Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister



Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length


You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Letters from Social Security Disability
| |-+  Miscellaneous Letters and Information
| | |-+  Received overpayment letter in the amount of 30k
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Received overpayment letter in the amount of 30k  (Read 703 times)
~ Copper ~

People helped 0
Posts: 20

« on: June 22, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »

hi everyone, dealing with a letter I received stating an overpayment from SSDI.  I contacted them but will need to fill out an appeal form - advice appreciated.  to make a long story short I had a worker comp case resulting from a work related accident.  i applied for SSDi and when approved they made a back payment about half of what they say i now owe.  while getting wc, I started receiving ssdi that was prorated to equal the 80% of gross monthy income pre disability.  my wc atty and the wc ins supplied ssa with the figures so I believed (still do) they did what they were supposed to.  a couple yrs in, the wc settled and I no longer received bi weekly payment but rather a settlement that was  spread over my remaining life time.  this = out to a few hundred per month until my estimated time of death so there was little to no impact to SSDi.  After case settled all paperwork was sent to ssa showing settlement etc and ssa made adjustment to my monthly amt increasing it to what it should be per mnth.  now receive this letter about owing monies that seems impossible but worried none the less because its just over 30k and I of course dont have that on hand.

Anyone file appeal?  whats the process like and will they send how they came up with that amt.  I tries to call former wc atty but its been about 4 yrs and they dont seem to think its their problem
~ Titanium ~

People helped 31
Posts: 157

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:12:58 AM »

Try searching for a workers compensation forum online and ask them. There are forums that have people posting who also get SSDI.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:41:48 AM by gardenia »
~ Copper ~

People helped 0
Posts: 20

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »

Does anyone know how this process works i will appeal of course but due to a tbi i have cognitive difficulties so hard dealing with a bunch of paperwork and timelines.  will the ssa have to show me there calculations.  i am dealing with a bunch of other stuff already so this is more than i can handle right now
Lit Love
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258
Posts: 3176

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »

I'd start here: https://blog.socialsecurity.gov/appeal-your-non-medical-decisions-online/#more-2148

You can hire an attorney, including your prior one, but they'll expect a retainer.

Hopefully jsm will see your thread.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below



  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 61
Total: 64


Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc
Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Amber design by Bloc | XHTML | CSS | Installed by DevPH
Page created in 0.188 seconds with 34 queries.