Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 01:13:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Welcome to the Forum!
| |-+  PLEASE STOP BY HERE FIRST AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
| | |-+  new; needing advice and opinion
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: new; needing advice and opinion  (Read 623 times)
jb1988
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: May 09, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »

hello, I'd like to introduce myself first. I'm Joshua, I'm just now ( im hoping) halfway through my first ssdi ssi claim. I've been diagnosed with unspecified depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, nystagmus, low vision, and past knee injury( chipped bone and hyperextended acl). my initial filing was march 30 , the next day I had a social security person call and ask a few basic questions saying that I would have a function report to fill out; which I received and sent back out 3 weeks ago or so ago. I recently received a form to agree to go for a adult physical exam in June. Will it only be for my knee or other conditions I have too? And I was talking to my case worker at the place I have  therapy for anxiety and depression at; he said someone called from ss and he was telling them if they needed copy of my psych evaluation he could give it to them but they didn't want it or at least at the time. possibly just checking if the listed places on application were legit? And any opinions are welcome
Name: Joshua
Age at Application: 29
Disability: generalized anxiety disorder, unspecified depressive disorder, nystagmus, low vision, past knee injury( chipped bone and hyperextended ACL)
Date Applied: March 30, 2017
jb1988
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:10:06 PM »

to also add the fact I have anxiety I find it hard to go out place and not be on edge; loud noises or fast paced environments put me in a fight or flight mode.  I have nystagmus which i have had since I was a kid ( through birth) and poor vision; have never had a driver's license. Im in a very rural area so I can't just walk to stores I have to rely on others for transportation which is not always reliable and in general is humiliating not able to transport myself. I have no money, but im lucky to have family to stay with instead of homeless after I lost my apartment. Between everything going on and my anxiety I've been restless and very worrisome.

Name: Joshua
Age at Application: 29
Disability: generalized anxiety disorder, unspecified depressive disorder, nystagmus, low vision, past knee injury( chipped bone and hyperextended ACL)
Date Applied: March 30, 2017
grove800
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 33

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:13:35 AM »

Welcome01 Welcome06

😊
Name: Vicki
Age at Application: 59. Age now 62
Disability: Hypogammagobulimannenia , aggressive arthritis spine, 4 level cervical fusion, chronic pain, DDD,COPD,
Date Applied: 7/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 11/2013
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 5/2014
Date OTR requested: 6/2014
Hearing Date: January 19, 2016
Date Award Letter Received: February 3, 2016. per benefit letter on my SS website
Date Back Pay Received: February 4, 2016 direct deposit
Additional Info: fully favorable letter by mail Feb 6, 2016. Medicare started Dec 2015
anxiety45
SSDFacts Supporter
~ Gold ~

People helped 11

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »

Hi there, and welcome! Happy03
Name: anxiety45
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Physical and mental
Date Applied: 4/2016
First Approval/Denial Date: 7/2016 - Approved
gardenia
~ Titanium ~

People helped 31

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 11:08:16 AM »

Right - they need to check the places you said you go for treatment and they will probably address all your physical impairments at the physical exam.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201469
  • Total Topics: 19742
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 43
Total: 46

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc