Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2017, 09:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Helpful SSDI and SSI Topics
| |-+  General Disability Discussion
| | |-+  When can evidence be/not be added? Can it be added if file is in Appeals Council
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: When can evidence be/not be added? Can it be added if file is in Appeals Council  (Read 268 times)
KM
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« on: April 19, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »

I got a call from SSA as it appears my Senator ruffled them a bit. For the first time someone was able to verify my case is sitting in AC and has been since late last year. I recently had some new evidence. Can it be used at this stage or would I have to wait for it to leave appeals in the hopes of a remand? (My lawyer was sent this question in email. I expect to possibly hear from her a week after being final denied) I asked the caller to make any notes possible of my new evidence in hopes of someone actually paying attention as well as my recent dire needs issues. I know the dire needs must have proper paperwork, but I took an opportunity to hopefully have something noted in their system. She was either rattling a bag of marbles or very busy typing as we spoke, so...
Name: KM
Age at Application: 48
Disability: Spastic Paraparesis/Paraplegia SPG4 aka SPAST, Arthrosis of both knees including loose bone fragments (mild/moderate), Arthritis in upper and lower spine (moderate), degenerative joint disease in shoulders
Date Applied: Early 2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denial 9-2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Still searching records
Date Hearing Notice Received: 7-2016?
Hearing Date: 8-2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denial 10-2016
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

Many factors are involved whether or not new evidence will be considered, and when. 

Your evidence must prove you qualify prior to your Date Last Insured (DLI) and preferably at your Alleged Onset Date (AOD). 

Even with a remand, the AC can order the ALJ to focus to a specific technical error/s, or they can order a full new hearing.

Sometimes new evidence submitted after an ALJ hearing will only become a factor if the case proceeds to federal court, but you should still submit asap, regardless.

KM
~ Bronze ~

People helped 1

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »

The evidence in question is the test which revealed SPG4, which shows I was born with a specific disorder versus the generic Spastic Paraparesis which has been on record since the early 2000s. My DLI is still a ways in the future. I may be able to present another test to confirm a recently suspected enzyme deficiency which hasn't been previously diagnosed, but plays a huge part in my lack of response to pain medication related to joint issues, muscle pain, and other ailments on file for many years past which has been a problem with no answers until recently. Whether I beg to come up with the money to pay for this hinges on whether it could be admitted.
Name: KM
Age at Application: 48
Disability: Spastic Paraparesis/Paraplegia SPG4 aka SPAST, Arthrosis of both knees including loose bone fragments (mild/moderate), Arthritis in upper and lower spine (moderate), degenerative joint disease in shoulders
Date Applied: Early 2014
First Approval/Denial Date: Denial 9-2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Still searching records
Date Hearing Notice Received: 7-2016?
Hearing Date: 8-2016
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denial 10-2016
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 600

Nice Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »

Dire need won't have any affect at this stage. At other stages, it is best to send proof of the Dire Need situation you are claiming. Sometimes it might speed a hearing up a little. But, not always. Dire Need has no affect on the outcome of a case. It usually takes 2 years for the appeal council. If remanded and a hearing has to be held, it will take time for it to be scheduled. It doesn't take as long for a remand hearing as it did for the first one.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200524
  • Total Topics: 19656
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 53
Total: 56

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc