Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  Welcome to the Forum!
| |-+  PLEASE STOP BY HERE FIRST AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
| | |-+  June - Hello
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: June - Hello  (Read 494 times)
June
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:59 AM »

Do you have a parent nearing retirement age.

Not for a while, but I wanted to fight the battle now instead of later, to prove my onset before I have more symptoms. I see I can't apply for CDB until the parent is retired, disabled, or deceased. I thought I might be able to get my whole case showing onset before 22 or 26 but I see it may be too risky.
Name: June
Disability: Too many! Mental and physical.
Additional Info: I was approved a few years ago, but I want to start a new application because of onset date.
jsm
~ Platinum ~

People helped 278

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 12:42:10 AM »

SSA is not going to do what you want; SSA is not going to make a decision on an earlier onset date unless it pertains to paying of benefits. SSA's job is to pay benefits like disability (SSDI), retirement, survivor and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  SSA has enough work to do, like holding hearings and issuing back pay. SSA does not have time to make the decision you want.

But like other posters have suggested, why don't you gather all the written information that you can (some sort of certification that they are original) and put together your own theory of your case and how the evidence proves it, and let members of this board provide constructive criticism and advice. And since there are no benefits to be paid, there is no rush to get this done. Then, at the unknown future date, you would at least have a complete package to submit.
Lit Love
-
~ Platinum ~

People helped 258

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 01:04:20 AM »

Do you have a parent nearing retirement age.

Not for a while, but I wanted to fight the battle now instead of later, to prove my onset before I have more symptoms. I see I can't apply for CDB until the parent is retired, disabled, or deceased. I thought I might be able to get my whole case showing onset before 22 or 26 but I see it may be too risky.

Follow Helper's advice and gather your needed documentation for your eventual DAC/CDB application. 

Your disposable income might not be vastly different even if you are eventually approved for DAC/CDB when you factor in Medicaid, SNAP, potential housing and utility subsidies, etc. 
June
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 02:18:08 AM »

Follow Helper's advice and gather your needed documentation for your eventual DAC/CDB application. 

Your disposable income might not be vastly different even if you are eventually approved for DAC/CDB when you factor in Medicaid, SNAP, potential housing and utility subsidies, etc. 

I have gathered most. I have to wait and see if these places can dig up anything from archives and make one more call.

I don't think I would get much from Medicaid, SNAP, etc because I would be pushing myself to work part-time before I can't anymore. When I work a little, physical symptoms are much worse.

I am going to see if PASS can help me. I think an ABLE account would help more because it makes me worse to speak with the people at the agencies like Medicaid.
Additional Info: I was approved a few years ago, but I want to start a new application because of onset date.
June
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 02:48:23 AM »

SSA is not going to do what you want; SSA is not going to make a decision on an earlier onset date unless it pertains to paying of benefits. SSA's job is to pay benefits like disability (SSDI), retirement, survivor and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  SSA has enough work to do, like holding hearings and issuing back pay. SSA does not have time to make the decision you want.

But like other posters have suggested, why don't you gather all the written information that you can (some sort of certification that they are original) and put together your own theory of your case and how the evidence proves it, and let members of this board provide constructive criticism and advice. And since there are no benefits to be paid, there is no rush to get this done. Then, at the unknown future date, you would at least have a complete package to submit.

I would rather prove that I was disabled before 26, get an ABLE account, work part-time, and let the rest go. So I made a mistake by putting the later onset date, and have no way to do a new application after the 60 day period?

SSA must save money and time. I think they would save more money and time if I'm not fighting for CDB, but I guess I will have to plan to get assistance to fight them at a later date. I would rather not have that in my future. It's triggering to deal these records from that long ago and to be applying for more charitable help.
June
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 03:02:56 AM »

So many questions:

Do you qualify for Supplemental Security Income payments?  That may resolve your need for increased income but it will not satisfy requirements for an ABLE account.   

I am afraid you are fighting an uphill battle.  We could go on with a lot of speculation but you climb too high up the hill, you may want to study:

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0427505001, https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/hallex/I-02/I-2-9-40.html, https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0900705251, https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0425501250, https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0427510005, https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0420101025, and other references relating to reopening a prior fully favorable decision. 

P.S.  What/who is SSA's p-doc?  I am not aware of that nomenclature in relation to SSA doctors.

Thank you. I will read.

I don't qualify for SSI. I get a little more than someone on SSI, and my necessary expenses are too high because of my physical problems, even though I am burdening friends and family. My doctor plans to help me get state assistance with ADLs if I can handle being around the strangers, which is iffy.

What I meant was the in-house psychologist or psychiatrist at DDS who helps to review the mental records. I don't think he usually gets so involved, but did this time.
June
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »

Ok, the links answer the main question. Thanks everyone!

From everything I read, CDB won't help me until a family member dies, which we hope isn't for at least 15 years. B/c of family maximums because of having a ill brother. My CDB case seems like an uphill battle because of the rules of what gets considered, but worth trying and appealing.

I don't know if any of it makes a difference to me monetarily, whether the money is from SSA or the state, but it's a lot nicer getting a disability check than having to reapply frequently for other assistance.

PASS looks like a nice program but from everything I read, it is based on your own money. Unlike ABLE where I can get someone else to help with the work-related necessities. With PASS if I get help from anyone, it is taxed and then I don't qualify for Medicaid, SNAP, etc.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 64
Total: 67

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc