Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: CDR: Filling out the SSA 820  (Read 3082 times)

glider222

CDR: Filling out the SSA 820
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi all,

Another question before I send this form in.  Is it a good idea or not to attach a copy of my schedule C to the form
for both years they are asking about? Will this help me or hurt me.  I just want to get it done and have them leave
me alone.

Kathy

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
Re: CDR: Filling out the SSA 820
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:20 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the schedule C have a spot where you actually list the deductions you took such as office, rent, car payments, etc?  If so, then I wouldn't offer it unless they request it.  I would give them the figure you made for the years they requested it.  If you took deductions for any of your living expenses such as a home office or car payment, I would think that would figure into your income, even if it is tax deductible.  I am certainly not an expert on this topic but my feeling when it comes to social security is never give them more they need unless it helps your case 100%. 
Marci
I speak from experience not expertise.

glider222

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »
Thank you Marci.  I was thinking along the same line as you.  Do not want to open up a can of worms...

Thank you again for reasurring me.

Kathy

glider222

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
I want to update everyone in hopes that this situation may help others.  I was required to fill out the SSA 820 and SSA 821 for the first time in late April.  I was very anxious, as I do not want to be doing something wrong and lose my benefits.  So I filled them out with the great advice from all who helped me on this forum.  I sent the forms return receipt, with sig required. It arrived on May 3. 
Today  I recieved a response from SSA saying that Nov 2010 has been counted as my first "trial work month".  Following was instructions to inform them of the usual change in work or medical condition.  That was it!

Pheww.!  I was so scared when I saw that letter today.  But it worked out okay.  The bottom line is to always be honest but never offer more information than they request.  Thank you again for all who helped me back in April when I first recieved the requirement to fill out the above forms.

Kathy

Dragon Fly

• Glitter Queen SSDFacts Doughnator
  • SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 25
  • Mood Swing Goddess of the West Tinfoil Crinkle
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:40:57 PM »
Kathy,
That is great news!!!
Thank you so much fort he follow up...
Let us know if there are any other developments.
Be well,
>;<
Dragon Fly
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »
Kathy,
     Thank you so much for the update.  I am glad things worked out so well.  Your post is exactly what people need to read.  Be honest and don't elaborate. 
Marci
I speak from experience not expertise.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.