Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  First Payment, Back Pay and Beyond
| | |-+  Payments Suspended
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Payments Suspended  (Read 250 times)
Kjohns5
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »

You receive the letter you have been waiting for 2 years... "approval" only to later find that SSA has suspended payments.  Case was set to review for representative payee.  My husband is disabled.  We went to SSA, appointed me as his payee, and were told the system would be updated in the next day or so.   A week later it still shows he is suspended.  I call the local office today to find out the case is held up at the payment center and has to go through their process.  "they are short staffed,"  blah, blah, blah.  Needless to say we will have to continue to wait for any money.  Does anyone have any experience with this happening and can give us some hope?  We are in desperate need of having bills paid off, house payments caught up, and a new vehicle.  Thanks for your  help!
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 217

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »

It doesn't sound like his payment has been suspended, just that it hasn't been processed yet.  60-90 days after receiving notification of approval is typical for receiving payment.
Kjohns5
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:25:16 PM »

The local office said it was in suspended status because of the rep payee situation.   Initially online his benefit letter showed the amount and when his first month would start.  Ever since then, it has said " you are not getting payments" and the benefit letter that is created on demand shows $0.00.   Apparently they have sent the request to get the case "active" again but it is held up in "payment processing." I finally got the attorney to talk to me today (totally waste of $6,000).  According to local office his regular monthly payment will come next Thursday, regular pay date, but May could be held up?  I am totally confused on this. 
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 217

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:37 PM »

That makes sense.  Whether or not they can process it quickly enough for the May payment is impossible to say, but if they were ready to send the backpay, that doesn't have a deadline, so he could receive it prior to his first monthly benefit.  And this is not unusual.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197390
  • Total Topics: 19280
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc