Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 08:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Modifying Your Profile  (Read 2750 times)

Bonzai

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 387
  • Mean Administrator
Modifying Your Profile
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:27:11 AM »
I thought we had a standard post addressing how our members could modify their user profiles, but I can't find it.

Why would someone want to modify their user profile?  For me personally, it allows other users to see what my impairments are and I can possibly get advice or suggestions from them.  I am always looking for new research dealing with Bipolar Disorder.  I think that most (all) users should list their impairment(s), so other members can offer specific rather than general advice on issues being encountered.

I don't necessarily think that a user should have their email as public, nor do I think a user should use their actual name as their screen name.  Whether or not they choose to list their location is also personal choice, but I know that members have met in person because of the board.

Exact dates of when someone first applied, appealed, etc... are not important, ballpark figures are OK.  It gives the rest of us time frames to refer to.

To modify your profile, double-click on your screen name; which will bring up a new section of the board.  Go to the "Forum Profile Information" tab on the right-side and double-click on that.  Make the changes that you wish to, and then click Change Profile located at the bottom left-side of section.

To get back to forum, just click on the Forum tab on the top of the page you are on.
"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White

DisabledInWI

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
Re: Modifying Your Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 10:39:14 AM »
I wish more members would at least fill out the sections of their profile that include the status of their case. Makes it easier to offer help if that information is readily available.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 612
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
Their age is a big help too because age can make a difference. A lot of people put their age down when they first join, but they forget to change it when they have birthdays. Their state can also be helpful if they need help with things like medical, food, etc. Their state can also help if they are waiting for an ALJ hearing.
Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 01:03:12 PM »
The FAQ section of the site has some screen shots and instructions for how to do basic things on SSDFacts:

http://www.ssdfacts.com/faq

tappedout

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
what if you want to leave the forum? and close out your posts? can that be done?? I am just asking  ...

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 273
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »
what if you want to leave the forum? and close out your posts? can that be done?? I am just asking  ...

If you have personal identifying info we can modify posts and we can close your account but it's unnecessary.  You can change your user name or remove info in your bio.  If you no longer want to participate, you can simply not return.  We will not delete posts because the info is available for everyone.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.