Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 06:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: What attracts you to the forum SSD Facts.  (Read 1391 times)

joejoe1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
  • winners learn from another
What attracts you to the forum SSD Facts.
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:55:53 PM »
This topic is started from curiosity,There are many members,some join,some stay,others leave.I joined when going through the dis.process.,when I was in the recon stage,by scrolling through google looking for answers of SSA hearing procedure.I think site is helpful and informative.                                                                                          You can list what does and the good points of forum.Also,ther should,nt be many,dislikes or improvements needed.                                                                                                As topic goes,if it does,I ,ll post in ,too. Thanks forum members.
the sun always shines at noon.

Leasy

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 6
Re: What attracts you to the forum SSD Facts.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
I came here looking for answers and found that I like reading other peoples questions too. I'm amazed at the knowledge that is shown here among the post. I still am learning things and I find myself wanting to know more.

Atticus

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »
I feel a sense of connection to the outside world. I mostly live in solitude and rarely leave the house. To be honest, it gets very lonely. This forum not only give me a chance to reach out to people, but it gives me hope and a lot knowledge.

wornoutworker

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 13
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »
 I spent months on the internet researching SSDI before I filed. Came across this site.
 I bought and read Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability-Getting & Keeping Your Benefits.
 Kept coming back to SSDFACTS.COM. This site is really a one stop /shop for getting and keeping your benefits. There is a lot of misinformation out there when it comes to applying for disability benefits, and a lot of what we think is relevant to the process, isn't.
 This site is # 3 in my favorites, part of where I go on the internet when I am feeling well enough to be on-line reading.

Glyn

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 17
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:49:06 AM »
i enjoy reading this forum. i came here not long after applying for benefits on 02/12/13. i am still fighting SSA. the admins here are VERY helpful!

Bonzai

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 387
  • Mean Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 03:41:35 AM »
What attracts me to SSDFacts can be summed up in two words "the members".

In this day and age, where people have become absorbed in their own lives, it is refreshing to be a part of a site where the members help one another.  This is why I always say SSDFacts is built out of, and based on "Love".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:35:39 AM by Bonzai »
"If one of these engines fails, how far will the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!" - Ron White

bean4432

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
  • waiting in vain
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:26:29 AM »
I came to this site after filing for disability,the info that this site was real valuable that not only helped me succeed in a approval, but also where others have the same disabling condition as you have and let you know how they go about treating theirs, you don't get the constant eye rolling or " not the I'm in pain speech again",just always words of encouragement on this site. I will be glad when my payment comes through so I can make a donation to this site. SSD facts forum ,I Never would have made it with out you. I was ready to give up on life and yall responded quickly .though we may never meet one another in person,yall are all still in my heart,again, thank all of you

Cka0728

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 3
  • Left eye blind
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
The SSDI "process" is complicated. It varies somewhat state to state. I found it helpful to learn from the People on this site that went Thru it. Face it lawyers are expensive, sometimes you CAN file yourself and with help of the folks here and family....you will have greater success at securing you Ssdi ins.
Also People come here for support, advice, and strength, it can only serve as a helpful solution to the problems they are experiencing in their life.

joejoe1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
  • winners learn from another
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Great answer Mike.This site interacts with each other,to solve everyday problems,just ask and answer is the key.Thank the mods,too for running posts smoothly.What would be nice would be a change of ''picture layout'',you know,when we log-in,there,s the same SSD Facts lay-out,o well,just a suggestion,thanks to you all.
the sun always shines at noon.

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »
I came to ask questions. This is the only source of correct informations AND fellow comrades, on the planet. I can not imagine traversing the SSDI journey without the members. Who else are you going to talk to about function reports, SGA, and illness, LOL. I grin but it's the darn truth. No one but us can relate to us.
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

cynderella

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 54
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 09:57:02 PM »
First I want to say Congratulations to TraceyJuliet for your approval!!!!  I have been a member here since 2012 when filing for disability. Anxiety and Depression as some of you know can put you in a very dark place that some do not return from. This group gave me strength, hope, understanding, love and a wealth of answers to questions during my two year struggle. Since winning my case I stop by periodically to check on some old friends and to see if there is anything I can do to help others. Giving back what was given to me. I can say that there are many people here that saved my life and will forever be greatful.  The dark places still come but with the fight for disability over a weight was lifted. I love this group and the people here. I stop by from time to time but unless I have something to say I do not sign in. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »
First I want to say Congratulations to TraceyJuliet for your approval!!!!  I have been a member here since 2012 when filing for disability. Anxiety and Depression as some of you know can put you in a very dark place that some do not return from. This group gave me strength, hope, understanding, love and a wealth of answers to questions during my two year struggle. Since winning my case I stop by periodically to check on some old friends and to see if there is anything I can do to help others. Giving back what was given to me. I can say that there are many people here that saved my life and will forever be greatful.  The dark places still come but with the fight for disability over a weight was lifted. I love this group and the people here. I stop by from time to time but unless I have something to say I do not sign in. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you Cynderella! I too, love this place  :Main18:
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

chiarigal

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 7
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »
I have been lurking forever it seems. I have enjoyed reading here because A) I have learnt a lot about the process. People outside of here tell you so many things and most of the time its not correct information. And B) no one in our personal lives can really relate to what it is that we endure.

People in our personal lives sometimes say things that are really cruel, I have noticed that does not happen here. People who are not in this situation just do not understand.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202338
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.