Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:26:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Quality Review
| | |-+  Quality Review and Under Review
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Quality Review and Under Review  (Read 391 times)
Flo
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

There but for the Grace of God, go I.

« on: July 23, 2017, 11:48:44 AM »

Let me first say that I hate this process. Application date was 1/12/2017. DDS determination date was 6/14/2017, it was then picked up for Quality Review where it say until 7/19/2017. Now Myssa states the local office has the claim, except it is not my local offices address:

ODO/PC7
I-M-28 1ST FL SW BLDG
1500 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21241-0001

A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your benefit application. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information.

It would stand to reason that this would indicate that the claim has been approved, since after some research, I figured out that ODO/PC7 is the payment processing center, however after speaking to a representative on Friday, I was told that the claim is "under review" and no decision has been made! What the heck? This is for SSD for my husband. He was a government employee when he was injured in Afghanistan in 2013. He was disabled retired by the Office of Personnel Management in 2015. We waited the year to apply for SSD. He is also a US Army vet and we have been waiting for a year for an increase in rating from the Veterans Administration. While Social Security has made a lot more progress than the VA, it is still a little unnerving that getting a simple yes or no answer is so difficult. Has anyone else had a similar experience with the case being sent to a payment center without a determination? Thanks for any input and good luck to you all!  Main20
Name: For the Hubby
Age at Application: 53
Disability: Blast injuries, hearing loss, back injuries, knee injuries, TBI, brain disease
Date Applied: 1/17/2017
First Approval/Denial Date: Still waiting
Additional Info: DDS closed case 6/14/2017 QR till 7/19/2017
Helper
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 212

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »

In another post, you said your son works for the local SSA office.  If that is the case, it is my understanding that your case will be sent to a different local office for processing since they do not want employees handling cases of their family members.
Age at Application: 26 age of onset (but I did not apply until 28)
Date Applied: August 2011
First Approval/Denial Date: November 2011
Additional Info: I was fortunate to be approved on my initial application due to extensive medical records (12+ doctors) & documentation of unsuccessful work attempts even with significant accommodations
Flo
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

There but for the Grace of God, go I.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »

Yes while that is true my son in law does work at the local office, he does not work in the section that handles claims, and there is no one that knows he is my son in law because at no point in the application process does it ever ask if your family member works at your local SS office and his last name is different so no one, unless he said would know we are related. Additionally, the employee would be expected to recuse him or herself from the process if a family members app came across their desk, and he has had no formal contact with the app.  I found out yesterday from my SIL that the application is sent to the PC7 (payment center 7) when you have offsets for compensation, Federal disability and other matters. Now it is just waiting again for some sort of notice, maybe some money  Main09!
Name: For the Hubby
Age at Application: 53
Disability: Blast injuries, hearing loss, back injuries, knee injuries, TBI, brain disease
Date Applied: 1/17/2017
First Approval/Denial Date: Still waiting
Additional Info: DDS closed case 6/14/2017 QR till 7/19/2017
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 78
Total: 80

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc