Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 06:39:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Fully Favorable!  (Read 2726 times)

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 227
Re: Fully Favorable!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »
It's kind of fun to check the SSA site and see updates each day (yea, I'm easily amused!  :Main14:) ... This morning it says: " 02/16/2017   

A Decision Has Been Made On Your Hearing Request

Your claim for Disability benefits has been approved. A detailed notice has been sent to you with your benefit information. For more information, please use the Benefit Verification Letter to check your benefit details.

If you disagree with the decision, you may request an appeal within 60 days of the date on the "Notice of Decision" you receive. A written request of appeal is required."

I've had 7 or 8 doctor's visits, lab tests and procedures in the last month so I guess one of the first orders of business once I get my Medicare card will be to contact their billing offices to recalculate my co-pays.

Since it says you are receiving Medicare, you can contact them now.  Your Medicare ID is your social security number with the letter A.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »

Since it says you are receiving Medicare, you can contact them now.  Your Medicare ID is your social security number with the letter A.

Thanks. I had wondered about that. The searches I had done seemed to indicate the number would be my SSN followed by HA.

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »

Thanks. I had wondered about that. The searches I had done seemed to indicate the number would be my SSN followed by HA.

Based on internet searches I did after approval, I thought it would be HA too, but Helper is correct. It ended up being my SSN plus the letter A.

Here's where you can register for online access to your medicare claims:
https://www.mymedicare.gov/ (I went almost totally paperless recently. Plus, your claims show up here faster than waiting for the notices to come in the mail.)

Here's where you can start looking at Parts C & D (you can search with or without your medicare ID):
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx

Supplemental plans (if offered in your state to those under 65):
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/medigap-home.aspx

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »
LNR, if you don't mind it would be helpful to others from this site if you could add some profile information.  Your timeline, your disabilities and so on.  It's a helpful tool for others.
😊

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
I went ahead and added the info from my first post into my profile.

Also, I contacted SSA today and they gave my my Medicare number and amount of back pay that will be paid.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »

Based on internet searches I did after approval, I thought it would be HA too, but Helper is correct. It ended up being my SSN plus the letter A.

Here's where you can register for online access to your medicare claims:
https://www.mymedicare.gov/ (I went almost totally paperless recently. Plus, your claims show up here faster than waiting for the notices to come in the mail.)

Here's where you can start looking at Parts C & D (you can search with or without your medicare ID):
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/home.aspx

Supplemental plans (if offered in your state to those under 65):
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/questions/medigap-home.aspx

Thanks, and yes, it turned out to be SSN followed by an "A". I did try to set up an online ID on the Medicare site but it says my info can't be found. It may just be too soon. I did contact my current insurance to let them know I have Medicare since they'll have to recalculate a number of claims as secondary insurers vs. primary. The woman I spoke to at SSA was pretty amazed (as am I) at how fast everything has happened since the hearing. She did say that one thing that made it more straightforward was the fact that there was no SSI to consider since we had other income when I had to stop working.

Oh, and one other positive sign today: It looks like SSA just did a test run on my account for direct deposit.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 06:38:21 AM »
Just to add in a few more data points, I was able to sign into the Medicare site a few days ago so that is all set up. I also can see on the SSA site that my first monthly payment will be next month.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 01:24:02 PM »
Although it took years to get to this point, I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed and amazed at how quickly SSA has processed everything with my case since the hearing. Today I received a call from SSA to inform me that they were releasing a payment for my back pay amount and that I would probably see it in my account before I received the letter in the mail about it.

LNR

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
Wow! And in a continuance of this amazing pace, the back pay just hit my account! (Too bad I only get to keep a small portion of it!)

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 05:39:12 PM »
 :Money02:

My claim (once approved by ALJ) was processed pretty efficiently too.

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 11:11:13 AM »
My claim was also processed  within 3 weeks of hearing with back pay.
😊

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »
There are certain things that delay the processing time, but for those without issues like multiple years of backpay or offsets, claims can be processed within a relatively short period.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202338
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.