Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2017, 12:27:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Administrative Law Judge Hearings
| | |-+  Last question for now...
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Last question for now...  (Read 282 times)
Mjwhite1
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

« on: April 17, 2017, 09:39:00 PM »

The medical expert inquired about injuries I have no knowledge of. Is this a trick?

He asked about a ct scan I had, as well as a sprained ankle. I explained the ct scan was for a kidney stone, and then he asked about my past surgeries around my spleen and a broken rib that the ct scan revealed. I explained the sprained ankle, but have never heard anything about my spleen or ribs. I would think I would remember a broken rib right? I searched my copies of my medical record and can't find anything. He also said the ct scan was 2016 and it was 2015. Did he make it up to see if I would play along?

Granted, I did forget to mention the sprained ankle, but when he mentioned it, I remembered immediately.
Name: Melanie
Age at Application: 33
Disability: Bi-Lateral DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis (possible misdiagnosis for chronic wrist and hand pain in both hands), depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 10/02/13
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 1/14/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied 4/10/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 12/05/2016
Hearing Date: 4/17/17
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Unknown Decision made 5/5/17 - waiting for letter
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 198

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:46:29 PM »

Well, it is possible that someone else's records got mixed in with yours. 

Sometimes x-rays & CT scans can show historic fractures - so a bone that was broken at some point in the past but has since healed.  So, if you had a healed rib fracture on the CT scan report, no one would bother mentioning it to you at the time of the scan because it was healed & unrelated to why you were getting the test.  A single rib fracture is extremely unlikely to meet SSA definition of disability anyway.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Mjwhite1
~ Bronze ~

People helped 0

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »

Well, it is possible that someone else's records got mixed in with yours. 

Sometimes x-rays & CT scans can show historic fractures - so a bone that was broken at some point in the past but has since healed.  So, if you had a healed rib fracture on the CT scan report, no one would bother mentioning it to you at the time of the scan because it was healed & unrelated to why you were getting the test.  A single rib fracture is extremely unlikely to meet SSA definition of disability anyway.

Thanks. I was just curious if it was a trick or if I really had an injury that I have never known about.
Name: Melanie
Age at Application: 33
Disability: Bi-Lateral DeQuervain's Tenosynovitis (possible misdiagnosis for chronic wrist and hand pain in both hands), depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 10/02/13
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied 1/14/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied 4/10/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 12/05/2016
Hearing Date: 4/17/17
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Unknown Decision made 5/5/17 - waiting for letter
RNyorkiemom
~ Titanium ~

People helped 11

Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »

I had the same issue T initial and recon. I had conditions that were not mine and they also had mispellings of actual conditions I do have. 

It is a screwed up mess.  You have peple who rush and in my option rubber stamp cases. What I learned is DDS have the proper way to process things and then that DDS office practices for cases.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂
Name: Dee I
Age at Application: 40
Disability: Juvenal diabetes, scoliosis, chronic pain, kyphosis, spondolosis, tremors, muscle weaklness, anemia, contracture in hands feet, Hammer toe, acquired deformity ankle after surgery to remove necrotic tissue, peripheral neuropathy, h/o MRSA, recurrent cellulitis, ADHD, Depression, effective mood disorder, PTSD, anxiety, sever insomnia, charcot's arthopathy, pathological fractures in feet,
Date Applied: April 20, 14
First Approval/Denial Date: Initial denial 11/1/201 Hired a local attorney 12/6/14
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied June 6, 2015 only a 1/3 of medical obtained.
Date OTR requested: My first OTR request Sept 2015 denied and second OTR request in Sept 2016 after vision deminised to 140/20 L & 120/20 denied
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: very senator & congressman in my district. Senator Tom Tillis of NC office requestedDire Need status and it was excepted
Date Sent to VSU: NO
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: NO
Date Hearing Notice Received: Dire need status granted 10/28//16 hearing Feb 6, 2016
Hearing Date: February 6, 17 judge has 87% approval so keeping my fingers crossed.
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Medical Decison Made 4/10/17 ( 60 days post hearing was 4/8/17) awaiting award/denial letter and hoping to get befor my Bday!!
Date Award Letter Received: NA
Date Back Pay Received: NA
Date Dependent Benefits Received: No
Additional Info: My diabetes was stable until my auto accident that caused 3 puncture wounds that took 8 months to heal. I had surgery, 6 weeks of home IV therapy and 5 months of wound care and hyperbaric treatments.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 9612
  • Latest: lorlugo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198765
  • Total Topics: 19471
  • Online Today: 74
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 50
Total: 56

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc