Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Huge Differences in CDR-approval rates by states  (Read 884 times)

tennis

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 3
Huge Differences in CDR-approval rates by states
« on: February 14, 2017, 12:32:36 PM »
Hello
      I have been studying the interesting statistics on this site, here on this link......
     http://www.ssdfacts.com/dds#Approval
         As you can see from this link, there appear to be huge discrepancies in the CDR approval rate by state.  For example, Arizona has a relatively low CDR approval rate of only 78% (and also a low initial approval rate of only 28%, which I am assuming is relevant since the same people who make the initial decisions in the state are presumably the same who make the CDR decisions).
           So if you contrast this with Wyoming, you will see that Wyoming has a whopping 97.5% CDR approval rate (and a 53.6 initial approval rate).
             Considering how dependent my survival on SSD is, do you feel it would be a much "safer, more secure" decision to therefore move to a state like Wyoming because of their comparably higher CDR approval rates instead of a "riskier"(?) state like Arizona that has a much lower CDR approval rate?
              What could account for such big differences between the states? Even Arizona's neighbor (New Mexico) has a much higher CDR approval rate than does AZ. I was actually thinking about moving to Arizona because its climate appeals to me. But reading the statistics on this link makes me worried that it would be a risky choice to do so. So I'm eager to get your brutally candid thoughts on this. Thank you.

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
Re: Huge Differences in CDR-approval rates by states
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »
I've thought about this before. It could be a lot of things. For instance, it could be the population on disability in certain states tends to be older and thus more likelihood that their conditions won't improve. Also, certain states may have a higher proportion of people on SSDI-only vs SSI or SSDI/SSI concurrent.

Keep in mind I don't think those CDR stats take into account people who appeal their cessation of benefits and who end up keeping their benefits in the end.

Personally, I wouldn't move based on these stats because your condition remains the same no matter what state you live in. And I believe quality review is supposed to ensure that the state DDS offices are all applying the law the same nationwide.

DisabledVetUSAF

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
  • If lost ask for directions or continue to be lost!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
I agree, but think the sample size needs to be evaluated.

Smaller samples may have more variance than the statistically larger counterparts.

Like NewDawn said I am sure the demographics play a part in it too. 

I do not know everything, and if I did my brain would probably explode from intellectual overload.  That being said, I am always up for continued growth in relation to knowledge on many topics.  I believe knowledge is power, but such power is attained through exploration and in depth objectivity.

steve

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:36 AM »
In my honest opinion I don't think where you live carry's that much weight as far as CDR,s are concerned..AS long as your still disabled,not working,and continuing to see your doctors for treatment you should be good to go regardless of what state your in....

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »
I agree with Newdawn I would never move to a different state due to statistics.  Now for me my condition won't have improvement except maybe if I was in a much warmer climate for the arthritic issues.
😊

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.