Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 06:33:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Third party impact  (Read 1501 times)

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
Third party impact
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »
Hey guys

So I finally received the right page letter from my ALJ! Lots to go over and when I have time I'll break down some things that may be helpful. What I really wanted to do was give a quick tip for those considering using a friend or family member as a resource.

My therapist from 2005 - 2010 wrote a letter on my behalf. The ALJ gave that letter weight enough to include it in his summation. He even quoted it.

I must remain impartial to the whole family member or friend plea, but the letter from my former therapist obviously had enough impact to be a part of his decision letter.
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

Atticus

Re: Third party impact
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:34:09 PM »
Hey guys

So I finally received the right page letter from my ALJ! Lots to go over and when I have time I'll break down some things that may be helpful. What I really wanted to do was give a quick tip for those considering using a friend or family member as a resource.

My therapist from 2005 - 2010 wrote a letter on my behalf. The ALJ gave that letter weight enough to include it in his summation. He even quoted it.

I must remain impartial to the whole family member or friend plea, but the letter from my former therapist obviously had enough impact to be a part of his decision letter.

Did you submit the therapist's letter at the initial stage? Or did you submit it after you got an attorney?

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
Both - with my initial application and when I hired my attorney. She was fierce with getting any and every bit of paperwork in.

Atticus, don't obsess about it. I got lucky with my ALJ, not all would consider third party letters. At the end of the day, it comes down to meeting each and every criteria spelled out by the SSDI rules and policies. DON'T obsess!  :Main19:

Added: I obsessed over everything too, Atticus - meant no judgmental tone, I'm preaching to the choir! :):)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:40:45 PM by TraceyJuliet »
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

Atticus

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 08:45:33 PM »
Both - with my initial application and when I hired my attorney. She was fierce with getting any and every bit of paperwork in.

Atticus, don't obsess about it. I got lucky with my ALJ, not all would consider third party letters. At the end of the day, it comes down to meeting each and every criteria spelled out by the SSDI rules and policies. DON'T obsess!  :Main19:

Added: I obsessed over everything too, Atticus - meant no judgmental tone, I'm preaching to the choir! :):)

No worries! He he! I like picking up bits of information here and there. I am learning a lot. Threads like this are very useful! I am watching and learning very carefully.

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 09:57:58 PM »

No worries! He he! I like picking up bits of information here and there. I am learning a lot. Threads like this are very useful! I am watching and learning very carefully.

You make me smile, Atticus.

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:15:06 PM »
When you get a chance Tracey please post as much as you can from the letter as it will help many.
Thanks.
😊

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 12:48:20 AM »
When you get a chance Tracey please post as much as you can from the letter as it will help many.
Thanks.

I absolutely will! I received it late in the day. I do my best "thinking" and orderly work with that first pot of coffee.  :Main06:

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202338
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.