Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Congratulations you were approved!
| |-+  Continuing Disability Reviews
| | |-+  Posting to ease someones anxiety! I got the long form
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Posting to ease someones anxiety! I got the long form  (Read 769 times)
Krista513
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: May 11, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »

Hey guys! Im new here. Im 25 years old and have been disabled since i was 21. I have mental health problems such as borderline personality disorder, anorexia etc.

I got my first short form cdr in october 2016. I didnt do any research.. just filled it out and wrote in the notes section (apparently that will automatically flag u to be read by a human) 6 month's goes by and im feeling better.. thinking oh its ok. Its been 6 months so it has to be ok lol. In march i receive the long form. I cried! I mean i freaked outtt. I have a 19 month old son & all i could think about was how on earth i would ever be able to help with supporting him if 1) i lost my benefits 2) id lose my insurance as well and my meds cost thousands of dollars a month. And 3) how the hell am i going to work ? Ive been fired from every job i have ever had. I dont do well with people. I have no friends and just the thought of being around a bunch of strangers makes me wanna crawl in a hole.

So i join this site and get some advice.. and 2 days after i came on here, i get my letter from social security. My disability is continuing. I thought they were gonna make me see one of their doctors.. i thought it was gonna be a long drawn out process. Just because u get the long form doesnt mean you're doomed! If u see ur doctors and do what u are supposed to do, youll be ok. I really just wanted to try to make someone feel better because ive been stressing nonstop for months!
Piglets Mom
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

I know where u are coming from. I got the short form..made no comments & 2 mo. later got the long form. Hang in there! I just started the process.
waiting so long
~ Silver ~

People helped 9

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »

your 2 1/2 year trip has only begun. get a attorney that don't collect unless they win. i did and what a relief to have someone do all the filing for you. all i had to do is keep calling them with medical updates. if you can't find a attorney to take your case you will need to get more medical evidence. seems like it's all about medical evidence and limitations. and age helps a lot. good luck on your trip
Age at Application: 59
Disability: lumbar c1 c2 carpel tunnel cupa tunnel pvd
Date Applied: 4/23/2015
Hearing Date: 3/29/2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: 5/24/2017
Date Back Pay Received: 7/25/2017
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 219

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

your 2 1/2 year trip has only begun. get a attorney that don't collect unless they win. i did and what a relief to have someone do all the filing for you. all i had to do is keep calling them with medical updates. if you can't find a attorney to take your case you will need to get more medical evidence. seems like it's all about medical evidence and limitations. and age helps a lot. good luck on your trip

Was this supposed to go on a different thread?  All the posters on this thread have already been approved for benefits.

All SSA representatives for people looking to start SSA benefits are paid nothing unless they win (with the possible exception of medical record fees/copying fees depending on your contract).  If a lawyer wants money up frent for a SSA case, you should run in the opposite direction - unless you are looking for a representative for a CDR cessation case.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 10057
  • Latest: Lan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201419
  • Total Topics: 19738
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc