Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2017, 10:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Administrative Law Judge Hearings
| | |-+  not for sure if this is good or bad?
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: not for sure if this is good or bad?  (Read 294 times)
Txgirl47
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: April 19, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi, all i have been here before but it was a very long time ago. well here a little history for you all. i have been fighting for 7 yrs now to get ssdi. well yesterday i had my third hearing because it kept getting reprimand back.due to first judge which was really rough.but  that enff of that, yesterday i saw a new judge which was very nice and seemed very caring well we went thur all the norm stuff. the time came for him to talk to the ve he asked her if i could do my old work she stated no. the he asked if a person my age and edu. and with the limitation i have is there any competitive jobs i could do she stated no none so he ended it there  so i dont know if thats good or bad .last time they had me at secondary work. any info would help  me i think its good but not for sure.       thank you so very much!
gardenia
~ Silver ~

People helped 28

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:06:47 PM »

You can't really tell how it will turn out until the decision is made since the ALJ decides which if any hypotheticals will be used, so unfortunately all you can do now is wait.
SFVLance
~ Titanium ~

People helped 6

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »

That's far too little info to give an opinion, so it could be bad...or it could be good!
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 187

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »

Did you hire a representative?  Sometimes they can give you a read on the hearing, especially if they know the ALJ & since they were in the room to see what was said & have seen your records. 

Otherwise, I agree 100% with chocolate & SFVLance.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Txgirl47
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »

yes i have one shes  been with me foe most of this time. she believed it went well.the judge only asked two questions. to the ve those were one with the limits that i have which is no bending no stooping no kneeling no pushing no pulling no stairs no latter no more than 2 hours of stand and cant sit more than 4 hours if  i could do any of my old jobs she the ve stated no, then he asked if a person whom is my age with my education which is 7th grade and the ve stated there is no competitive jobs that i can do. the judge also asked me if i see my self getting better and i told him no that i feel like i am an 70 or 80 yr old person and i started to cry because that was so hard to tell that to him.i have no social life i dont drive more than 5 miles. both of my hands go numb. i have alot going on with my body. i have never had the ve say no jobs they two times before this judge. the first judge i had the put me at the lighted work  but he got stuff wrong and he also used some ones else medcial history to make a decision on mine. so this is the third time going infront of a alj. i am just looking for maybe a little hope.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197390
  • Total Topics: 19280
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 59
Total: 60

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc