Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Bad birthday  (Read 1245 times)

Atticus

Bad birthday
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
Today is my birthday. Having a bad day though. I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep. It's for the best, she was in pain. :Main17:

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 612
  • Nice Administrator
Re: Bad birthday
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 06:15:11 PM »
Atticus, I am so sorry about your dog. I lost a dog I had for over 16 yrs in 2015 and I am still not over it. I got another one, but it isn't the same. Our pets are also our family.

I know this birthday is not a happy one and I am so sorry.
Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

bobby111

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »
So sorry there family

poutypoet

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
  • "Dig the well before you are thirsty"
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »
So sorry to hear this. Take care.
First applied 2012
Denied at hearing/AC level
Re-applied May 2015
Hearing December 2016
Denied March 2017
Currently at AC level~ Oct. 2017
10/2013 Date of Disability (due to original denial)
12/2014 DLI
Chronic Migraines, Vasovagal Syncope, Fibro, Depression, Anxiety,
PTSD, Reynaud's, IBS, ADHD.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 234
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:23:18 AM »
Oh Atticus, that sucks - I am so sorry. My dog, Juliet, is literally my lifeline. I'd be lost without her. I love dogs and help with rescues. I'm also a dog sitter and walker. I hope you heal quickly, my friend. JM is right - they stay in our hearts forever and we never get "completely" over it.  :Main17:
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

Atticus

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
Oh Atticus, that sucks - I am so sorry. My dog, Juliet, is literally my lifeline. I'd be lost without her. I love dogs and help with rescues. I'm also a dog sitter and walker. I hope you heal quickly, my friend. JM is right - they stay in our hearts forever and we never get "completely" over it.  :Main17:

Thank you Tracey. My dog Lulu was an ex "bait" dog. It took many months of patience, love and caring to bring her out of her shell due to the traumas she suffered. But eventually, she came out of her shell, and she turned in to a normal dog that loved sleeping in our bed, and playing with her toys. She actually lived a long life, because she was already four or five when we adopted her, and we had her for almost 11 years! She was an American bulldog (different than an American Pit Bull Terrier). Unfortunately, the house seems really quite, and I can't seem to sleep with out her. Basically, she was like my therapy dog.

My remaining dog is old and full of grey hair now. He seems to be unsettled, and looks around for Lulu. I kind of suspect he figured out that she is not coming back. I do feel good because she passed away very peacefully. The doc gave her a sedative to relax her, then very slowly gave her the lethal injection. They allowed me in the room so i could be there with Lulu and gently stroke her fur so she wouldn't be scared. Right before she passed, she reached up and licked my nose! I guess she was feeling pretty good! :smile"

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 05:56:30 AM »
So sorry.  I know how it is with the older dog since I have one with health problems now.  In fact he can't make it up the stairs so I sleep down on the couch otherwise he starts pacing without me.   You have to think of all the love and joy we got from them for many years.  I would not trade that time in for anything.  They become so much of our lives.  Happy Birthday anyway!
😊

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 05:04:09 PM »
I lost my Little Miss Mollie in 2015 on Good Friday.  I had her since she was 4 months. She was fine one day she stoped eating.  Then we got her to eat baby food.  She was so pitaful then she stated making theses terrible noises.  It turned out she had kidney failure. I didn't want to put her to sleep and it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  It was a really hard time because I was waiting to her back on my recon and my marriage was falling apart. It was so lonely, but my parents adopted a shelter dog who had been abused and we bond and we have been great therapy for each other.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

Atticus

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate it. I still haven't been able to sleep or relax since my dog passed away. I just lay there, and no matter how hard i try, i cannot relax! Damn! My remaining dog Ace is very unsettled, and keeps looking around for his companion. He can't seem to sit still either.

Well, I guess eventually, i should be able to sleep from exhaustion I guess. I did go out for my belated birthday today with my family, so at least i got my mind off of it for a while.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.