Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: SSA Awarding  (Read 7617 times)

landych

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
SSA Awarding
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:55:52 AM »
My neurologist send a note to my lawyer about my Multiple Sclerosis condition. The lawyer send a letter to SSA, asking consideration to awarding my case to listing 11.09A (significant & persistent disorganization of motor function/sustained disturbance of gait & station. In addition, unable to tandem walk, paresis in the right lower extremity and visual loss in the right eye causing difficulty with coordination and gait.

Will this help my matter with SSA? How log will take for them to respond? I'm from New Jersey, don't know how the system works.

Thanks,   
landych

Bonzai

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 387
  • Mean Administrator
Re: SSA Awarding
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:16:52 AM »
If your attorney sent the letter, then it was most likely a request for an On The Record (OTR) decision, based upon the preponderance of evidence supporting your claim for disability benefits.  An OTR review cannot hurt your case, due to the fact that they can only be Fully Favorable if a decision is made, else you just continue on the your hearing, where an ALJ will consider all the evidence submitted and give you and your attorney a chance to prove you are incapable of making Substantial Gainful Activity ($1,031 a month for 2016).
"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203525
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 46
Total: 49

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.