don't happen. I truly don't get it.

Kat
Age at Application: 51
Date Applied: 11-22-11
First Approval/Denial Date: 3-22-12 Denial
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 6-14-12 Approved
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 217

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:25:58 PM »

Hate me if you want but this seems so wrong. If it took 12 plus years to find you disabled, how disabled could you have been? I don't get it, I really don't. I also think back pay should be limited so windfalls don't happen. I truly don't get it.

Unless you've reviewed a claimant's file it is impossible to judge.  There truly are outlier ALJ's that have too low of approval ratings, as well as those with too high of approval ratings.  The system is setup to reward attorneys for delaying the process, and some are frankly just bad or lazy.  CE's can be highly inaccurate.  Some ME's are strangely biased.  And keep in mind that there are some impairments that are rarely approved the ALJ stage.  

People lose everything they've built over a lifetime. Backpay can help recover some of that, but it isn't like winning the lotto.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 01:12:45 PM by newdawn »
Frenchfry
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

Wow!!!! Congratulations!
What a journey, and you stuck it through!
What gave you the drive to keep fighting?

I was approved (after an initial denial, than a AJL hearing) 2.5 years from when I applied, and that wait felt like foreverrrrr.

Enjoy the mighty big chunk of backpay
sodone
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »

at Kat.  really!!!  I was actually approved on my initial application.  went to quality review and was denied from there. i would say 8 years was just waiting to get scheduled. cancelled hearings.  rescheduled hearings from remand from fed court was 3 year wait.  Lowest approval rate judges.  Missing audio tapes from hearing.  Delays delays delays. its crazy what they do to people.  And again don't you dare judge anybody when you have NO CLUE.
Disability: fibromyalgia,chronic lyme,.chronic fatigue,polyarthritis,apnea, hypertension,anxiety,vertigo,depression,torn hip labrum(from arthritis)
katsmith
~ Titanium ~

People helped 7

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:55:49 PM »

I have several clues.

Kat
Age at Application: 51
Date Applied: 11-22-11
First Approval/Denial Date: 3-22-12 Denial
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 6-14-12 Approved
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 217

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »

There is no reason to snipe at one another.

BTW, it is a common practice for some attorneys to drop their clients when assigned certain ALJ's, which is pretty telling.

Howudoinralphie
~ Bronze ~

People helped 5

"Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »

Wow! ....Really? I'm at a loss for words. The facts are that the system WE pay into has some serious issues as well as attributes and or accolades. Biased judges, overwhelmed system, underpaid and unappreciated staff, biases, and or pitfalls etc...etc...This is where the federal appeals court comes in to play. 4 of my almost 7 yrs of my fight was WAITING.....and waiting......and more waiting with no help from anyone...And Yes I am really truly disabled.....That's HOW DISABLED I am. Your comment was uncalled for and hurtful to those in the fight. Do your homework before lashing out at others please....... It will make your case more palatable

"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's
Name: Howudoinralphie
Age at Application: 39 yrs at app & 47 now
Disability: Shot in the Chest in the line of Duty, P.T.S.D. Right Center Lobectomy (Removal of right Lung) Chronic Depression, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
Date Applied: 8/13/2010
First Approval/Denial Date: 1-26-11 hearing
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 4-13-11 denial letter
Date OTR requested: appeal 5-11-12 federal remand
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: ANOTHER ALJ HEARING WITH SAME JUDGE ...Denied again by same judge
Date Hearing Notice Received: ANOTHER FEDERAL REMAND AND GRANTED A NEW JUDGE
Hearing Date: DECEMBER 7th 2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: APPROVED December 7th 2016 (bench decision in open court) received signed letter by judge (January 5th 2017)
Date Award Letter Received: Received letter 4/24/17 Info on amounts and attorneys fees inaccurate of mammoth proportions
Date Back Pay Received: STILL WAITING DONT HAVE A DIME YET NOT EVEN FIRST MONTH
Date Dependent Benefits Received: Nothing yet not ONE DIME no first month no backpay no gas money
Additional Info: 2 federal appeals with 2 remands and 3 times in front of 2 different judges. Finally given and granted an onset date of 1997
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 27

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »

howudoingralphie.  Kudos04 Kudos04

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:41:37 AM by grove800 »
sodone
~ Bronze ~

People helped 2

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »

howudoingralphie
  well said.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197390
  • Total Topics: 19280
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 55
Total: 56

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc