Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:05:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: 80% VA rating and I/U P&T - Rich  (Read 5198 times)

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 617
  • Nice Administrator
Re: 80% VA rating and I/U P&T - Rich
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
If the doctor won't make the correction, you can submit a statement and have it entered into your medical records. No one knows how much weight, if any, patients statements in their medical records carry. you

If you or your representative deliberately leave out medical records or other evidence, you can be denied.

See Corrections at the link below-
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individuals/medical-records/index.html?language=es
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:51:16 PM by Just Me »
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 11:30:51 PM »
I have not left anything out. I listed ALL doctors, tests, surgeries and hospital visits. I am just not sure if they requested this report.

I have had to send in statements to doctors to have errors corrected. They just attach it to your record.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:35:55 PM by blgreens »

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2017, 05:09:16 AM »
I don't think many of us get the copy of the cd until we are close to hearing since that disc at that time is the most important.  That's when I had to make sure all records were in. I started in June of 13 and tried to request around November of 15 since my hearing wa in January of 16,  I was told even in November my medical records were still be scanned in from my attorney, so I had to wait till the week between Christmas and New Years. Around Jan 4 or 5 it finally arrived.  Now I had about a week to look them over and nothing was missing but was a very large file and it took me days to read it all over.  Some things had completely blanked in my mind till I was able   The one thing about these records is you see your docs note.  Very helpful only if he takes the time to jot them down

As far as the collar.  I had a 4 level whole works laminectomy corpectimony C3 -C-7.  Much hardware and brackets in hospital for 7 days due to complications .  I had been fitted for the aspen Cervical hard collar for 3 months 24/7. Bone stimulator 24/7. Intensive physical therapy coming out of collar with weaning off.  After that no more collar use at all since they want to straighten you neck muscles as best as they could.  So I'm not sure what kind of collar you are talking about. 
😊

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 617
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
It is a good idea to get copies of your medical records routinely. The longer it is after a doctor makes a mistake in your medical records, the less likely it is they will agree to change it. When a doctor does make a correction, that does not mean the mistake is removed from your medical records. Some doctors will remove the mistake and correct it and some will make the correction at another place or next to the mistake. It depends on the doctor.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »
It is a good idea to get copies of your medical records routinely. The longer it is after a doctor makes a mistake in your medical records, the less likely it is they will agree to change it. When a doctor does make a correction, that does not mean the mistake is removed from your medical records. Some doctors will remove the mistake and correct it and some will make the correction at another place or next to the mistake. It depends on the doctor.
This is good advice!

I had just a situation with one of my older reports. It was too old to make the corrections but, I was told to write a letter addressing the errors and they would attach it to my record. It was only a time frame thing. It did, however, cause a lot of issues for my case.

I have copies of a lot of mine now and am waiting on a couple more. I also request personal copy CD's of all my MRI's because they toss those after so many years. I am missing a crucial one because I gave it to one of the doctors I saw and he didn't send it back. He sent it to the hospital and they lost it.

:Forum04: :Forum14: :Forum21:

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
Also, he said that my cervical collar was probably home made...? Has this guy never seen a C-Collar in all his years in practice? I have to buy a new one every 6-8 months because they wear out quickly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the doctor thought that you self-prescribed wearing the c-collar and were choosing to wear it rather than it being prescribed by a doctor for a medical reason. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, but there are people that do this type of thing, either because they are looking for relief on their own and can't see a doctor to prescribe the device or because of fraud. (Again, not saying either of these apply to you.)

You'd have to ask the doctor who wrote this to know for sure why he wrote "homemade".
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
Also, he said that my cervical collar was probably home made...? Has this guy never seen a C-Collar in all his years in practice? I have to buy a new one every 6-8 months because they wear out quickly.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the doctor thought that you self-prescribed wearing the c-collar and were choosing to wear it rather than it being prescribed by a doctor for a medical reason. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, but there are people that do this type of thing, either because they are looking for relief on their own and can't see a doctor to prescribe the device or because of fraud. (Again, not saying either of these apply to you.)

You'd have to ask the doctor who wrote this to know for sure why he wrote "homemade".
I will write him a letter and include a copy of my prescription and the receipt for the collar. I keep copies of all of this kind of stuff. I turn in for reimbursement at the end of each year. Our pharmacies do not fill these kinds of prescriptions (small town and no medical device place anywhere close) and my insurance reimburses me a portion.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.