Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 06:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Wheeled Waker  (Read 3298 times)

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
Wheeled Waker
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
I just came back from my doctor and he gave me a prescription for a wheel walker and a shower chair because of the week ness in my legs and falls I do use a cane but he told me to start using the walker all the time for my gait instability. do you think this can help with my ssdi ?

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
Re: Wheeled Waker
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »
Honestly -- and this is just speculation -- it will probably help, but only a tiny bit.

Although it supports claim of weakness in your legs, an ALJ and Vocational Expert *might* find that you can seek out a different type of labor/assembly job that allows you to work sitting down all of the time.

Maybe someone else will correct me if that would not happen at your age.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »
I have polyneuropathy in my hands & feet. my hands & fingers are numb all the time cant hold on to things

joejoe1

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
  • winners learn from another
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »
O.D.A.R. will need your info about age ,work history and education.Are you,or were you a skilled laborer?Did you  graduate,and did you attendany college training?Your age is considered approaching advanced age.You have mobility problems,which cause use of assitance,walker.You do not need to answer this,only a few points that are being evaluated,O.D.A.R.
the sun always shines at noon.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 227
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »
O.D.A.R. will need your info about age ,work history and education.Are you,or were you a skilled laborer?Did you  graduate,and did you attendany college training?Your age is considered approaching advanced age.You have mobility problems,which cause use of assitance,walker.You do not need to answer this,only a few points that are being evaluated,O.D.A.R.

I believe Bobby111 is still waiting for an initial decision.  So, he needs to provide DDS with a copy of the prescription.

Bobby111  - I know you had previously said you were losing insurance as of January 1.  Make sure you look into whether there is a medical equipment loan closet near you.  It is often run by the Lions Club or Rotary Club (& they might be able to tell you who does it in your area if they do not).  There is a good chance you can borrow the rolling walker & shower chair from a medical equipment loan closet for no cost.  Most allow you to keep the equipment  for as long as you need it.  Many people donate equipment yo the loan closet that they no longer need due to having it for a short term need or progressing yo different equipment (or an elderly relative passing away).

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »
Oh thank you so much Helper I will do that

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 03:15:13 PM »
Honestly -- and this is just speculation -- it will probably help, but only a tiny bit.

Although it supports claim of weakness in your legs, an ALJ and Vocational Expert *might* find that you can seek out a different type of labor/assembly job that allows you to work sitting down all of the time.

Maybe someone else will correct me if that would not happen at your age.

Actually, he seems to meet the requirements of Listing 11.14 A and have the evidence required under 11.00 B and satisfy 11.00 D.  (The OP should read 11.00 and 11.14 if he hasn't already.)  https://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/11.00-Neurological-Adult.htm

When a claimant meets a Listing the 5 Step Sequential Evaluation Process stops at Step 3.  Age is not a factor until step 5. 

This doesn't mean every applicant with a script for a walker will meet a Listing...

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »

I believe Bobby111 is still waiting for an initial decision.  So, he needs to provide DDS with a copy of the prescription.

Bobby111  - I know you had previously said you were losing insurance as of January 1.  Make sure you look into whether there is a medical equipment loan closet near you.  It is often run by the Lions Club or Rotary Club (& they might be able to tell you who does it in your area if they do not).  There is a good chance you can borrow the rolling walker & shower chair from a medical equipment loan closet for no cost.  Most allow you to keep the equipment  for as long as you need it.  Many people donate equipment yo the loan closet that they no longer need due to having it for a short term need or progressing yo different equipment (or an elderly relative passing away).
And, if you are a vet, the VA usually has a room full of medical appliances you can use until you no longer need it. Our local VA has one. We donated to it and used it.

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:55:23 PM »
I got Approved today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 03:45:05 AM »
 :Kudos03: :Celebrate06: :Celebrate05: :Celebrate08:
😊

bigbabie55

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 79
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
 :Kudos04: :Kudos04: :Kudos04: :Kudos03: :Kudos01:
Blessings! :heart:
Bigbabie

miller

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 05:15:07 AM »
 :Kudos03: :Kudos03: :Kudos03: :Kudos03: :Kudos03: :Celebrate08: :Celebrate08: :Celebrate08:

Congratulations!!!!

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202338
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 62
Total: 62

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.