Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Leadership Bios
| |-+  Leadership Bios
| | |-+  DISABILITY
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: DISABILITY  (Read 1054 times)
ladylove
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« on: May 28, 2017, 01:28:18 PM »

AFTER A JUDGE VERBAL APPROVE YOU FOR DISABILITY, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE REWARD LETTER. THE JUDGE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO APPROVE ME ON THE 28TH OF FEBRUARY.
Just Me
Administrator
~ Platinum ~

People helped 600

Nice Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

The usual time frame is 30-90 days. The ALJ making the decision is only one step. The Decision Writers have to write the decision. There is no way of knowing how many times  the case might have to be sent back to the writers for errors. Then the ALJ has to sign it. Then it has to be processed and sent out in the mail.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.
Age at Application: 50
Disability: DDD, nerve damage upper & lower extremities, RA
Date Applied: First Applied Feb 2002, Denied May 2003. Applied again Oct 2003, Approved June 2004
SFVLance
~ Platinum ~

People helped 14

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 05:54:30 PM »

I was approved at my hearing; approval letter was dated 13 days later. There's no way to tell.

Incidentally, 62 days (or so) later from approval letter date, and I still have not received award letter or payment.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:13:44 PM by SFVLance »
diane
~ Silver ~

People helped 0

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

Hope you get your letter and payment soon, SFVLance!

Just wondering: What is the difference between an "approval" letter and an "award letter." Also, what is a "benefits" letter. Newbie here Smiley

Thanks if someone can shed some light when they can  Happy19
Name: Diane (filed for my younger brother)
Disability: PTSD; Bi-Polar 1; Paranoid Schizophrenic; Impulse Control Disorder; ADD; Cognitive Decline (probable early onset dementia);Severe Social Anxiety
Date Applied: January 13, 2017
First Approval/Denial Date: Appoved May 23, 2017
Date Award Letter Received: Not Yet
Date Back Pay Received: May 25, 2017
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »

Hope you get your letter and payment soon, SFVLance!

Just wondering: What is the difference between an "approval" letter and an "award letter." Also, what is a "benefits" letter. Newbie here Smiley

Thanks if someone can shed some light when they can  Happy19

If approved at the initial or reconsideration letter, the approval letter and the award letter are a single document that basically say you are approved & these are the benefits you will receive  (monthly & backpay).

But at the ALJ level (or above), you would get an approval letter explaining why the case was allowed from the ALJ.  Then, several weeks to months later you get award/benefit letter basically explaining what your monthly benefit is & an explanation of the amount of backpay.

You can also get a benefit verification letter from SSA (online or the office) that states your monthly benefit amount if you need income verification (like applying for a mortgage or another benefit program).  Obviously, you can also use your award letter but months or years later you may need an updated document.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:26:10 PM by Helper »
diane
~ Silver ~

People helped 0

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »

Thanks, Helper!
I'm going to try and get to a SSA office near me and get a copy of my brother's letter. I have a concern that it will itemize his medical conditions that he was approved for. He has a very difficult time seeing his diagnostic labels in print or even spoken for various reasons due to his paranoia and I want to be prepared to alleviate his concerns ahead of time if I can.

Sorry, ladylove. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hoping your reward letter comes soon! Waiting is so nerve-racking.
Disability: PTSD; Bi-Polar 1; Paranoid Schizophrenic; Impulse Control Disorder; ADD; Cognitive Decline (probable early onset dementia);Severe Social Anxiety
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »

Thanks, Helper!
I'm going to try and get to a SSA office near me and get a copy of my brother's letter. I have a concern that it will itemize his medical conditions that he was approved for. He has a very difficult time seeing his diagnostic labels in print or even spoken for various reasons due to his paranoia and I want to be prepared to alleviate his concerns ahead of time if I can.

Sorry, ladylove. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hoping your reward letter comes soon! Waiting is so nerve-racking.

The "good news" is that initial level (& reconsideration) approval letters do not tell you why you were approved.  So, it will not list his diagnosis(es) or the medical records used for the decision.  ALJ level decisions are more detailed & have all the rationale.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
diane
~ Silver ~

People helped 0

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »

That is good news for me and him!
Thanks, Helper! One less thing for me to worry about and juggle.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 70
Total: 72

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc