Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 06:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Frequency Of CDR's After 50 Years Old  (Read 2934 times)

MartinB

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
Frequency Of CDR's After 50 Years Old
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:51:05 AM »
In addition to a question I ask on another post, I have another question. Okay at 50 years I understand I will still receive CDR's until retirement age. With that being said, I was 49 at the time of my last CDR and now I am 51. so will I now be receiving my CDR's every seven years rather than 3 years?

Thank You 

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 227
Re: Frequency Of CDR's After 50 Years Old
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
Not necessarily.  It depends on your odds of medical improvement.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »
Well, to be technical, it depends on how SS has or has not coded your odds of medical improvement.

ravenette

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »
How do you know what you were coded?  I received my approval letter last year and I just turned 58 this October.  How will I know when I will received a CDR?  Is there something in the approval letter to let me know?   Thank you for all of your help and information.

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 07:01:58 PM »
Ravenetta - It is near the end of the approval letter. It will not provide the code, but it will say when you can expect a review.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing. My recently received approval letter doesn't state anything in regard to future reviews and I was thinking that was perhaps since I'm over 60 at this point. Anyone have any more specific guidance?

StrayCats

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 06:20:30 PM »
My letter never stated anything about when I'd get reviews, it has been 3 yrs now and I just got my 1st cdr short form.[/font][/font]
"Life can change in a Heartbeat, Make the needed changes to Live, Love & Laugh Everyday of your Life before it ends to soon !!!"

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 06:47:12 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing. My recently received approval letter doesn't state anything in regard to future reviews and I was thinking that was perhaps since I'm over 60 at this point. Anyone have any more specific guidance?

My award letter (received after the approval letter) had a section titled "Things To Remember For The Future" near the end. Mine read:

The doctors and other trained personnel who decided that you are disabled expect your health to improve. Therefore, we will review your case in August 2018. We will send you a letter before we start the review. Based on that review, your benefits will continue if you are still disabled, but will end if you are no longer disabled.

I don't know if everyone's award letter will have something this specific in this section.

DisabledInWI

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 21
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »

My award letter (received after the approval letter) had a section titled "Things To Remember For The Future" near the end. Mine read:

The doctors and other trained personnel who decided that you are disabled expect your health to improve. Therefore, we will review your case in August 2018. We will send you a letter before we start the review. Based on that review, your benefits will continue if you are still disabled, but will end if you are no longer disabled.

I don't know if everyone's award letter will have something this specific in this section.

Under that same section, my award letter says:

"Doctors and other trained staff decided that you are disabled under our rules. But, this decision must be reviewed at least once every 3 years. We will send you a letter before we start the review. Based on that review, your benefits will continue if you are still disabled, but will end if you are no longer disabled."

steve

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
I heard that once you turn 50 the reviews are less frequent..Also being 50 and over makes it easier to be approved for benefits also when you first apply..

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:58 PM »
I heard that once you turn 50 the reviews are less frequent..Also being 50 and over makes it easier to be approved for benefits also when you first apply..

"I have heard."  Please post facts, not rumors. 

And being 50 and over does NOT make the approval process easier for all claimants.  The GRID Rules factor: work capacity, age, education, and previous work.  There are many claimants where the GRID won't help them until age 55 and in other cases, it won't ever help them.

jsm

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 288
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »
To the original poster: you also need to know if your local office is fully staffed; if there is a hiring freeze (there is) so no one is replaced when they leave; what priority CDR's are in the current political environment; other variables. There was one SSA commissioner, JoAnn Barnhart, who thumbed her nose at Congress and said "if you don't give me more money in the budget, I will stop doing SSI redeterminations and CDR's."

There are guidelines for CDR processing, but your case may or may not be done on that timeline. Impossible to predict. Out of your control.

shaks24

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
I think for the last few yearly budget cycles there was mandatory budget financing aimed specifically for doing CDRs/Redeterminations in order to get rid of the back log by 2019. Where this currently stands, I have no idea.  I know at one time the back log hit 1,300,000. I think they have closed the gap some in the last couple of years with the designated funding.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:56:41 PM by shaks24 »

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »

I just received my award letter today. It doesn't have a section entitled "Things To Remember For The Future" although the booklet they included states that the award notice should state when to expect the first review. My award letter just states that I should notify them if my condition changes.

StrayCats

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »

I just received my award letter today. It doesn't have a section entitled "Things To Remember For The Future" although the booklet they included states that the award notice should state when to expect the first review. My award letter just states that I should notify them if my condition changes.

I dug out my award letter and mine also doesn't contain that sentence nor does it tell me when my 1st review would be. 3 years later to the date I am waiting to hear about my cdr form I sent in. My award letter does have a statement from the judge that approved me as stating there is NO possible way that I would ever be able to work again in the future at SGA or otherwise therefore there is no possible improvement expected. I didn't know about the codes on my cdr letter I got so I didn't lok at it to see if it was low/high etc. :( I am 49 now and soon to be 50 so by the time I get another cdr if its 3yrs again i'll be 53 or close to it.
"Life can change in a Heartbeat, Make the needed changes to Live, Love & Laugh Everyday of your Life before it ends to soon !!!"

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202338
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 61
Total: 63

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.