Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 05:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: CDR Question  (Read 1079 times)

stellamartin123

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
CDR Question
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »
Does SSA determine whether you have a short or long form CDR before or after they look at the your medical records?

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 232
Re: CDR Question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
If you have a short form CDR, SSA does not obtain your medical records.  It is just a 6 question form that does not ask the name/contact info of providers. 

Therefore, SSA knows you are having a long form CDR because they obtained medical records when you returned the long form with the contact info of the providers you have seen.

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 566
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »
 "Therefore, SSA knows you are having a long form CDR because they obtained medical records when you returned the long form with the contact info of the providers you have seen."  Reply #1.

This may be a first, but I must beg to differ with Helper.  

1.  Privacy laws require written authorization to obtain medical record and those authorizations are valid for a limited time only.  To obtain records, a new authorization must be obtained.  

2.  SSA does not obtain medical records.  Medical records are obtained by the state agency (usually a Disability Determination Service Office) authorized by the SSA to act in its behalf to provide the specific service of determination of disability cases provided to that state agency. If  

Therefore, the correct answer to the original question is that SSA does not look at any medical records unless, and until, the case is reviewed by an Administrative Law Judge.  The answer to the unasked question is; medical records play no role in determining if a case gets a review - either medical or non-medical.

I will not attempt to explain the in's and out's of how one case with the same diary date as another is picked at a specific time and another picked at a different time and yet a still different case is not picked at all.  DDS adjudicators were not concerned with how a case entered their caseload, only in how to properly adjudicate it when it arrived.  

Understandably the possibility of a Continuing Disability Review causes much angst.  The fact of the matter is that CDR's will come when they come and there is nothing worry can do to change that.  The solution to the torment is to continue to get the best medical help available with the hope that the disabling condition may be treated so medical improve may occur and the reader may resume a normal life.  Continued medical treatment will provide only two outcomes: either the condition will improve, or continued medical treatment will show that there has been no improvement.  (The exception to the need for ongoing treatment is those cases such as blindness and paralysis where improvement is not expected.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:00:45 AM by Different Perspective »

poppy

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 8
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:52:35 PM »
Different Perspective wrote:  I will not attempt to explain the in's and out's of how one case with the same diary date as another is picked at a specific time and another picked at a different time and yet a still different case is not picked at all.  DDS adjudicators were not concerned with how a case entered their caseload, only in how to properly adjudicate it when it arrived. 

Oh bummer, I would love to hear that explanation.

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 566
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
"I would love to hear that explanation."  Reply #3

I would if could, but I can't so I ain't.

steve

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »
Hi Stella,If you receive a short form from social security this means they are not expecting any medical improvement in your case...

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202443
  • Total Topics: 19853
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.