Home PageForumLatest TopicsHelpContact UsLoginRegister

User

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

+  Social Security Disability Facts Forum
|-+  The Physical Side of Disability
| |-+  The Physical Side of Disability
| | |-+  Feel like I'm losing my mind.
Theme modified by www.pinoyden.com | WebDesigns www.devph.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Feel like I'm losing my mind.  (Read 450 times)
Keep*going
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

« on: August 08, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »

I applied May 3, 2017.  I have been dealing with medication changes that have caused withdraw and I started new meds that aren't working yet.   I have ptsd,  depression and anxiety along with physical pain from arthritis.  The stress of everything has been overwhelming and I feel so fuzzy.  I have my mental CE tomorrow,  and if she treats me as cruel as the physical ce dr did,  I'll probably lose it.  I already go from crying uncontrollably to fits of anger.  I hate this whole process and the toll it takes on the mind.  Thank you for letting me vent.  Prayers to all
J
Name: Julie
Age at Application: 38
Disability: PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Arthritis, carpal tunnel, sciatica
Date Applied: May 2017
love_shelties
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:47:35 PM »

If you're speaking of changes in psych meds, yes, it is an horrendous ordeal. Personally, I'm not sure if any of them significantly help. I have yet to try one that actually has. I have experienced Effexor withdrawal, and that does indeed make things intensely worse. I don't have any experience with a CE, but if I was to, I would be terrified. Hopefully the person will be decent. On the bright side (?), your feeling overwhelmed and fuzzy should help your case. Someone will see first hand what you are actually like during these times and how adversely the meds can affect you.

Yes, the process does take its toll. I have countless times cried over and been angered by it. It truly does seem unfair, esp. when there's a financial toll going on as well. As much as I don't want to, I try to re-focus on the fact that no one cares about the actual illness but is looking at the affects of whatever illness on one's ability to work. There's a big part of me that wants someone in this process to eventually listen to my story and understand the true effect it does have on me. I know that will not happen. It's not their job. It's their job to see if I have any ability to be employable. (I hate having to admit to myself that I really am unemployable.)

I usually try to sleep through the fuzzy/unable to focus periods. Can't say that's a healthy way to deal, but it's what I have for now. Hopefully the new meds will kick in soon and be helpful. If you are anything like me, I go through phases. This may be decompensation, I don't know. By the way, be sure to tell your doctor exactly what you have mentioned here as you will need documented evidence....Back to the point, remember that phases will come and go—symptoms will be really bad for a week or so, then semi-tolerable, then bad again, then not quite as bad. Have faith that maybe there is something out there that will enable you to have good phases. I do hope that your case will move quickly, so that you will be free to concentrate on getting good help. The process itself is such a HUGE additional stressor.

Keep us updated when you can and thanks for sharing!!
Age at Application: 50
Disability: dysthymia (chronic mild depression) + anxiety disorder
Date Applied: September 9, 2016
First Approval/Denial Date: Denied—October 24, 2017
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: Denied—January 26, 2017
Date OTR requested: n/a
Date OTR Approved/Sent to Hearing: n/a
Date Sent to VSU: n/a
Date VSU Approved/Sent to Hearing: n/a
Date Hearing Notice Received: July 13, 2017
Hearing Date: October 3, 2017
Additional Info: hired atty. after initial denial
Keep*going
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »

Thanks for the reply love_shelties,
I have been dealing with mental health issues for just over 25 years now.  I've only been medicated for them for about 20 years.  I had a major life event happen about 5 years ago that basically made my world crumble and set me back to the beginning.  I have been in therapy and just recently changed from my PCP managing my medications to a Psychiatrist.  My PCP had helped me as much as she knew how,  and I really needed to move on to a psych.  My psych has changed all of my meds and the hardest has been the withdraw from the Paxil.  She has been weaning me off of it gradually and I took my last pill yesterday morning.  I have been on Zoloft to counter the anxiety issues and am also on Lamictal for my manic episodes.  I pray my appt tomorrow goes well and does not send me into a downward spiral.  The medical appt basically made me feel like a piece of crap that had no worth what so ever.  Like I was a lying piece of crap that just wanted a free ride...      I would give anything to have a healthy mind and body,  but that's just not in the cards for me,  especially right now.  The financial strain doesn't help,  and I have a family that I have to care for also.  The whole thing is such a huge weight and I just can't get out from under it,  it's slowly crushing me. 

Thanks again for the response,  it's nice to know some people out there read and take part in conversations on here.  I'm going to go take my sleeping pill so I can maybe get a few hours of sleep before my early morning appt.  I'll let you know how it goes. 
J
Kicksnomore
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »

Welcome.  Keep going.  I am sorry you need the forum, but glad you found it.  It helps just being able to vent to people that understand.  This whole process is so stressfull, even though my disability is a physical one, the stress makes me flare and brings on more pain.  Try to keep it together and I hope our appt. tomorrow goes well.
Disability: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Date Applied: 3/15
First Approval/Denial Date: 6/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 9/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 4/17
Hearing Date: Scheduled for 7/17
love_shelties
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:38:44 AM »

Your situation sounds like some of what I have experienced.

I really do wish that someone could come up with a medication for mental disorders that actually does a good job at helping the majority who take it. It has always ticked me off how some PCPs/Psychiatrists act as if side effects of these drugs are no big deal.

It really is unfortunate that you were treated in such a manner during your medical exam. It is hurtful. Hopefully today's appt. will be better. I will pray too that you get someone good and if not that you will be given the comfort and strength needed to not let it bring you down. It definitely does feel like a huge, crushing weight. Take one day at a time; take one hour at a time, if you need to. Be proud of yourself for having made it through the medical appt. Be even more proud of yourself after you appt. today. Two less nasty hurdles you have to jump over in this process. It sometimes seems like the SSA wants us to give up. Don't though. Come back at them with detailed accounts of how your illness and medications affect you. Make sure your doctors know exactly how you are doing, no matter how embarrassing it may feel. Be committed to getting through this process and eventually getting better!
Keep*going
~ Copper ~

People helped 2

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »

Well,  my mental ce is complete.  The psychologist was very nice,  nothing like the medical ce appt.  She agrees with my medical records/diagnosis and that did relieve some of the anxiety.  Now the waiting game continues,  this is the hardest part I believe.  The appt itself was exhausting,  bringing up everything again.  I have a rough past and talking about it brings all the emotions back and it takes a while for me to calm down.  I'm praying that I receive an answer soon and can focus on my health.  Thanks again for all of the replies and support.  I will keep you all updated,  praying for you all.
J
love_shelties
~ Copper ~

People helped 0

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 04:22:43 PM »

Awesome!! SO GLAD this appt. went well!! Thanks for the update!!
Kicksnomore
~ Silver ~

People helped 3

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 06:13:36 PM »

I'm so glad your appointment went well.  The waiting continues.  ⏳
Disability: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Date Applied: 3/15
First Approval/Denial Date: 6/15
Reconsideration Approval/Denial Date: 9/15
Date Hearing Notice Received: 4/17
Hearing Date: Scheduled for 7/17
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

thanx

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 200408
  • Total Topics: 19639
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 03:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 80
Total: 82

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc