Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  SSDI and SSI Disability Application Process
| |-+  Initial Filing Questions
| | |-+  Onset date
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Topic: Onset date  (Read 681 times)
Different Perspective
~ Platinum ~

People helped 558

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »

This thread and especially Reply #10 paints a heart wrenching picture.  It also illustrates what adjudicators go through every day.  As humans, they feel compassionate.  As adjudicators, they are bound by the rules set before them.  They understand your panic attacks but have to weigh that against your socializing (presumably) enough to date, get married, etc.  The question becomes "If she can get through the stress of social life, why can she not work in a less stressful environment?"  If she cannot work now, when did her condition deteriorate to the point that she could not perform Significant Gainful Activity?  Simple questions but very difficult to answer. 

Eye Movement Desensitization and Processing can work wonders - or it can do nothing.  The fact that you are willing to try it means you have not given up.  The fact that your therapist is suggesting it means she has not given up on you.  God speed. 
Additional Info: My Different Perspective comes from a lifetime of being near, working with and for those with disabilities, working for the Easter Seal Society, working for the Disability Determination Services (20+ years) and working as a case assistant to an attorney who, until he retired, worked on SSA disability cases exclusively and have attended approximately 185 Hearings. I have great empathy for the truly disabled and greater antipathy for those who try to game or scam the system. With my background, I quickly make distinctions between the two. I am ready to admit my error as soon as the evidence proves me wrong. Any posts I make are based on my experience, memory and current research. Anything, particularly opinions, I post should be verified by someone who has access to the entire case record and not just selected shorts offered by those seeking information, preferably by a competent attorney or non-attorney representative who thoroughly understands SSA law.
BpinkV
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »

I wanted to update everyone.....

I went to the new P doc last Wednesday....he spoke to me for less than 10 mins. and PINK SLIPPED ME!!!

I did nothing wrong but had to sit in a ward until Saturday after 5pm. They are now saying I also have major depressive disorder NOS. I have never been diagnosed with this before.

I called DDS to tell them but also let them know it was a BS reason and I should not have been sent there. The new P is crazy!

I called my T and she advised me to file a grievance and is going to help me do that next week at my session.
Age at Application: 30
Disability: Chronic PTSD, Panic Disorder, Anxiety
Date Applied: 07/2017
Different Perspective
~ Platinum ~

People helped 558

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 07:18:13 PM »

I give.  What does Pink Slipped mean?  Were your fired?
Additional Info: My Different Perspective comes from a lifetime of being near, working with and for those with disabilities, working for the Easter Seal Society, working for the Disability Determination Services (20+ years) and working as a case assistant to an attorney who, until he retired, worked on SSA disability cases exclusively and have attended approximately 185 Hearings. I have great empathy for the truly disabled and greater antipathy for those who try to game or scam the system. With my background, I quickly make distinctions between the two. I am ready to admit my error as soon as the evidence proves me wrong. Any posts I make are based on my experience, memory and current research. Anything, particularly opinions, I post should be verified by someone who has access to the entire case record and not just selected shorts offered by those seeking information, preferably by a competent attorney or non-attorney representative who thoroughly understands SSA law.
SFVLance
~ Platinum ~

People helped 14

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »

I give.  What does Pink Slipped mean?  Were your fired?

I think in this instance, it's a term for the paperwork used for involuntary or emergency psychiatric holds.
Name: Lance
Age at Application: 46
Disability: Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
Date Applied: June 1, 2012
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied August 31, 2012
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: No Recon in my region of CA
Hearing Date: January 25, 2013; Remand Hearing March 13, 2017
ALJ Approval/Denial Date: Denied February 20, 2013; Federally Remanded, Bench Decision March 13, 2017
Additional Info: Got Federal remand; 2nd hearing postponed, rescheduled Fall 2016. Postponed again - finally held March 2017.
BpinkV
~ Copper ~

People helped 1

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »

Yes, put in a WARD!!! I told the new P thoughts that go through my head because I have PTSD. I always think and question everything. I don't think bad things on purpose. Someone with PTSD would understand. I told him how 2 months ago I was having thoughts when I was stressed taking care of the kids about o I could just shake you. That popped in my head and I immediately put them in a safe place and went to the bathroom to calm down. He never asked what did you do he just pink slipped me. He asked if I had a plan to harm myself and I told him NO. The ambulance didn't want to take me, but in Ohio a pink slip ties their hands. The ER wanted to release me, but the supervisor said because a pink slip I had to be held. It was a nightmare and finally was cleared up and I was released on Sat. Everyone apologized over and over. The worse part is I was told to be released I had to take medication. I have always just used as needed meds and have never been on a daily med. With PTSD you can't control what pops into your head and that doesn't mean anyone with PTSD would ever act on that thought. I was in his office less than 10 mins. My T is on my side and can't believe what happened.  He put that I was a risk to harm myself and my children which is untrue. My T can back that up. My T is going to help me find a way that I can somehow remove this from my record. I never want anyone to think or see that someone thought I was a risk to my children. How can a P make that decision in less than 10 mins?
Age at Application: 30
Disability: Chronic PTSD, Panic Disorder, Anxiety
Date Applied: 07/2017
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 79
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 62
Total: 65

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc