Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2017, 04:26:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??  (Read 200 times)
Piglets Mom
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: May 10, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »

Hi

I appreciate this blog. I am on my 2nd CDR since starting SSDI 6 yrs ago for mental illness. Since then..they have requested to speak directly with and have them fill out a form. This occured with 2 different part time jobs. Once not related to a CDR and the other time was during my first CDR. GRRRR!!! I am fortunate I had bosses I could confide in & they wont try to sabotage me. 

Moving on to my 2nd CDR. The Examiner called me & asked if they could talk to my Supervisor. I am not on the best terms w/ this boss and she lives in another state & may not have reason to say I am disabled..cant do the job..need special accomodations..etc because I can make my own hrs and only work 1-2 days a week and luckily dont report to only one worksite. I have been on job under a yr and she has not exp one of my episodes and I have been able to get my work done. I have only seen her 4x in person & we communicate via phone.

I am just baffled they want to talk to yet another one of my bosses. Is this normal? The last 2 they talked to could attest to my episodes and I worked closer w them & could trust them. This one already has made deragatory comments about "people on welfare"..I have not disclosed my disability to her.

Of course I gave SSD her contact info & now I need to figure out what to say to her Sad 

Have they contacted your bosses directly? I should have just referred them to HR.

Thanks!
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 191

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »

How close to SGA are you working?  SSA has to make sure that you are choosing to work under SGA due to your medical condition - not due to the limited availability of hours with your job or because you want to work part-time.  If you are going to work & receive benefits, SSA is going to need to know about what accommodations you are receiving to work & whether you are able yo work more hours.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Piglets Mom
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 06:11:35 PM »

Hi Helper!

Thanks so much for the reply. I am working under $600 mo. and I went 20.00 over SGA 1x last year when manic. I had 2 PT jobs at that time. I was not on this job then. I see where u are coming from..this line of thinking.  I had started & quit 6 PT jobs last year. I have been on this job 8 months. The nature of the job gives me tons of flexibility & dont have to be in a "specific spot" where someone is waiting on me.  This boss does not even know I am on disability. HR does. I have worked off & on for this company in various roles for 3.5 yrs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197977
  • Total Topics: 19372
  • Online Today: 107
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 38
Total: 43

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc