Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Received Message Online About My Reconsideration  (Read 1740 times)

mrh1958

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Received Message Online About My Reconsideration
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »
         Just received a message on my SS page today 01-05 online about my reconsideration it says:  "A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information."

I would guess that this means the decision could go either way, just was curious if others here have received a message like this and what the outcome was.

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
Re: Received Message Online About My Reconsideration
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »
         Just received a message on my SS page today 01-05 online about my reconsideration it says:  "A medical decision has been made and we are working to process your decision. A Social Security Representative may contact you directly if we need any additional documents or information."

I would guess that this means the decision could go either way, just was curious if others here have received a message like this and what the outcome was.
Got this same message on my initial application. Mine was denied but, I have read where others had received this same message and were approved.
Like you said, could go either way.

Jill0613

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »
I got the message, I hearing level, 12 27 16, it was approval. I if it relates to SSI you still have to be non medically approved local field office.  My message for ssd changed yesterday when the payment center of approved and posted the award. Your notice of decision should arrive soon.
Jill

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:03 PM »
Like Jill said...a decision should arrive soon. My message was received on a Friday and my decision was posted the following Monday.

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
I got the same message and the next day (TODAY) they called me and said I was approved

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:14 AM »
I got the same message on 12/23. I called my attorney and they said the notification arrived with approved. It truly can go either way.
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

mrh1958

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:35:27 AM »
Received the decision, I was denied, lawyer filed appeal same day I am also filing paperwork for dire need

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
Received the decision, I was denied, lawyer filed appeal same day I am also filing paperwork for dire need
I am sorry to hear that. Glad you have a lawyer on top of things. I am preparing for when I have to get one.

Good Luck to you.

jessidarklighter

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 03:21:09 PM »
I got the same status, posted Friday. I was real excited because I hoped this meant I would be able to find out. However, the decision wasn't in the mail, the website hasn't changed again, and when I called my attorney his assistant practically shouted at me (because she has already said this on multiple occasions) that there is no way of finding out until the decision comes in the mail.

Did anyone else have to wait this status out? How long until it came in the mail or the website changed?

blgreens

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
I got the same status, posted Friday. I was real excited because I hoped this meant I would be able to find out. However, the decision wasn't in the mail, the website hasn't changed again, and when I called my attorney his assistant practically shouted at me (because she has already said this on multiple occasions) that there is no way of finding out until the decision comes in the mail.

Did anyone else have to wait this status out? How long until it came in the mail or the website changed?
Got the message on Friday(12/9/16) and the following Monday (12/12/16) there were three different posts. I had to log on for three different reasons. Each time I logged on, there was a different message. I got my answer by the end of the day.

Addendum: I did not get the letter until the 14th.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.