Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 01:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Letters from Social Security Disability
| |-+  Letters following Benefits
| | |-+  Short form then received dreaded long form. So scared
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Short form then received dreaded long form. So scared  (Read 842 times)
Krista513
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: May 09, 2017, 08:18:19 PM »

Oh man. Im so upset. I cant stop thinking about it.

Ok im 25. Been disabled since i was 21. Severely bipolar, PTSD, BPD plus anorexia. Was in and out of hospital's for 2 years. My old dr is the one that basically filed for disability for me. I was approved within a month. Well fast forward 3 years. I get the short form. Fill it out. 6 months later i get the long form. I cried. I was so so upset. Scared anxious etc. I sent everything back like 2 months ago. Still on my toes about it.

Now i do see a therapist every 1 -2 weeks. And i see my psych doctor every 3-4 weeks. Im on 4 different medications that make me extremely foggy most days. But help my horrible racing thoughts and explosive anger.

Im married with a 1 1/2 year old. My disability money really helps us financially. I know i wouldnt be able to work. Ive tried. Bi polar runs in my family pretty badly. My 2 uncles have also been disabled from a young age.

Sorry for the long post. So im basically looking for some lift ups lol. Im so scared. My mom says since i see my drs and take all my meds that i shouldnt lose it. What do u think?
newdawn
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 89

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 09:08:39 PM »

Try not to worry too much at this point, especially considering you're still seeing your doctors on a regular basis. I think something like 5% of people who receive the short form are randomly chosen to go through a long form CDR. I'm not sure if this is what happened in your case, but it could just be random. Try to make sure you therapist and doctor send in your medical records when requested. Have you spoken to them and asked if they've been contacted yet for medical records?
Name: Dawn
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Date Applied: 11/2013
First Approval/Denial Date: 03/2014
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 11/2014
Hearing Date: 11/13/2015 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 01/15/2016 Fully Favorable (rec'd 01/21)
Date Award Letter Received: 02/17/2016 (rec'd 02/20)
Date Back Pay Received: 02/13/2016 (paper check)
Additional Info: 02/09/16 mySSA account updated with approval info. 02/22 rec'd medicare card in mail. Hired lawyer after reconsideration denial. Requested an in-person hearing.
SFVLance
~ Platinum ~

People helped 18

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:45 PM »

I agree with your mom and newdawn, you don't have anything to be concerned about. You've seen your doctors, and you have records if needed. Just make sure those records have been submitted, and that's all you can do.

If you eventually make some improvement by adjusting your treatment and medication, that will be something to keep track of for your next CDR in a few years, but again, as long as you keep track of everything, you'll be fine.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.
Krista513
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:47:00 AM »

Thank you u guys. I told my dr that i was getting a disability review and he said "they will send something" ..thats all that was really said. When i was first approved i was in psychiatric hospitals a lot. I had a month long stay right before i was approved. I have only been admitted to the hospital a couple short stays in the last few years. This is just neeve wrecking! If i lost my disability id lose my insurance too and my meds cost thousands.

It took 6 months for me to get the long form! I messed up the short form and added notes section. Apparently i shouldnt of done that. So im hoping i get somethin back from them soon.
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 219

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:48:15 AM »

Even if you get a benefit cessation letter, you will have an opportunity to appeal.  And as long as you contact SSA within 10 days of the letter, you can continue receiving benefits during the appeal.

You have already done the most important step of maintaining medical treatment.

Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Krista513
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

So what a coincidence i get a letter right after coming on this site scared shitless. Lol. I havent read the whole thing but the first little paragraph says "we recently reviewed the evidence in your social security disability claim and find that your disability is continuing. U are still disabled under our rules" yadayada. THANK U LORD.

I have literally been SO ANXIOUS about this. Since OCTOBER! I guess this means ill get another in 3 years? It didnt say when.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201469
  • Total Topics: 19742
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 44
Total: 47

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc